Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/02/2010
Offline
1807 posts
 

Re: Cloud Strife as Next Reveal

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

CountMario wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:
She appeared on ps magazine, appeared in the micheal video, appeared on two special edition ps3. She is also iconic, and he looking for people with good gameplay element *cough* bigdaddy *cough*. Also FF11 was the first FF game on xbox. Bioshock was first for xbox

Iconic? explain. I'm interested into how she's managed to become iconic.


Look how many of us know lightning, shes appeared in like 5 of SQUARE ENIX new games.

Just to get facts straight im a cloud fan out of all ff character, then im aq lightning fan second, i just love her weapon. In reallity I think she has a better fit to the game out of a the ff characters.

And yes Ive played ff13 and honestly like colleccting the rewards more than anything, but the game wasnt good ff13-versus looks better. Im not a ff fan im more of a KH fan.


5 games? Name them please.

We know lightning but it isn't positive lol

 

 

 


Dissidia, theatrhythm, ff brigade, ff13-2, ff trading card games, ff13, 3rd birthday, itadaki street moblie, kingdom hearts


Now I know you're just  throwing stuff out there when you mentioned KH, since she DIDN'T APPEAR YET IN THE SERIES.


Lightning appears as an avatar in the Nintendo DC Kingdom Hearts game along with Sazh and Vanile Kingdom Hearts RE:coded

If you dont believe type lightning avatar re:coded on google images, avatar were a lil gaming aspect added to re:coded

No i have facts, im not like BRP

Message 81 of 140 (194 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/06/2012
Offline
2494 posts
 

Re: Cloud Strife as Next Reveal

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

I know what you're talking about, but an Avatar does not imply an actual appearance. That's like saying I'm currently playing as Crash because he's my Avatar.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 82 of 140 (187 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/07/2012
Offline
283 posts
 

Re: Cloud Strife as Next Reveal

Jul 20, 2012
Of course they're throwing her out in everything they're keeping her name known because shes still has another game coming out. Its just smart marketing. The reason shes the most popular character right now is because they plaster her name and face everywhere they can. The reason Cloud has a bigger fan basis is because his story is better and his game was amazing. Oh and for the record i don't even like Cloud i don't even plan on using him in the game but i do acknowledge his accolades, i just like sephiroth Smiley Happy
- If you like my idea or post, be sure to let me know with kudos =) -
Message 83 of 140 (184 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/02/2010
Offline
1807 posts
 

Re: Cloud Strife as Next Reveal

Jul 20, 2012

CountMario wrote:

I know what you're talking about, but an Avatar does not imply an actual appearance. That's like saying I'm currently playing Crash because he's my Avatar.


no its actually a gaming aspect of the game: image_thumb408.png http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/image_thumb408.png

 

Avatar gameplay aspect in the game:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvvcMRQScmQ

 

Were kinda going off topic

Message 84 of 140 (174 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/06/2012
Offline
2494 posts
 

Re: Cloud Strife as Next Reveal

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

quickfire123 wrote:

CountMario wrote:

I know what you're talking about, but an Avatar does not imply an actual appearance. That's like saying I'm currently playing Crash because he's my Avatar.


no its actually a gaming aspect of the game: image_thumb408.png http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/image_thumb408.png

 

Avatar gameplay aspect in the game:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvvcMRQScmQ

 

Were kinda going off topic


Oh yeah, those things in Re:coded I've never seen the point of. But still, it is simply a doll. Not Lightning herself. I'm sorry I assumed you were lying, but honestly, it's just a doll, or whatever it is.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 85 of 140 (167 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/02/2010
Offline
1807 posts
 

Re: Cloud Strife as Next Reveal

Jul 20, 2012

CountMario wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:

CountMario wrote:

I know what you're talking about, but an Avatar does not imply an actual appearance. That's like saying I'm currently playing Crash because he's my Avatar.


no its actually a gaming aspect of the game:  http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/image_thumb408.png

 

Avatar gameplay aspect in the game:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvvcMRQScmQ

 

Were kinda going off topic


Oh yeah, those things in Re:coded I've never seen the point of. But still, it is simply a doll. Not Lightning herself. I'm sorry I assumed you were lying, but honestly, it's just a doll, or whatever it is.



