Survivor
2571 posts

Re: Clarifying Paul's case + Possible "Final 4" opinion.

Oct 28, 2012

miamiheatowns wrote:
When? In L.A. Beatdown? Because he also said that Paul is a fraud...

How do you know? Are you honestly going to believe two forumers who, I know one of them stated before LA that they dislike Paul, probably stretched the truth if Omar even said that. Honeslty, the internet is sometimes wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 41 of 89 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Oct 28, 2012

The thing is, when Superbot chose not to respond to Paul Gale's email, it was pretty much a lose / lose for them.

If they had have responded, Paul Gale would have been told to hush whether or not there was 24 characters. That would have fuelled speculation, some people would've thought there WAS 24 characters, others only 20. So the information would've existed in a sort of limbo, sort of confirmed to be true and sort of confirmed to be false, both being damaging to Superbot and the latter being damaging to hype. Neither side of the ensuing speculation would have been good for the game.

By not responding, PG was forced to leak the information. If it's true, then it's a leak, and it's hurt publicity for the game as well as Superbot's reputation, and if it's false (as Superbot apparently claims) then hype has been severely deflated, and a lot of people are disappointed.

And this, you see, is why leaks are bad. Paul Gale's source should have never said anything, OR, Paul Gale should have been responsible and not teased us with the information.

It's possible that Superbot's denial of the leak's veracity is an attempt to rekindle hype or to surprise us, but this seems unlikely, as it's at the price of people berating the companies who have apparently not contributed IPs.  How will this effect their relations with Superbot? Will Activision ever give them Crash now that the game's existence has had receive so much grief from the community? Superbot aren't going to pretend the characters are in the game just to protect other companies, and this would obviously lead to disappointment for fans anyway. I think they're telling the truth, and just taking responsibility for all of this. Plus their reasons for certain characters apparently not appearing are pretty convincing.

Maybe though, Superbot, Paul Gale and all the offending companies are in cahoots to create a ridiculously, absurdly convoluted hype campaign!!! (Definitely not.)

Message 42 of 89 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

Oct 28, 2012

JohnnygPrince wrote:
They probably took them out (not saying of they exist or not) took keep them from being leaked in the latest beta. It really makes sense and probably has been done before. Besides, they really want to surprise everyone (again not saying) by these characters.

"No characters where scrapped during this game"-Omar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 43 of 89 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Oct 28, 2012
My statement doesn't even point to them being scrapped. They'll probably be DLC.
Message 44 of 89 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Oct 28, 2012

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:

PG was told by his source that he was lied to. It was a scheme for superbot to get the inside guy out.

Making the 4 characters dlc cause of a leak is stupid imo. Not sure why they would do that.

Omar said this is it, only 20 characters. Don't expect more cause a guy that doesn't know anything shouldn't be a 100% fact. He has been told things not seen them himself. Even that poster, the source said "vive got a poster with all the characters on it" according to Paul gale and he has ot been shown it. Why? Probably cause the guy was lying. Ever since the beta leak there has not been anything substantial. We knew everything since then.

I think PG only did this to get himself more known. He had a few things going for himself during this whole thing that would have made an impact like his book. If we get that poster then everything PG has said has been true but until then my opinion will stay the same.

For some he has ruined his game.

Not true at all. Re-read his article. 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 45 of 89 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2571 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 28, 2012

JohnnygPrince wrote:
My statement doesn't even point to them being scrapped. They'll probably be DLC.

Sorry I mean, taken out=dropped sorry I screwed up in my part but he actually said dropped not scrapped.

Message 46 of 89 (144 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

COREYMCGUIRE1993 wrote:

PG was told by his source that he was lied to. It was a scheme for superbot to get the inside guy out.

Making the 4 characters dlc cause of a leak is stupid imo. Not sure why they would do that.

Omar said this is it, only 20 characters. Don't expect more cause a guy that doesn't know anything shouldn't be a 100% fact. He has been told things not seen them himself. Even that poster, the source said "vive got a poster with all the characters on it" according to Paul gale and he has ot been shown it. Why? Probably cause the guy was lying. Ever since the beta leak there has not been anything substantial. We knew everything since then.

I think PG only did this to get himself more known. He had a few things going for himself during this whole thing that would have made an impact like his book. If we get that poster then everything PG has said has been true but until then my opinion will stay the same.

For some he has ruined his game.

Not true at all. Re-read his article. 

"However, something interesting has been brewing in the past few weeks according to my rep and that’s the possibility of SuperBot Entertainment purposely giving various affiliated contacts, each, a separate batch of news about the game, character information, final number of playable characters, DLC facts, etc., for the sole purpose of finding out who is in communication with me".

thats PG quote from this http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/09/28/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-fans-we-need-to-talk-...

Message 47 of 89 (140 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 28, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Incorrect on the Activision part. Bobby Kotick, the current CEO of Activision, said he wants to milk the industry and then leave it as it collapses. He's only in it for the money. This has been saved on various recordings.

Considering he's the CEO, yes, Activision is comprised of greedy, selfish pricks. Like EA except EA is just silly.

this. he really did say this, but great thread thirty Smiley Happy

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 48 of 89 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 29, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

arrownoir wrote:
Paul Gale = Spineless weasel (oh and a Fraud)

If he has a source (which had been proven, by the way), why blame it on Paul.

Geez, far too many people on these boards aren't very logical.

he cant be a fraud >.> omar mispoke, he CANT be a fraud because omar said he did have information even if it was just the alpha stage. which doesnt make sense anyways. Omar said he came into the game back when it was a 4v4 capture the flag and a scrolling narrative adventure. BUT YET he says paul's source was there before him. If pauls source was, than itd be impossible for him to even know that this was a fighting game when paul leaked it. because it wouldve still been a capture the flag game or sidescrolling adventure. come on guys use your brain and put the clues that youve heard on here together. those two points alone dont add up.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 49 of 89 (116 Views)
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Oct 29, 2012
THROW THEM 3'S UP!
Message 50 of 89 (110 Views)
0 Likes