Nov 29 2012
By: LX_Theo I Only Post Everything 1001 posts
Accepted Solution

Characters for DLC and (Potential) Sequel, and WHY

[ Edited ]
12 replies 429 views Edited Nov 29, 2012

-------------------   DLC...   ------------------------------

Cloud

Why? Because there is nothing new coming out with Cloud any time forseeable. There's no promotion that Square Enix may want to wait for. They could take advantage of this and offer Square an option to have sales on PSN for stuff like the FF7 Classic as a promotion for character and hopefully all that could get them on board.

Jeanne D'Arc

Why? No one would object to more females being in the game. I sure hope not, at least. She'd also be an RPG representative and a PSP representative. I also believe Sony owns the IP, so it'd be on the cheaper side and could be another free DLC. 

Crash

Why? Crash has no releases. No anything. Unless Activision is in the planning stages of another attempted comeback, they have no reason to keep him out other than greed. And, unfortunately, DLC provides that opportunity for greed. 

Abe

Why? The IP owner and developer have said publically they want Abe in the game, and the fans want him. I'd imagine they they're not asking for a lot, given their public interest, and it could be another cheap or free character people want to see. 

Teddie/Other Persona Character

Why? Recently, Atlus said they wanted to see a Persona character in the game. This would be a very popular choice to get in Japan, I'd think, and has the same reasoning for Abe.

Nathan Hale/Chimera Hybrid

Why? Because its one of the biggest requests that has been made for characters. And its a Sony IP. And they have no reason to hold off on it for a game promotion or something. Also.... I think it would be an epic idea to explore the world of PSAS by having his story after his  (SPPOOOOOIIIILLLLEERRRRRR) death.

-------------------   Sequel...   ------------------------------

Sora

Why? Lets be honest, Sora hasn't been a primarily Playstation character since Kingdom Hearts 2 some years ago. Now, lets think about this. When would we expect a sequel to arise? I'd say 2014-2016, if at all. When do I expect them to get Kingdom Hearts 3 underway enough to be released? Realistically (If they actually plan on working on it soon, which they should), somewhere in that same time frame. 

Wander

Why? Team Ico seems to be caught up in their art. I don't totally blame them. Wander's game was magnificant in that regards as well as being a game itself. I hope, should there be a sequel, the franchise will have gained enough credibility for that to convicne them to give in.

Spyro

Why? I have two reasons for this. First of all, Spyro is part of an established franchise that changed his design and won't be as likely to return how people would want him to. Hence I don't expect DLC. Secondly, I hope success with a Crash DLC, or the game in general would convince them to give Superbot the good old nostalgic Spyro as their typical cash in.

Dart

Why? He's a good character, and is well loved, but he won't exactly create a lot of buzz. I say He doesn't really suit material for DLC unless Superbot simply wants to give away as many free characters as possible. He'd be a great character for a sequel, though.

Joel

Why? I suspect Joel will become a new popular character by the time the sequel will have released. Only need to put to pieces together to figure he'd be included then.

iota

Why? This Tearaway character looks extremely unique and would make an excellent addition to the roster, as well as being first party and another Vita representative along with Kat.

Old Snake

Why? The first game already has a MGS representative, so it would make more sense to save Snake for the sequel, when Raiden isn't getting his own game, right?

Lara Croft

Why? Because I think the only way the company would give Lara is if its successful enough to get a sequel and successful enough to get them to buy into it. 

And those are my thoughts on the subject. Any comments?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Re: Characters for DLC and (Potential) Sequel, and WHY

Nov 29, 2012

agreed with most of this. Rather not have another MGS rep. definitely no need for Granpa Snake.

Sub-Zero - MK rep.

Why? Cuz he's cool! No seriously, his ice clone would add a very nice lure and trap gameplay mechanic. He would also form a nice Netherrealm rep. because let's face it SuperBot and Netherrealm have good relations. It is more realistic than some of the other DLC requests IMO. Sub-Zero has also been in every single MK game (except one obscure one) and I'm not the only one wanting him.

http://gengame.net/2012/07/top-five-third-party-characters-i-want-to-see-in-playstation-all-stars-ba...

See that link :smileyhappy:

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 29, 2012

The King of All Cosmos:

Why?  Seth has mentioned in three separate interviews that he wants him in the game (his two most wanted characters were the king and parappa) and if they "can get more creative, they'll give him another shot".  Namco was also said to be the easiest 3rd party to work with.  All but one of Katamari Damacy's games have been on exclusively playstation platforms (ps2, ps3, psp, psvita)

But i agree with you on most of them. i do think if sony does manage to make a deal to get crash, it would involve spyro too.  Also, i believe square said they're aiming for kingdom hearts 3 to be on ps3 and there won't be another allstars game until ps4 so its possible that sora would be released pre-kingdom hearts 3 to promote that or possibly sooner to promote the two kingdom hearts hd collections that are coming out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 29, 2012

this_is_Marko wrote:

The King of All Cosmos:

Why?  Seth has mentioned in three separate interviews that he wants him in the game (his two most wanted characters were the king and parappa) and if they "can get more creative, they'll give him another shot".  Namco was also said to be the easiest 3rd party to work with.  All but one of Katamari Damacy's games have been on exclusively playstation platforms (ps2, ps3, psp, psvita)

considering how seth talks about him a lot, it wouldn't be surprising he the king showed up eventually...

Play For Fun!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

Nov 29, 2012

scorpion.

Why?. well, Kratos travels to the netherealms (mk9) to kick scorpion's butt...now, its time to return the favor :smileyvery-happy:..

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (354 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 29, 2012

NIS has said they want a disgaea rep, the oddworld devs have said they wnat abe in....so....

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Nov 29, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

NIS has said they want a disgaea rep, the oddworld devs have said they wnat abe in....so....

the TY devs said they wanted Ty in too (sorry forgot about that)

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (336 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Nov 29, 2012
King makes sense, given the context. Could be a DLC character, easily.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (307 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 29, 2012

If they had Dart in a sequel or even downloadable character, I would tell all haters "SCREW YOU!! I'M A **bleep** DRAGOON!!" This game would have my loyalty like there's no tomorrow lol

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (294 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I agree with Desby. I already like the game but if Dart makes it in then this game will have my undying support. Legend of Dragoon is a great game regardless of what any haters say
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (285 Views)
0 Likes