I just didn't like how you said i threw stuff out there, and its considered a cameo like protoman/megaman in dead rising. 

Message 86 of 140 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 07/06/2012
Offline
2494 posts
 

Re: Cloud Strife as Next Reveal

[ Edited ]
Jul 20, 2012

That's what I meant by when I assumed you were lying. Still, it's not the real Lightning. It might be a cameo or reference, but it's still not Lightning, case closed. Can we end this, my only point in even continuing is just saying that isn't the real Lightning.

 

I'm sorry that I assumed, again, I just don't like it when people act like they know about a franchise and spew a bunch of lies and speculation. Not saying that you did that, I mean when others do.

"A man's venom poisons himself more than his victims."
By the way, just call me Count for short.
Message 87 of 140 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
Registered: 06/15/2006
Online
42098 posts
 

Re: Cloud Strife as Next Reveal

Jul 20, 2012

ShotofCyanide wrote:
I think so 10 had a great story ending where it did, even fans of FFX-2 said the plot was very lacking. So is it just me or are both sequals made to appease fangirls? i could be wrong but its looking that way, hell in KH2 they made the three females little fairies WT F?!?!

I mainly enjoyed X-2 for the battle system and revisiting the world of Spira.  That combination made the game enjoyable but I do agree that X's ending was perfect for what it was.  I think at the most, what they should be doing with the -2's is just revisiting the worlds but leaving the original cast alone.  If X-2 had just taken place in Spira with maybe Paine and a handful of other characters while making mention of X's events and revisiting areas, it would have been better.


Message 88 of 140 (150 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/05/2007
Offline
2671 posts
 

Re: Cloud Strife as Next Reveal

Jul 20, 2012

quickfire123 wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:

Chaosdreams wrote:

quickfire123 wrote:
She appeared on ps magazine, appeared in the micheal video, appeared on two special edition ps3. She is also iconic, and he looking for people with good gameplay element *cough* bigdaddy *cough*. Also FF11 was the first FF game on xbox. Bioshock was first for xbox

Iconic? explain. I'm interested into how she's managed to become iconic.


Look how many of us know lightning, shes appeared in like 5 of SQUARE ENIX new games.

Just to get facts straight im a cloud fan out of all ff character, then im aq lightning fan second, i just love her weapon. In reallity I think she has a better fit to the game out of a the ff characters.

And yes Ive played ff13 and honestly like colleccting the rewards more than anything, but the game wasnt good ff13-versus looks better. Im not a ff fan im more of a KH fan.


5 games? Name them please.

We know lightning but it isn't positive lol

 

 

 


Dissidia, theatrhythm, ff brigade, ff13-2, ff trading card games, ff13, 3rd birthday, itadaki street moblie, kingdom hearts


Thank you for answering my question. That's marketing however. And her being multi-plat will obviously have her name more well known. However from the people I know. Nobody likes her or ff13. So if she is in PSABR. She won't be adored. It'll just be there.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 89 of 140 (140 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 01/21/2009
Offline
179 posts
 

Re: Cloud Strife as Next Reveal

Jul 20, 2012

This is all just my opinion, but it is backed by some strong evidence. There is no way Lightning is more iconic than Cloud. The guy has been the poster child for the franchise since 97 and his game was the second best selling game on Playstation, and the best selling FF to date. Many consider FFVII to be one of the best rpgs and games ever created, and FFXIII got mixed reviews. (I did like it but, nowhere near as good as the others imo). There's a reason why SE said themselves they don't want to remake FFVII until they feel they have created a game that surpasses FFVII. Even they feel it's their best work.I'm not sitting here saying "I like this character so he is obviously the best and more important blah blah blah". But you have to look past how you feel about Lightning and you can see that Cloud is the one most deserving of being in PSASBR. I mean, I don't necessarily even like Crash, but I know how important he was to the PS1 back in the day and so he definitely deserves a spot.

 

Lightning was also purposely created from Clouds image. The whole idea behind her creation was literally " Make a female Cloud". SE is trying to throw her into everything to try to somehow trick people into loving FFXIII and it's sequel (possibly sequals). If this was just some random cross over, I wouldn't be as adamant about Lighting not being in. But this is a Playstation cross over and Cloud has done more for the Playstation brand than Lighting could ever hope to acheive.

Message 90 of 140 (125 Views)