Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
478 posts

Re: Clarifying Overpowered

Nov 12, 2012

exactly, a few thousand people (if that) learning the game for the first time cant show who is overpowered
also, some players may be overpowers in a 1v1 while others in 1v1v1v1

some may be overpowered in stock, others in timed

and lastly, some may be overpowered for begginners, and others for the elite tournament players

you cant say what yet....

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 30 (99 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12083 posts

Nov 12, 2012

Oh and the every age argument is unfounded. Rated T means teens+. If they were 8 year olds, sure, they may need handicaps against a 40 year old basement dweller. That is not the case. I see 11 years kick butt at shooters all the time. Why? Because they played and got better.

And also witht he Halo comparison- It would be more similar to them lessening the damage the winning team's bullets do. And that is unacceptable on any competitive ground

Welcoming Committee Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 30 (97 Views)
PlayStation MVP
12083 posts

Nov 12, 2012

TweetyPurd wrote:

exactly, a few thousand people (if that) learning the game for the first time cant show who is overpowered
also, some players may be overpowers in a 1v1 while others in 1v1v1v1

some may be overpowered in stock, others in timed

and lastly, some may be overpowered for begginners, and others for the elite tournament players

you cant say what yet....

I forgot to mention that also. No matter what fighting game you play, they cannot fix every major advantage. Some will be better at 1v1v1v1 than 1v1 like you said.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 30 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 12, 2012
Ok ok calm down am just thinking of the bigger picture then just winning it would make comp alot better as you'd be nearer and would prevent a hell of alot of rage quits
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 30 (93 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12083 posts

Nov 12, 2012

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
Ok ok calm down am just thinking of the bigger picture then just winning it would make comp alot better as you'd be nearer and would prevent a hell of alot of rage quits

I am not angered or wound up in the slightest. Competition is more important than accessibility. Sure, some accessibility is needed for newcomers to actually play it, but making it like Mario Kart Wii where the best player will lose because of unfair advantages is more rage-inducing. Imagine you are beating a guy by 8 points. You then miss your level 2. Your are winning so your AP is gaining really slowly. This guy begins using his level 3 and gets 3 kills. Now you are losing by 1 point. You try to get your level 1 off, and you get 1 kill. He has his level 2 at this point.. He uses it and gets 1-2 kills. This scenario would anger me to no end.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 30 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 12, 2012
That's 1 example but tbh its just first thoughts mate am not bothered or owt. And its majorly because the game comes out on the 23rd so US already got a 3 day advantage straight away, not to top beta plays. Now I only think for life expectency for this game

Ps on my phone in a rush, big spelling mistakes
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 30 (85 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12083 posts

Nov 12, 2012

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
That's 1 example but tbh its just first thoughts mate am not bothered or owt. And its majorly because the game comes out on the 23rd so US already got a 3 day advantage straight away, not to top beta plays. Now I only think for life expectency for this game

Ps on my phone in a rush, big spelling mistakes

They have an offline component. That is where most people go first anyway. 3 days means nothing when there is a full arcade mode, training mode, etc.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 30 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 12, 2012
You see I don't look into that much in depth.... I am sorry, I don't mean to sound aggresive
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 30 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
12083 posts

Nov 12, 2012

RikkiRossTheBoss wrote:
You see I don't look into that much in depth.... I am sorry, I don't mean to sound aggresive

It is all good! The forums are here to have discussions. No one said we all have to agree! I am bored and my insomnia is kicking my butt, so a good discussion is always helpful. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 30 (74 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Nov 12, 2012

People will probably complain about Raiden in 1v1, yet he's at a slight disadvantage in FFA.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 30 (71 Views)
0 Likes