Nov 23 2012
By: Augustus_04 I Only Post Everything 928 posts

Chimera planned as character?

39 replies 577 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

Do you guys think the Chimera from Resistance was planned to be a character, but Superbot dropped him? I mean, there are two Resistance stages, some items and Resistance is the only game without a character with avatars and these things for the profile..

Do you think they dropped him, cause there were too many gun characters? Or other reason?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 40 (577 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
367 posts

Re: Chimera planned as character?

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

I can't imagine them dropping Chimera because of "too many gun characters"

He would play nothing like the gun characters. The weapons from Resistance are just as quirky as Team Fortress and Ratchet & Clank. And the Chimera itself is a very actrobatic character.

Most likely, they had a deadline they had to meet. and the characters they couldn't finish on time were planned as DLC.

Message 2 of 40 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Maybe because they have killzone rep? They are kinda like partners for Sony
Message 3 of 40 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Nov 23, 2012
If they were going to be a character at any point, the Beta files would've told us so.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 4 of 40 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 23, 2012
not really divine, was emmet or Kat? They didn't have enough time to put them in
Message 5 of 40 (498 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I hope he will come as dlc i will download him .

Message 6 of 40 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Those things are just there cause Resistance is a very well known n good series for playstaion n they had to ha e some way of representing it without a charcter, as I feel the chimera would play to much like jak
Message 7 of 40 (484 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2454 posts

Nov 23, 2012
Abe and chimera should and would be perfect rivals
Message 8 of 40 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Nov 23, 2012

I would love a chimera to be be in the game as a character more than nathan hale because just like with Killzone, the helghast are the face of that series which is why they used radec. So chimera are the face of resistance and I hope one gets in the game.

Message 9 of 40 (467 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1182 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 23, 2012

They'll never have just a standard, generic Chimera as a character just like they wont have a standard Helghast soldier or any other type of random foot soldier from a game. The only exception is Big Daddy and thats clearly due to a deal with Irrational Games and the fact Big Daddies are the most memorable things from Bioshock.

Now someone is probably going to pretend that the Chimera are the most memorable thing about Resistance, the only thing i can say to that is stop lying to yourself. Chimera were weak things you killed in droves, in Bioshock, a Big Daddy fight was like a boss fight, something you wanted to avoid in till you were ready. So no, they arent comparable.

The way i could see it working is if they had Daedalus in Hales body as a character. Whilst his square could be physical attacks and his triangle psychic attacks, his circle -much like Fat Princess- could call in Chimera soldiers who use the guns from the series.

Message 10 of 40 (464 Views)
0 Likes