Sep 29 2012
By: arrownoir Uncharted Territory 1693 posts

Characters that should not have been

[ Edited ]
12 replies 210 views Edited Sep 29, 2012

Now that we know who all the combatants are

which character inclusions were unecessary on such a tight roster (just because it's 20, otherwise cool to have 'em)

2 Coles (Evil cole should've been sequel or DLC) would've preffered a Kat instead

Fat Princess (really what the **bleep**)  Instead of the tomb raider

Emo Dante instead of regular Dante (Capcom's fault) no one likes that version over the old one

Raiden instead of Snake (again Kojima's fault) If you're gonna have 1 MG representative, it goes w/o saying

I'm cool with the rest (maybe a little shaky on big daddy, but it's fine)

I'm really happy Nariko made it though

My pre-order stands and won't be changed, there's always room for expansion/improvements

I'm just glad they kept the roster small and really made the characters unique as opposed to throw in a bunch of broken, uninspired, unpolished (fighting wise), repetitive, half-assed characters

I'm sure if they could they would've added more, but it takes work. So, just be grateful...I know I am

"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 1 of 13 (210 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Characters that should not have been

Sep 29, 2012
I could argue the Coles and FP, but you're not randomly bashing them for no reason, so there's no point to do so. Kudos to your last sentence.

inb4 "we're paying so they should be grateful and should've made it better."
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 2 of 13 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Sep 29, 2012

arrownoir wrote:

Now that we know who all the combatants are

which character inclusions were unecessary on such in tight roster (just because it's 20, otherwise cool to have 'em)

2 Coles (Evil cole should've been sequel or DLC) would've preffered a Kat instead

Fat Princess (really what the **bleep**)  Instead of the tomb raider

Emo Dante instead of regular Dante (Capcom's fault) no one likes that version over the old one

Raiden instead of Snake (again Kojima's fault) If you're gonna have 1 MG representative, it goes w/o saying

I'm cool with the rest (maybe a little shaky on big daddy, but it's fine)

I'm really happy Nariko made it though

My pre-order stands and won't be changed, there's always room for expansion/improvements

I'm just glad they kept the roster small and really made the characters unique as opposed to throw in a bunch of broken, uninspired, unpolished (fighting wise), repetitive, half-assed characters

I'm sure if they could they would've added more, but it takes work. So, just be grateful...I know I am

Fat Princess is one of the highest selling PSN games of all time. And unlike Lara she is owned by Sony.
Owned Sony characters >>> Non Owned. This is pretty known logic by now 

http://i50.tinypic.com/1o8x79.jpg
Message 3 of 13 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Raiden is not representative of the metal gear series. He is from revengance, comepletely separate from Solid. It was not Kojima who OKed it, it was platinum games.
Message 4 of 13 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 29, 2012

sawao_yama wrote:
Raiden is not representative of the metal gear series. He is from revengance, comepletely separate from Solid. It was not Kojima who OKed it, it was platinum games.

Platinum is only a developer.  They have no say in whether somebody gets in or not.  The publisher, and the IP holder, which is Konami, has the say.  That's like saying Insomniac could've said no to R&C and then SuperBot couldn't've put them in the game.

ecdf9e46
Message 5 of 13 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Sep 29, 2012

sawao_yama wrote:

actually, he is,

both are a rep of the metal gear series,

BUT, solid reps metal gear solid, while raiden reps metal gear rising

Play For Fun!
Message 6 of 13 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Metal Gear Solid 2.

Please, try harder.

Message 7 of 13 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Raiden is from revengance. Try harder? Really? If it was raiden how he looke in mgs2 sure. If he looked like he did in mgs4 sure. But he is revengance raiden. Platinum are the developers but they had a say on it. Hence te reason why the developer was **bleep** off after the supposed "leak".
Message 8 of 13 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 29, 2012

sawao_yama wrote:
Raiden is from revengance. Try harder? Really? If it was raiden how he looke in mgs2 sure. If he looked like he did in mgs4 sure. But he is revengance raiden. Platinum are the developers but they had a say on it. Hence te reason why the developer was **bleep** off after the supposed "leak".

Except they wouldn't've allowed Raiden in at all if they had a say.  Platinum expressed issues with the presentation of Raiden, but Kamiya called the game a flat-out ripoff and said he didn't want his characters in a rip-off.  Meanwhile, Raiden's in the game regardless of his opinion.

ecdf9e46
Message 9 of 13 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Yeah, its Revengeance Raiden, but he began on the PS2 with Metal Gear Solid 2.

Just because Platinum is making it doesn't mean his past is somehow completely negated. Jeezus, that's probably why you hate the new Dante and are sworn to killing off a company that can barely hold its own legs up with two titles that were actually quite amazing but overshadowed by pissdribble like Call of Duty.

Message 10 of 13 (100 Views)
0 Likes