Nov 13 2012
By: ThatOneGuy39 Uncharted Territory 1785 posts

Character spcific threads for the forums?

5 replies 211 views Edited Nov 13, 2012

I'm a user from Capcom Unity and the topics for the fighting games got character specific threads and even a sticky that directed you to each of them if you couldn't find them and honestly I liked the idea of these because it made the forums a little more organized so if anyone wants to we could see if we could make threads for each of the playable characters in this game, when DLC characters come out they could have their own threads as well and maybe we could ask he mods to have a thread stickied that directs users to the character specific threads.

If we do this though here's how the first posts usually are in Capcom Unity in case you've never been on Capcom Unity or sites that are similar I'm just going to make an example using Big Daddy, this is based more on the character threads for the MVC3 forum, and yes you can copy/paste the move lists from Eventhubs, honestly I think that's the better option.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Daddy

CHARACTER INFO:

Genetically programmed to search for the ADAM essential to the social fabric of their undersea city, Little Sisters roam through the portals and tunnels of Rapture. Because the substance they extract from the recently fallen is so precious, the girls are accompanied at all times by their fearsome, diving suit-clad protectors, the Big Daddies. Armed with a deadly drill, possessed of incredible strength, and capable of quick bursts of speed, the Big Daddies guard their charges jealously, making all who attempt to harm a Little Sister wish they hadn't.

THE LEGACY OF BIG DADDY:
  • BioShock®
  • BioShock® 2

Alternate costume

Moveset

Jab

Overhead Palooka

Uppercut

Sweeping Fist

Aerial Jab
Properties 

Aerial Hard Punch
Properties 

Aerial Uppercut
Properties 

Aerial Down Punch
Properties 

Drill Punch

Charging Rush

Drill Skewer

Drill Slam

Aerial Drill Punch
Properties 

Aerial Charging Rush
Properties 

Aerial Drill Skewer
Properties 

Descending Drill Slam
Properties 

Incinerate
Properties 

Electro Bolt
Properties 

Cyclone Trap
Properties 

Winter Blast
Properties 

And if the character has a trailer it would go here.

So what do you think of this idea?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Re: Character spcific threads for the forums?

Nov 13, 2012
uhh this is all on the main page so why state the same thing twice
#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
723 posts

Nov 13, 2012
exactly, this is completely unnessesary.

1/6/2013 - Defeated the #1 player in the World in a Ranked Match.

Currently maining: Parappa

Future mains: Zeus, Issac
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

It's not for the character's info it's for people who want to talk about the character, we see threads like "Sackboy is awesome because this" or "Does Raiden counter?" these character threads are for that reason ao instead of making a full thread about how you feel about a character just go to the character's thread and give your thoughts there, the move lists, descriptions and videos are just there for the first post.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 13, 2012
people will ignore a stickied thread thats all about one character,k while they will answer a more specified question thta is from a seperate thead
#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 13, 2012

While I appreciate the effort, as the people above mentioned all this info is avaliable in the top left corner of this page but if you're talking about specifics like combos and costumes, rather than having 20 seperate threads, I think maybe just 1 combo thread and 1 costume thread. More concise that way.

Please Respond
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (79 Views)
0 Likes