Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Re: Clarifying Paul's case + Possible "Final 4" opinion.

Oct 28, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Incorrect on the Activision part. Bobby Kotick, the current CEO of Activision, said he wants to milk the industry and then leave it as it collapses. He's only in it for the money. This has been saved on various recordings.

Considering he's the CEO, yes, Activision is comprised of greedy, selfish pricks. Like EA except EA is just silly.

Well, I mean, every company is in it for the money. I just think people are over-exaggerating their 'greediness'

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 11 of 89 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Ok, this is getting out of hand. There are only 20 characters in the game. Stop trying to find ways to say that there aren't. JUST ACCEPT THE FACT.
Photobucket

http://www.youtube.com/kinghuevos
Message 12 of 89 (324 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Bobthepetferret wrote:

Thirty3Three wrote:
Activision is NOT greedy; I don't even know how this stupid rumor got started...

£20 map packs for CoD, the very basic concept of Skylanders (HEY KIDS TELL YOUR PARENTS TO BUY ALL THESE OVERPRICED TOYS AS WELL AS A £40 GAME!!!), releasing a new Guitar Hero every three months until they ran it into the ground, releasing that new James Bond game on the EU PSN for £60 when you can buy it boxed for £40...

I honestly have no idea why people think Activision are greedy...NO IDEA AT ALL

So you're basing all of that off of that^?

It's not just them that make the choice to release map packs and all of that for that price. Heck, if I created a game that big, I would do the same thing.

Plus, 007 Legends was just RECENTLY brought down to 40/50 bucks.

This doesn't mean they're greedy. Stop assuming, please. 

By your logic all companies are greedy

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 13 of 89 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 28, 2012

KingHuevos wrote:
Ok, this is getting out of hand. There are only 20 characters in the game. Stop trying to find ways to say that there aren't. JUST ACCEPT THE FACT.

This.

If there is DLC, ever, its probably just going to be one or two characters, and I really, honestly hope its not Crash or Cloud.

Message 14 of 89 (314 Views)
Wastelander
561 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Wah? No soyro photoshop pic? Thirty you are losing your trollish edge

Message 15 of 89 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 28, 2012
Considering you can't even play the full game of Skylanders without buying the right toys (you get locked out of areas until you break it with a specific Skylander), it's safe to assume Activision just wants to swim in our wallets.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 16 of 89 (306 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Oct 28, 2012

KingHuevos wrote:

Re-read my first post and then go back and take the rude tone out of this post. Thanks. 

I'm not trying to 'find ways', things honestly don't add up.

Message 17 of 89 (303 Views)
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Oct 28, 2012

Call of Duty is released once every year with literally no additions except for a two hour story mode and dull multiplayer trophies with reskinned current weapons.

In Modern Warfare 3 they made an online pass cost nearly 50 bucks.

That would be a $100+ game that we've had twice so far.

Yeah.

They're greedy.

Message 18 of 89 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Oct 28, 2012

So it's one of those "Don't kill the messenger" type situations? Paul wasn't wrong just his source?

"I'm the bad guy......I'm fine with that."
Message 19 of 89 (296 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Oct 28, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Call of Duty is released once every year with literally no additions except for a two hour story mode and dull multiplayer trophies with reskinned current weapons.

In Modern Warfare 3 they made an online pass cost nearly 50 bucks.

That would be a $100+ game that we've had twice so far.

Yeah.

They're greedy.

I don't think so. If I had a company that had a huge successful game, I'd do the same thing. All companies do this.

And the online pass comes with the game itself. You don't have to buy it separately.

Message 20 of 89 (291 Views)
0 Likes