Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 26 2012
By: BlueDiamond93 Treasure Hunter 6905 posts

Characters who needs to be downgraded.

59 replies 431 views Edited Oct 26, 2012

My thoughts on Characters who need to be downgraded before the full game launches.

*Sly Cooper- Sly cooper is a good character overall, but he has some moves that people take advantage of and spam so it makes it almost impossible to fight him or defeat him with supers. First let me discuss his unfair invisibility. Any game especially PSASBR where a character has an *UNLIMITED* power type with no end duration is already considered as unbalanced. The problem with Sly Invis move is theirs nothing balanced about it, its a completely cheap move that he can use whether he's an sneaky character or not. Not only is his invisibility ability basically unseable, but it has no end duration or time interval inbetween uses. It can be used every second, it last as long as you have your hand on the button(until you get hit), and even when he gets hit while invisible it may deactivate, but only for a second. Some ppl have fought as Sly in Invisible mode the whole match and its annoying, cheap, unfair, and unbalance.

The way to make this move fair and balance would be for it to have a end duration to it, like it can only be used for 10secs or the more you use it the shorter the end duration gets. Something in that nature of having some sort of end duration. Also it needs some type of cancellation where you shouldn't be able to use it every second. There needs to be a waiting period for each time you go in and out of it to use that way it can't be used every sec.

2nd cheap move is his decoy. This is just as cheap and unbalanced as the Invisibility move he uses. This move can constantly be used with no faults. It has no time lag interval inbetween uses. The move can be used constantly over and over no matter how opponent times it, its literally unstoppable when attacking him. I played matches where Sly users just spam that move and theirs nothing you can do about it. Projectiles and physical attacks dont do anything. Both moves Sly can decoy and appear behind you stunning you everytime. Theres 2 ways this move can be balanced out. Ether their needs to be some sort of waiting period in between each use or the decoy should only work for Projectiles or Physical moves- one or the other. An example is Kratos has some deflect projectiles move, however his has a waiting period inbetween each use.

*Kratos- His Square move that chain grab. It can grab you in instant and it can be used over and over when you get knocked back(off walls)and from a pretty far range and can be used in any direction. His movement speed along with his constant chain grabs is not balanced. Ive seen great Radec players get rapped from his constant fast combos and etc. When slow characters try to run away or counter attack its pretty much impossible with Kratos constant grabs and chain moves. Kratos overall moveset makes it super hard for a slow character to have a chance at fighting back.

It doesn't matter how good of a player you are. With cheap moves like those the greatest players will even have issues fighting or winning.

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 60 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Re: Characters who needs to be downgraded.

Oct 26, 2012
I've never had a problem with Sly - I think Radecs sniper range & kickback should be reduced and Kratos' chain shouldn't be automatic & reduce his AP gain.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 60 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6905 posts

Oct 26, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I've never had a problem with Sly - I think Radecs sniper range & kickback should be reduced and Kratos' chain shouldn't be automatic & reduce his AP gain.

Well then I guess you never came across those type of players... once you do you'll find out. And its not just about the player with the char. Its about the char and that move he has.

Only time will tell.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 60 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Oct 26, 2012

sly isnt cheap hes actually pretty rounded out, now kratos and raddec on the other hand have soe cheap tactics

[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 60 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Oct 26, 2012

I've always wondered how Sly's invisibility would pan out.  I think he shouldn't be able to do any attacks while invisible.  Or supers for that matter.  It should be used defensively, not offensively.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 60 (408 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 26, 2012

No one needs to be downgraded until the full game comes out.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 60 (407 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6905 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Its like you people arent reading. Read before you comment.

Only time will tell.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 60 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I agree.  Don't tamper with anything until a lot of data is present.  Otherwise, premature changes could lead to dreadful results.  let's just see how it all pans out for a few months.  Then Superbot can make changes accordingly as their telemetry system dictates.  Simple.  Objective.  Fair.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 60 (389 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 26, 2012
It's pretty easy to spot an invisible Sly as they leave a cloud of ash in their footsteps - it's pretty easy to lay waste on him, and his AP gain isn't too fast either so they have to do a fair bit of offensive work, which means exposing themselves to make any progress.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 60 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 26, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Its like you people arent reading. Read before you comment.

I know what people's problems are with the BETA but what seems broken in the BETA could be balanced in the full game.  If SuperBot is smart they would also hold out until the full game is released and make no changes until everyone can get a taste of the full roster.  Only then can us as the player can tell them what's wrong after we have played the full game and not just a BETA with only 6 characters when there's 20 in the full game.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 60 (374 Views)
0 Likes