Highlighted
Wastelander
842 posts

Re: Chimera wasn't even a rumor...

Oct 11, 2012
After seeing MarrowOchi's post, I don't really want the Chimera Hybrid anymore. I never played the game, so I figured it would only be similar to the current characters in that it uses a gun. I'd rather have some Chimera that has special powers unique to it (Again, I haven't played any of the games). So, until that can be done, I choose no for the Hybrid for now.
Message 21 of 70 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 11, 2012
As much as I agree about the Hybrid not changing up the dynamic, and therefore being too much of a clone - I'd really have love to have seen the Jetpack Hybrid making the cut. Playing around with its flying mechanics to a certain extent would have made for a fun deviation from the normal play styles by increasing its speed and jump distance and making it more of a damage and escape kind of character.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 22 of 70 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

Astroking112 wrote:
After seeing MarrowOchi's post, I don't really want the Chimera Hybrid anymore. I never played the game, so I figured it would only be similar to the current characters in that it uses a gun. I'd rather have some Chimera that has special powers unique to it (Again, I haven't played any of the games). So, until that can be done, I choose no for the Hybrid for now.

there are all sorts of chimeras they are creatures that use futuristic armament or powerfull melee depending on the cast the hybrid can do abit of everything from wepons to melee moves t could even call other casts to help like fat princess and spike do on their moves so he would be a preety versatile char

Message 23 of 70 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 11, 2012

Or we could have nathan hale the protagonist being a psychic/gun char

Message 24 of 70 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Oct 11, 2012

That's the thing there several types, they can even include the big ones on the supers xD like the kraken or the even bigger ones

Message 25 of 70 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 11, 2012
Completely forgot about that ! Chimera Hale would've been the perfect rep.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 26 of 70 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Oct 11, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

Drake isn't a soldier. He's an explorer.

Also Drake doesn't have a super where he takes off his hair and beats the snot out of someone with it because yes his hair is just that solid. So Chimera > Drake regardless.

Here's the problem we're facing. Chimera is part of Resistence. Yes, Resistence is a well known franchise. Now lets take the most memorable character design from it; namely, the Hybrid. Now, Hybrid (I've played it, I've done my research), don't actually attack except with guns. Guns, I might add, are another big focus of several other characters, namely RADEC, and arguably Jak and Daxter. When I say 'heavy', I mean it'd be pretty darn similar to RADEC in terms of playstyle.

Why is this bad? Well, in terms of a fighting game, using a similar character archetype is known as a 'clone'. Right now there are no clones in the game, in terms of gameplay; no not even Cole and Evil Cole, as they are two completely separate playstyles.

Lets take this into perspective. Lets say, Ryu, Ken, and Akuma. Ryu has a Hadoken, a Shoryuken, and a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku. Ken has a Hadoken, a Shoryuken, and a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku. Akuma has a Hadoken, a Shoryuken, and a Tatsumaki Senpukyaku. Where they differ is Ryu has a flaming Hadoken, Ken has a flaming Shoryuken, and Akuma can link Tatsumaki Senpukyaku into a Shoryuken and can do Hadoken in the air. They differ, but they're far too similar to be considered entirely different characters.

This is where it'd be difficult to distinguish between RADEC and Hybrid. RADEC is a zoning character who uses traps and guns as his main focus. But, since as before stated Hybrid is also a heavy gun/grenade user, he'd be very alike. We're then faced with the problem of two very similar characters acting identically. So far no other character in the game has had that, and I believe they're going for a 100% diverse roster.

But still they are very different. In resitance every gun had alt fire which was some special ability which sets it completly different from Radec

IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 27 of 70 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Oct 11, 2012
I know since resistance was the first ps3 game i played i was upset they didnt have plans for a character wouldve liked to see joseph capelli
Message 28 of 70 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 11, 2012

Also the fact that Radac has the ranged/gun character covered pretty **bleep** well. While they could have added chimera initially, I dont really know what all they could have added gameplay wise that Radac doesnt already do.

Message 29 of 70 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Oct 11, 2012

It's a combination of Insomniac being done with Resistance, and a Chimera probably not being a particularly interesting character to play.

I'm trying to think of how a Chimera would play... I suppose it'd have a bullseye, which would function much like it does in the actual games... and could make bullsye traps, but I dunno. Hedgehog grenades I guess, and maybe a melee attack. Meh.

Message 30 of 70 (91 Views)
0 Likes