Highlighted
Jul 22 2012
By: Negimafan Gaming Beast 1823 posts

Characters you want (for gameplay reasons)

[ Edited ]
44 replies 928 views Edited Jul 27, 2012

So I'm not asking that you have to have played their game or even like the character. Basically, who would be someone you want in PSASBR mainly because they'd bring a unique, fun, novel or interesting experience with their play-style?

I'll start by saying Specter from Ape Escape would be incredible, based on a rough idea I put together. I'm going to copy this over from another thread:

Spoiler

Why he'd be cool: He could represent all the Pipo Apes, much like how Radec represents the Helghast.

Powers: Mental blasts, telekinesis, moves in a floating chair that comes with several gadgets and has access to giant robots.

I had a pretty good idea on how he'd play: he'd be kind of like the anti-Olimar. Imagine him summoning Pipo Apes for all his Circle button attacks, except once he's finished with them, they wander around the stage aimlessly, randomly messing with the scenery or occasionally picking up items and using them without a rhyme or reason. They'd frequently fall into stage hazards or find ways to annoy the other fighters.

Once summoned, if he's near one Specter could call upon the a Pipo Ape again for certain attacks, but there'd be a degree of strategy in trying to execute the move nearby as large a crowd of them as possible in order to maximize their impact. Therefore summoning as many of them as is tactically viable at the time would be key (there'd be a limit on how many you could summon once though, so losing them in battle would be poor planning on your part). In a way, he'd be excellent at space-control, but he'd be limited by the Apes being so unpredictable.

I think this would best capture the essence of the series in fighting game terms.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 1 of 45 (928 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
528 posts

Re: Characters you want (for gameplay reasons)

Jul 22, 2012

I'd love to see Kat from Gravity Rush/Daze in the game because she can be unique.  Probably more air-based and she'd be able to shift gravity around and such.  She seems like someone that would fit in perfectly.

http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
Message 2 of 45 (913 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
928 posts

Jul 22, 2012

A Motor Toon Grand Prix car. It would be amazing to fight with a car. He could be very fast.. and attack with the doors..

And the Kula ball, the attacks would be simple, just jump attack, but with different styles.. and maybe a load attack like Pikachu, Pichu and Luigi in Smach Bros.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 45 (905 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
546 posts

Jul 22, 2012

Although every eccentric fanboy posts this every five seconds, I think Sora from Kingdom Hearts would be great gameplay-wise.  He has hundreds of attacks, plenty of costume choices, dozens of magic abilities involving much, much more than just the basic elements (water, earth, fire, air).  He has tons of possibiites for supers, like his forms (preferably final form, he looks like the Avatar when he's levitating the blades around him), and support members like Goofy and Donald.  Maybe they could do a trinity move.  Not to mention the versatility of the keyblade.  It has so many forms it would be hard to choose.

Why did the chicken cross the road?
We're both lawyers.
Message 4 of 45 (892 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
832 posts

Jul 22, 2012
  • Chell: Would probably have one of the most unique movesets of any character with the portal gun, Atlas and P-Body and maybe GLaDOS somewhere. And please, don't use the "not enough attacks" excuse. They made PaRappa and Fat Princess into fighters, they can easily make Chell into one as well.
  • The Prince of Persia: Rewinding time, slowing opponents down, and the rest of the sands gameplay would add a unique element to the game.

There are more but those 2 come to mind right now.

Message 5 of 45 (873 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Jul 22, 2012

Sir Daniel.

So much weapons.

So much possibilites.

I sell propane and propane accessories, I tell you h'what.
Message 6 of 45 (855 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 22, 2012

In regards to a unique fighting style I'd say:

Kos-mos

Sir Daniel

Dante

Kate

Spyro

Crash

Basically an android, a skeleton, a slayer of sorts, a gravity girl, a dragon, a crazy spinning ball of fun

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 7 of 45 (846 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1226 posts

Jul 22, 2012
I'd have to go with Kat too. Also Sackboy could be interesting.
Message 8 of 45 (845 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 22, 2012

At this point pretty much anyone except James Bond or Ghost from COD would be unique. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 9 of 45 (841 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jul 22, 2012

I kind of think Monica Raybrandt from Dark Cloud 2 could be quite versatile. She uses her sword, magic and has access to a bunch of Monster badges which let her transform into a variety of monsters.

That or they could follow the Ice Climbers theory and have her fight alongside Max. Either is probably fine.

Of course, Dante's list of moves make him perfect for this game. I'd hope SuperBot goes for his DMC1 appearance and weapons.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 10 of 45 (814 Views)
0 Likes