Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Re: Characters that need to be buffed now!

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Nariko lv1 should have a slight startup speed increase

Message 11 of 43 (227 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 2, 2012

As a Jak main, I really only see a few things that need to be buffed. His 1st super should have short horizontal range as well(it's vertical range isn't that great), and his mass inverter should fire a tad quicker. Oh and I wish they would have brought back spinning and shooting all over the place in the air, like in Jak 2 and so on. But other than that, I f***ing love jack

Message 12 of 43 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1190 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Oh god this is ignorant. Sir dan and Sweet tooth and jak need ever so slight buffs, kratos needs a nerf, thats it. Not every fcuking character

And that's the Gospel Truth Photobucket
Message 13 of 43 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Heihachi's level 1 is not a problem at all. If anything slow his AP gain.
Message 14 of 43 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
517 posts

Dec 2, 2012

MoneyShotin wrote:

As a Jak main, I really only see a few things that need to be buffed. His 1st super should have short horizontal range as well(it's vertical range isn't that great), and his mass inverter should fire a tad quicker. Oh and I wish they would have brought back spinning and shooting all over the place in the air, like in Jak 2 and so on. But other than that, I f***ing love jack

MoneyShotin wrote:

Actually, I was thinking that instead of increasing the horizontal range of his lvl 1, I don't see why they couldn't make it like the jump pads in Precursor legacy where he would be launched up really high.  Not only would this make it a lot more safe, but it could also be used to hit people way above you too.  It would also be cool if your could partially control his ascent and descent so that if you hit anyone with it on the way up or way down, it would kill them too.  And the only other thing I would say they should do is make his ragned melee attacks either have less recovery time or just make them more powerful. 

Message 15 of 43 (202 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Nah dude.. Radecs 2 is just fine. And it sounds like you're telling Santa monica and superbot to just make a new game after this has been out less than a month. This game is pretty well balanced aside from a few things that I'm pretty sure already have a community majority in favor of..

Take the homing Of Kratos forward square I think is reasonable and perhaps the only thing that needs balancing.

Toro is fine, big daddy is fine, Dante is fine with just as insane combos, parys, and specials.

Raiden... Idk I have yet to play him but sure he's Definetly just as annoying as Kratos..and some can be so unpredictable he can just make sushi out of you all day and that's a buzz kill. Totally omfg he is so bleep!! Fix Ur game omg I'm not playing till you do unbeatable? No.

Message 16 of 43 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 2, 2012

These buffs most of you are wanting seem unwarranted.

I play Spike and all the buffs/tweaks/whatever I asked for are listed verbatim by Ren. As an Ape Escape player, I can tell you right now that his Slingback Shooter is almost completely worthless in this game.

1. It can't be aimed. That, in itself is ludicrous because it's a goddamn slingshot. The point of a slingshot is to find a target and hit them with the ammo in it. Not aim up and shoot at nothing.

2. If it can only shoot upward on the ground, why make it fixed to only shoot upward when you're jumping? Seems pretty counterintuitive.

Bananarang is probably Spike's most useful zoning tool and it's SLOW AS BALLS on start-up. To safely use this gadget, you have to be on the other side of the screen. It's THAT slow. You're giving up stage control to use to an attack that COULD help if you weren't sitting wide open throwing an attack that only goes in a fixed path until you move. Grounded start-up, I can deal with, I'm usually not throwing it on the ground unless I have stage control set up. In the air though? LOL. I have less options in the air because of this move than I do on the ground AND I'm EQUALLY as vulnerable.

Stun Club is slow. Slow. Sloooooooooooow. I'm convinced that people could honestly hold block after the first hit and laugh at Spike. I don't want Meta Knight level attacks, just something that doesn't scream "Hit me, I'm free." Spike's normals are just abysmal. Low Sweep is his best normal and unless you land it, you're left recovering from the horrible ending lag. 

Lastly, his teleport. I utilize this move to adjust zoning, create traps and spacing. WHY DOES THIS LOSE TO ATTACKS WHILE HE'S IN TRANSITION TO TELEPORT?! I'm not talking like "Oh, I read your teleport." or I did it too late or something like that. I'm talking Spike isn't even visible, just the blue aura in which he's teleporting. If you hit that **bleep**, he takes a hit. There's no invinicibility or anything of the sort. It's even worse online because I can teleport before I get hit and if they swing where I once was as I'm appearing on the other side, I STILL take an L.

SUPERBOTS, FIX MY FRIGGIN CHARACTER! I don't want Spike to be autopilot broken, I want him to not have a bunch of BS flaws that make no sense.

Bananarang - Decrease the size of the Bananarang as an equivalent exchange for faster start-up.

Teleport - Watch Sheik/Zelda teleports. Their's have hitboxes, I just want some invincibility. Not even an absurd amount, just enough to say "You're too late, try again next time."

This one is pretty important: Time Net. Since we're out here giving people dumb **bleep** Lv1 supers, can we make Spike's Time Net sideswipe if the player is crouching? He does it in AE out of a prone state. It would only make sense, seeing as Raiden has the Spin-A-Roonie of Doomie and suddenly becomes NEO + The Last Samurai with his Lv2. Seeing as Spike has the Water Net, how about giving him a Water Net Lv3 and a Pipotron Lv2? 

/endrant
/endsalt
/endfanboyism

#Balance2013

Message 17 of 43 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3755 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Dante range is terrible
Message 18 of 43 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Also, FP's j.NSquare is too good.

Stupid priority

Stupid meaty

Ridiculous range

SAFE ON BLOCK

Think about this in conjunction with the rest of the character's design. I honestly feel like everyone needs physics relative to their character. FP's designs combined with her physics make her retarded.

Also, Big Daddy's meter gain is way too good for his meter threshold to be the same as Sackboy's. 

Message 19 of 43 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Sir dan - If you think he's not bad I challenge you for ps3 for ps3, you use sir dan. lol nuff said.

Oh, i did not catch that, Hm yes. Did someone ask for the honour of facing my 999 ranked Dan Fortesque? I were listening to some tunes on my computore and DID not in fact catch that. I misheard. I blinked. With my ears. Yes, i had a hickup just that moment that frase was uttered.

I challenge which ever fool who claims he is a match before thee might of Sir Daniel. Beware knaves! For I am ready for this bout.

Name´s Snake_nox. Add me and I will show you the power of Dan!

1v1 no item on any stage will do fine. Normal AP ect....

Message 20 of 43 (157 Views)