Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Re: Clarifying Paul's case + Possible "Final 4" opinion.

Oct 28, 2012
Hmmm, oh who to believe, Superbot and Sony, or...some guy on the internet with a "source", I think I'm gonna pick Superbot on this one.
Message 21 of 89 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Oct 28, 2012

hushM0UTH12 wrote:

So it's one of those "Don't kill the messenger" type situations? Paul wasn't wrong just his source?

Well, of course.

I don't see why people would blame it on Paul.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 22 of 89 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
712 posts

Oct 28, 2012

I think anyone with a brain or even any sign of intellect would know that Paul Gale isn't completely at fault here. Since the internet is basically set on a hive-mind mentality, what these forums and other forums have begun to do is shoot the messenger, in this case it would be PG. I'm not interested in what Paul Gale is saying, I'm interested in what his source is and what his source is telling him. PG is only as credible as his source, and as stated he has been right on many ocassions aside from the last and most important one. 

If people want any answers I'd suggest you people try and investigate his source, because that person is the root of the problem, not Paul Gale.

Message 23 of 89 (251 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

MarrowOchi wrote:

Call of Duty is released once every year with literally no additions except for a two hour story mode and dull multiplayer trophies with reskinned current weapons.

In Modern Warfare 3 they made an online pass cost nearly 50 bucks.

That would be a $100+ game that we've had twice so far.

Yeah.

They're greedy.

I don't think so. If I had a company that had a huge successful game, I'd do the same thing. All companies do this.

And the online pass comes with the game itself. You don't have to buy it separately.

And if you do buy it separately it goes for FIFTY BUCKS.

Not all companies do it solely for the money. Look at Ninja Theory. They're barely scraping by, and what they have given us is some of the most interesting games of this console generation. They only release minimal DLC which is usually entire campaign packages after the game is released.

They're not in it for the money, they're in it to provide an experience.

Message 24 of 89 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1670 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:
Activision is NOT greedy; I don't even know how this stupid rumor got started...

£20 map packs for CoD, the very basic concept of Skylanders (HEY KIDS TELL YOUR PARENTS TO BUY ALL THESE OVERPRICED TOYS AS WELL AS A £40 GAME!!!), releasing a new Guitar Hero every three months until they ran it into the ground, releasing that new James Bond game on the EU PSN for £60 when you can buy it boxed for £40...

I honestly have no idea why people think Activision are greedy...NO IDEA AT ALL

So you're basing all of that off of that^?

It's not just them that make the choice to release map packs and all of that for that price. Heck, if I created a game that big, I would do the same thing.

Plus, 007 Legends was just RECENTLY brought down to 40/50 bucks.

This doesn't mean they're greedy. Stop assuming, please. 

By your logic all companies are greedy

Explain why every other game with map packs manages to have them for less than £10 on PSN then. Because it's weird how only Activision games have map packs that cost as much as some games. By contrast, Uncharted's map packs, with extra trophies and such? About £5 last time I checked. Please explain this discrepancy, because the UC packs certainly tell me it ain't Sony setting those prices.

I make PS All-Stars History videos, yo!
Current vid: Franzea (stage)
Message 25 of 89 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Oct 28, 2012

gamerkid99 wrote:

I think anyone with a brain or even any sign of intellect would know that Paul Gale isn't completely at fault here. Since the internet is basically set on a hive-mind mentality, what these forums and other forums have begun to do is shoot the messenger, in this case it would be PG. I'm not interested in what Paul Gale is saying, I'm interested in what his source is and what his source is telling him. PG is only as credible as his source, and as stated he has been right on many ocassions aside from the last and most important one. 

If people want any answers I'd suggest you people try and investigate his source, because that person is the root of the problem, not Paul Gale.

Thank you. Glad someone here has common sense Smiley Happy

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 26 of 89 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
40 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Finally! Someone who makes sense around here. I've been lurking this forum for months. I usually come for the news, but this is one of the few posts/rants/thoughts/opinions that doesn't have the "I'm right and you're wrong message." I've been thinking about posting the same thing, yet I have not found the time. Good job. Really. I can't stand it how at the bit of slow news on the game everyone just loses hope and chalks it up as a failure.

Also, I've got to agree. Paul isn't a fraud and what Omar said doesn't sound like what he would say. He's a business man. He would say something along the lines of "Stay tuned to find out if Paul's right or wrong."

One more thing. The notion of the TWO question marks on the character select screen seems incredibly far fetched to me. Heck, out of all the select screens i've seen (disregarding ult. mvc3), there is only need for one or none random selects. I know that there aren't any unlockable characters in this game. It's actually a new thing with fighting games today. They have all the characters avialable from the start to get the tourney scene up and going.  

It's also weird how everyone forgets that there will be Day One DLC for launch. It may or may not be characters or stages, but who knows. All we know right now is that SuperBot is trying to cram everything they can into the disk and give us more when we get it (hopefully for free).

Too long didn't read version

-Just wait another 23 days for the final product and you'll be happy. They're playstation fans too with a lot of surprises and easter eggs we have no clue about. Also, this is a game for Playstation fans. Of course it'll sell well. I predict that atleast everyone with a Vita will pick up this game. What could be better than a portable 4 player brawler?

Message 27 of 89 (223 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1696 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Paul Gale = Spineless weasel (oh and a Fraud)
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 28 of 89 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Oct 28, 2012

JohnnygPrince wrote:

Finally! Someone who makes sense around here. I've been lurking this forum for months. I usually come for the news, but this is one of the few posts/rants/thoughts/opinions that doesn't have the "I'm right and you're wrong message." I've been thinking about posting the same thing, yet I have not found the time. Good job. Really. I can't stand it how at the bit of slow news on the game everyone just loses hope and chalks it up as a failure.

Also, I've got to agree. Paul isn't a fraud and what Omar said doesn't sound like what he would say. He's a business man. He would say something along the lines of "Stay tuned to find out if Paul's right or wrong."

One more thing. The notion of the TWO question marks on the character select screen seems incredibly far fetched to me. Heck, out of all the select screens i've seen (disregarding ult. mvc3), there is only need for one or none random selects. I know that there aren't any unlockable characters in this game. It's actually a new thing with fighting games today. They have all the characters avialable from the start to get the tourney scene up and going.  

It's also weird how everyone forgets that there will be Day One DLC for launch. It may or may not be characters or stages, but who knows. All we know right now is that SuperBot is trying to cram everything they can into the disk and give us more when we get it (hopefully for free).

Too long didn't read version

-Just wait another 23 days for the final product and you'll be happy. They're playstation fans too with a lot of surprises and easter eggs we have no clue about. Also, this is a game for Playstation fans. Of course it'll sell well. I predict that atleast everyone with a Vita will pick up this game. What could be better than a portable 4 player brawler?

Thanks man! :]

I'm glad there are still some mature and logical people on this board :]

Message 29 of 89 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Oct 28, 2012

arrownoir wrote:
Paul Gale = Spineless weasel (oh and a Fraud)

If he has a source (which had been proven, by the way), why blame it on Paul.

Geez, far too many people on these boards aren't very logical.

Message 30 of 89 (202 Views)
0 Likes