Oct 05 2012
By: D-Squad3 Fender Bender 2880 posts

Cloud, Snake etc. doesn't make sense for DLC

14 replies 341 views Edited Oct 5, 2012

Unless Square, Konami etc. get more money out of said character as being DLC because if they can get them as DLC, why wouldn't they have just gotten them in the initial roster? I'm most certain almost everyone including SuperBot and Sony know that Cloud or at least a Square Enix rep and Snake are at the top of the most wanted list.

It makes sense for new popular characters like Kat and possibly Dart to be DLC characters because Kat didn't get popular until this summer and Dart had a fanbase that SuperBot probably wasn't aware about until this game was announced.

Obviously there are many reasons why x character won't make it in, from either a business perspective or rights etc. but from just looking it through a DLC standpoint, at least to me it's a bit baffling.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (341 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Re: Cloud, Snake etc. doesn't make sense for DLC

Oct 5, 2012

yap

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1189 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Interesting point... I can see snake as DLC though, since we have Raiden

And that's the Gospel Truth Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 5, 2012
They'd make more money out of DLC. It depends on the contract though.
ハマり度MAX!!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Oct 5, 2012
Any character can be DLC. It's just a matter of where the DLC money goes.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Oct 5, 2012

VinylSolution wrote:
Any character can be DLC. It's just a matter of where the DLC money goes.

Exactly. Spyro as DLC would sell incredibly well whilst characters like Raiden not as much. It's down to popularity and cost at the end of the day

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my team's RPG, Legena : Union Tides

Have you seen the Red Sky? And the Green Lightning?

http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=13704.0
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Oct 5, 2012
If the characters are advertised well and given the hero's welcome like Snake was in Brawl, then there should be no problems.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 5, 2012
I can imagine Spyro and Crash selling really well as DLC, which may be a reason why Activision wouldn't let it in the launch line up. Sounds like them to want a cut of the DLC profits.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1466 posts

Oct 5, 2012

Actually, I can name you two reasons why Crash and Cloud could be DLC (although I don't believe anyone's gonna be DLC at this stage, but whatever, I'll play along): Activision and Square Enix

Activision are known for identikit Call of Duty games and for running Guitar Hero into the ground by pointlessly releasing new ones every few months. They also designed Skylanders, a game I disagree with on principle because you have to buy separate toys in order to play the **bleep** thing - it's the most expensive toy advert ever. So agreeing to put Crash into the game - but only at a cost! - doesn't seem too far out of the realm of possibility for them.

As for Square Enix, these days they'll put out any old crap and slap the words "Final Fantasy" on it, so saying Cloud can only be paid DLC makes sense on their end too.

Neither of these companies are known for being particularly fan-friendly these days, so demanding a heavily-requested character as DLC (with a large chunk of the profits, naturally) is sadly kinda likely.

As for Snake, Raiden's in, so Snake would be an added extra. Konami probably wanted Raiden to promote Rising, but Superbot wanted Snake, and they made an agreement that Snake would be an added extra. He may not cost as much, or may be free, since Konami seem a little more fan friendly (the Silent Hill series being an exception...)

That is, of course, assuming these characters aren't secret unlockables characters in-game, since Superbot have said they're not looking into DLC yet, so bear that in mind :smileytongue:

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Spike
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (228 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6371 posts

Oct 5, 2012
VinylSolution didn't you go on the other forum saying you aren't coming back?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (222 Views)
0 Likes