Highlighted
Aug 20 2012
By: Godlike_Shanker I Only Post Everything 832 posts

Chell: Complete Moveset

[ Edited ]
22 replies 991 views Edited Aug 20, 2012

Thread title says it all, complete moveset for Chell from Portal. I may do the same for other characters like Lara Croft, Rayman and Wander if I have the time. Hope you guys like it, there are many more possibilities for Chell such as sending opponents to the Moon with a portal, I just didn't want another instakill level 3 super.

Character: Chell

Series: Portal

Company: Valve Corporation

Default and alternate costumes

Moves

Weighted Companion Cube (air and ground): Chell uses a Companion Cube to hit opponents (using the Portal Gun to wield it as a weapon). Can hit up to 3 times and the last hit will send opponents flying away. Small AP return on the first 2 hits, medium AP return on the last hit.

+

Portal Gun (air and ground): Chell opens up a portal at the target location. You can have up to 2 portals open at the same time and if only 1 is present on the stage, it won't have any effect. The portal mechanics are exactly the same as in the Portal series, whatever goes through one portal will come out in the other. This includes moves of any kind as well as items and supers (the only thing that would be ignored here are stage hazards for logistics purposes).

Sentry Turret (air and ground): Chell summons a Sentry Turret. Sentries are armed with dual machine guns as well as laser targeting for better accuracy. Lasts for 4 seconds unless destroyed. Can be destroyed with 2 hits from any move (does not stop supers). Small but constant AP return.

+

Bomb (air and ground): Chell launches a bomb that explodes upon impact. Explosive radius and launch distance are both medium. Large AP return.

+

Thermal Discouragement Beam (ground): Chell summons a beam emitter. It will always aim upwards. For gameplay purposes, it will have a limited range. Lasts for 4 seconds. Stuns opponents for a brief period of time. Small AP return.

+

Laser Field (air): Chell uses a horizontal laser field as an upward attack. Sends opponents flying away if they're hit. Medium AP return.

+

Weighted Pivot Cube (ground): Chell uses a Pivot Cube to hit opponents (using the Portal Gun to wield it as a weapon). Only hits once in a downward smash. Afterwards, the Pivot Cube will remain on the stage for 4 seconds and can be used (by picking it up with the Portal Gun) to redirect beam emitters so that it hits opponents on the ground. Medium AP return.

+

Crusher (air): Chell stands atop a crusher and smashes the ground below with it. High AP return.

High Energy Pellet Launcher (air and ground): Chell summons a device that periodically launches energy pellets horizontally. Knocks opponents down upon hitting them. Medium AP return.

+

Excursion Funnel (ground): Chell summons an Excursion Funnel Emitter. It will always aim upwards. For gameplay purposes, it will have a limited range. Massively slows opponents down while moving them along the funnel. Lasts for 4 seconds.

+

Propulsion Gel Slide (ground): Chell coats her boots/feet with propulsion gel and goes for a slide. Afterwards, she experiences a speed boost for 4 seconds (the ground she slid on will also give the speed boost to other players). Knocks opponents down upon hitting them. Small AP return.

+

Panel Platforms covered with Conversion Gel (air): Chell summons a panel that acts as a platform. It will be placed horizontally (atop her) if aimed upwards and vertically if aimed to the right or left. Can have up to 2 panels at the same time in a match. No time limit but can be destroyed with 2 hits from any move. Acts as any other platform (blocking supers that are blocked by platforms). It takes 2 seconds to summon a panel (for gameplay purposes so people won't use it to block supers). Portals can be placed on the panels.

+

Incinerator (ground): Chell briefly summons an incinerator. Burns opponents up to 3 times. Lasts for 2 seconds. Small AP return.

+

Repulsion Gel Glob (air): Chell sends a glob of repulsion gel downward. Platforms covered with repulsion gel will have a mandatory jumping effect on all players. Opponents drenched with repulsion gel are sent flying away (no AP return). Lasts for 4 seconds.

Hold

Portal Gun Field Manipulator (air and ground): Chell can grab and move any of her summons this way.

Supers

Level 1 – Rocket Sentry: Chell summons a Rocket Sentry that fires a single rocket in a horizontal direction (medium speed). The rocket will explode upon contact with an opponent, wall or platform. The rocket can be redirected with portals. Average kill count per use: 1.

