First Son
1 posts

Re: Characters We Would Like to See Included

Jun 13, 2012

A lot of great ideas....I'm just thinking if this is going to create a roster even remotely similar to any SSB roster you are going to need your families of characters (i.e. mushroom kingdom, LOZ, Pokemon, etc.) so someone suggested Dante well how about tossing his brother in there too, got sweet tooth why not minion, or outlaw, or mr. grimm? And without a doubt Sly being in there they gotta have the rest of the gang. Some outa nowhere that I can think of, Jill, Chris, Wesker from the RE series, some populars from Tekken, or even...well not exactly Sony exclusive but the guy from Prototype, then again how many of these are still PS exclusives, crash and spyro both been on Nintendo, Yoshimitzu being in the whole SFvsTekken crossing platforms as well as the same for the RE crew. either way I got a good feeling about the character roster for ASBR

Message 70 of 1,158 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Jun 13, 2012

crazy_e_123 wrote:

Dude! I still have all 3 of the Ty the Tasmanian tiger games in my room with my GameCube

Aw what, it wasn't playstation exclusive!? ; n;

Message 71 of 1,158 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
49 posts

Jun 13, 2012
Message 72 of 1,158 (477 Views)
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Lol I love that last part with Goku crossed out! But I think this game needs a traditional fighter that's as badass as Ryu that has also seen some action... That leads me to say that Albert wesker is a very good choice because his moves are easily coordinated and he would be a character for only the best players to master because of his agility and powers as well as his badassness.. So bottom line I think Ryu is a veteran that has already earned his rights and wesker has a large array of moves with his powers and wold be a tricky to master character but if you do master him, he's a killing machine...

Message 73 of 1,158 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Is that a strong enough argument to add wesker and or ryu

Message 74 of 1,158 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Although I can see Ryu and Ken (they basically have supers and ultras already) working for this game Id prefer they werent. Their charm lies in arcade style fighters. If you get Ryu and Ken then you need to pull characters from their rival game (Tekken). This game would start to swing too heavily towards third party.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ly1nxj.jpg
Message 75 of 1,158 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Jun 14, 2012

It needs to be said that I won’t add characters who’ve started off in comics or movies. In my opinion the “all-stars” in Battle Royale needs to be video game characters, not someone who’s only been in a video game at some time. That’s why you won’t find Harry Potter, James Bond, Gandalf, or Arnold Schwarzenegger on this list. (I may have made an exception with Mickey Mouse. Yes, I know. I’m a hypocrite)

Here’s a list of requested characters I haven’t added to the list so far. If you really want them in, and you have a strong argument for why they should, speak your mind, and I’ll see what I can do:

The Beast (InFamous 2)

Lucy Kuo (InFamous 2)

Nix (InFamous 2)

Coco (Crash Bandicoot)

Scree (Primal)

Rikku (Kingdom Hearts)

Ryu (Street Fighter)  -  Added

Ken (Street Fighter)

Dudley (Street Fighter)

Blanka (Street Fighter)

Minion (Twisted Metal)

Outlaw (Twisted Metal)

Mr. Grimm (Twisted Metal)

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)

Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)  -  Added

The ones who are not video game characters:

Goku (Dragon Ball)

Gambit (X-Men)

Optimus Prime (Transformers)

Message 76 of 1,158 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Tekken would be Kazuya/Jin and Nina (mix it up boys and girls). Kazuya is generally on most Tekken covers.

Good point regarding the exclusive vs third party. Its called Playstation Battle Royale not Sony Battle Royale.

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ly1nxj.jpg
Message 77 of 1,158 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
45 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Well, strong or not strong, your arguments make sense at least. I'm okay with the idea of adding one character representing each game - and Ryu being the main protagonist of Street Fighter it makes sense to add him and not the plethora of others to choose from. Wesker, being the main antagonist of the Resident Evil games, also makes him a good candidate next to Chris. + all the reasons you came up with.

Everyone

For the list. Which character(s) should represent Tekken. If we were to agree on a maximum of two characters, which two should it be: the one's on the list as of now: Yoshimitsu and Paul, or should someone else take their place?

And lastly, about all the exclusive vs. third party chatter. If we think about Battle Royale as a celebration of the Playstation and not of Sony Entertainment, does it matter who owns the characters legally? Jade from Beyond Good and Evil is as much playstation to me as Jak and Daxter is, even if Ubisoft were the company that created her. Think of the market for this game, for the Playstation 3 as a console, if xbox-fanboys suddenly got the urge to play as Big Daddy or as Ezio in a brawl-type game celebrating gaming history. Fine by me.

Message 78 of 1,158 (477 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Honestly I think wesker is probably one of my most favorite fighters ever (MvC3) and I think if they have to have wesker if they have Chris...

Message 79 of 1,158 (477 Views)
0 Likes