Fender Bender
2718 posts

Re: ChronoCactaur's Roster Analysis

Oct 8, 2012
The game spike's based on didnt even come out outside of japan yet you still consider him an all star..
what exactly are your conditions to be an all-star?
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 21 of 72 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

Chrono-Cactaur wrote:

Why is Nathan Drake considered an All-Star? Like I said, his games aren't anything special. It's Indiana Jones in interactive movie form. Whoop-dee-**bleep** doo. I don't think he is an All-Star, especially compared to the likes of the Big 3, Crash, Spyro, Spike, etc

I thought my reasoning for Cole was reasonable. The character is terrible, but the gameplay is interesting.

I didnt like God of War, but Kratos he deserves to be an all star. Hes the image of PS2, and a lot of people likes him.

I guess you didnt like Uncharted Smiley Tongue

Message 22 of 72 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Smasher_Wolf wrote:

Chrono-Cactaur wrote:

Why is Nathan Drake considered an All-Star? Like I said, his games aren't anything special. It's Indiana Jones in interactive movie form. Whoop-dee-**bleep** doo. I don't think he is an All-Star, especially compared to the likes of the Big 3, Crash, Spyro, Spike, etc

I thought my reasoning for Cole was reasonable. The character is terrible, but the gameplay is interesting.

I didnt like God of War, but Kratos he deserves to be an all star. Hes the image of PS2, and a lot of people likes him.

I guess you didnt like Uncharted Smiley Tongue

No wonder his All-Star listings were so off and bad, he's basing them on his likes and dislikes. I hate Kratos with a passion but he's definitely a part of Playstation. I started questioning him after I saw Cole, Radec, and Drake. Seriously you can't base the character if their an all-star or not by preferences.

Here's what you base an all-star on

1) What did they do for Sony?

2) What impact did they have on gaming in general in the PS community?

3) Are they even memorable?

If you can answer any of these questions with that character then they are an all-star to me. I can answer all these questions about Drake.

Message 23 of 72 (155 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Drake is a all stars because he is an amzing character with a great series...and is considered by some people to be a Ps3 mascot of sorts.
 photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 24 of 72 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

Oct 8, 2012
Chrono pretty much picked characters based on how much he likes them. You're saying Nate is just Indiana jones yet you say Lara Croft is an all star. You sir, are literally a dumb **bleep**.
Message 25 of 72 (152 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Oct 8, 2012

aggieceltic12 wrote:
Chrono pretty much picked characters based on how much he likes them. You're saying Nate is just Indiana jones yet you say Lara Croft is an all star. You sir, are literally a dumb **bleep**.

At least Lara is female, so it would have been easier to forgive.

Message 26 of 72 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 8, 2012
but then she'd only be in for being a female.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 27 of 72 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Oct 8, 2012
You seriously don't think Drake is an all star? Uncharted is literally the best franchise for ps3.
Wow.... Just wow.
And Toro? He is the MASCOT of PlayStation in Japan. Many Japanese people will buy the game just for him. So yeah he's probably the second most yes of your list, under Drake.
Also, infamous is really fun and one of the best games on ps3. So a definite yes.

Message 28 of 72 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
804 posts

Oct 8, 2012

stargateheaven wrote:
but then she'd only be in for being a female.

This. If all the great PlayStation characters were male, let them be male.

Abe for All-Stars!!!
Message 29 of 72 (120 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 8, 2012

Even if it is sort of odd, this is probably one of your most friendly threads yet Chrono, you should feel proud. 

Kudos.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 72 (118 Views)
0 Likes