Level 2 – Animal King: Chell summons the Animal King Turret. The Animal King is armed with dual machine guns as well as laser targeting for better accuracy. The Animal King has a slow turning speed so it is crucial that Chell use portals in order to make it easier for the Animal King to kill opponents. Lasts for 5 seconds. Average kill count per use: 3.

Level 3 – Moon Portal: This is an instant kill level 3 super. The cinematics would consist of Chell aiming upwards at the night sky and then opening a portal in the Moon. After that, Chell opens a portal on the ground. A powerful vacuum is created, slowly dragging Chell's opponents towards the portal on the ground while they hopelessly try to hang onto anything in sight. Finally, they all give in and are sent flying into the depths of space.

OR

Level 3 – Wheatley & GLaDOS: Chell attaches GLaDOS, as a potato battery, to her portal gun while Wheatley, with full control of the Central Core, comes after both of them. Wheatley uses robotic arms to try and grab Chell but she dodges all attempts. Nearby opponents are killed instead. Chell can make use of portals and the propulsion slide to close the gap from running opponents. Lasts for 8 seconds. Average kill count per use: 5.

Overview: Chell has enough weapons to be a melee brawler or a ranged fighter, it all depends on the player's preferred style of play. Sentries, pellets and bombs are great for when opponents are far away or closing in. The funnel incapacitates opponents nearby for a quick cube combo. Portals can be used both offensively and defensively and can lead to some hilarious results when using them to get kills. Platforms are there to help Chell make use of portals. Most importantly, portals are crucial for Chell to get kills. The rocket does not travel very fast so a well placed portal can help nab that level 1 kill (either by redirecting the rocket or an opponent). The Animal King turns very slowly so smart opponents would always try to get behind it. Using portals would help the Animal King pack multiple kills. Wheatley's robotic arms have a small kill radius (always close to Chell) so portals would help Chell get from one opponent to the next in a hurry.

Message 1 of 23 (991 Views)
Lombax Warrior
260 posts

Re: Chell: Complete Moveset

Aug 20, 2012
when did they show here in the game! please link a video please please!!! this is amazing! i love portal!

svsvsv   test

svsvsv   test

Message 2 of 23 (984 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
647 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 20, 2012

Amazing, just great kudos to you, the only thing you have to change is her supers, her lvl 3 would no doubt be her shooting the moon sucking everyone in.

http://playstationallstarsbattleroyale.weebly.com/

The Official Best Place To Get All Info On PASBR!
260 posts

Aug 20, 2012
where is the gameplay of this? did they show the stage too?

svsvsv   test

svsvsv   test

Message 4 of 23 (970 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Aug 20, 2012

FaulkinPawnch wrote:
when did they show here in the game! please link a video please please!!! this is amazing! i love portal!

This was just a moveset I made envisioning Chell, sorry if I misled you lol

Many people here have posted great movesets as well, such as for Lightning, Nathan Hale, Dart, Sora, etc.

Message 5 of 23 (963 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
615 posts

Aug 20, 2012

FaulkinPawnch wrote:
where is the gameplay of this? did they show the stage too?

It's a thing somebody made up.

Message 6 of 23 (959 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
260 posts

Aug 20, 2012
oh its another joke ok haha good one guys. i am sitll learning Smiley Happy

svsvsv   test

svsvsv   test

Message 7 of 23 (950 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Amazing. :-) She's been my most requested third party for a long time...and this is pretty much how I envisioned her fighting. But, like deathbunny said...I don't think they'd put her in the game without giving her the moon super. I'm glad you thought up a different level 3...it's cool to see some new ideas...but I don't think superbot would ignore such an iconic moment. I agree that it'd be cool to see a super that isn't one that wipes the whole screen, though. :-/

Photobucket
Message 8 of 23 (947 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Aug 20, 2012
This is easily the best moveset I've seen for any character! Great job! However I agree with deathbunny

Message 9 of 23 (943 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
615 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Also, really awesome moveset. Makes me think Chell could ACTUALLY be in the game.

Message 10 of 23 (935 Views)
0 Likes