Highlighted
Nov 13 2012
By: JakMan1997 Lombax Warrior 88 posts

Character and Stage Selection *ONLINE*

10 replies 376 views Edited Nov 13, 2012

I was wondering if anyone knows how choosing a character and stage will work in the full game?

It's something I've never really seen answered. I was thinking of asking IGN during the livestream of the game on Wednesday.

(At 2-4 PM Pacific Time / 4-6 PM Central Time)

But, I decided to ask here first for an answer, then on Wednesday, if necessary.

Will it be like in the beta, where you choose a character and the game randomly chooses a stage and opponents for you?

Or, will you be put into a lobby and then everyone chooses their character and decides on a stage?
I'm guessing ranked and unranked will have different options, but I really don't know.

Message 1 of 11 (376 Views)
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Re: Character and Stage Selection *ONLINE*

Nov 13, 2012

hmm I'd say it'll be like smash bros. You choose your stage and the other guys choose theirs and the game chooses the most voted or one of the 4 stages if everyone voted on a different satge.

Message 2 of 11 (357 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

I don't remember much of how Smash Bros. Brawl handled it but I do remember that when Ninja Turtles Smash Up did it they gave the players the stage select screen and the most voted stage is the one they play but if 4 people pick 4 different stages then it'll pick one of the 4 stages randomly so I assume it works like that in PS All-Stars.

Message 3 of 11 (345 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7448 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

Well,no one knows yet,but here's how I think it should work. You make a lobby,private or anyone can join,and how many slots you want(2,3,4),you can start if you want and practice with a non-moving CPU. It notifies you if someone joins and then you can quit. Then,everyone chooses their character and the leader chooses the stage. You can also join lobbies (Duh) And lastly,the leader can toggle the settings like the mode or if you want to team up with someone in the lobby. Inviting friends won't automatically make it 2v2.

Signature.png

Message 4 of 11 (328 Views)
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Nov 13, 2012
So, you guys are thinking it'll work the same as an offline game would?

How about characters? Would you get to see what characters the online players choose?
Message 5 of 11 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Probably not, it would make more sense if you don't see what characters they pick until everyone is locked in.
I love superpiposarus idea of a lobby though

Message 6 of 11 (314 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Nov 13, 2012
BTW great question for Ign

Message 7 of 11 (309 Views)
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Thanks WobbleSPLAT, I'm going to ask them and I'll be sure to tell you guys if they choose to answer my question.

Thanks guys for helping me with this, though.
Great to know there are some helpful people in the deep, dark, mysterious area known as the forums.
Message 8 of 11 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7448 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

wobbleSPLAT wrote:
Probably not, it would make more sense if you don't see what characters they pick until everyone is locked in.
I love superpiposarus idea of a lobby though

Yeah,now that I had time to think maybe you should only be able to see someone elses character if they are your partner,there should be a black cover over everyone else. To add something,you can do quick matches which is like the beta where you just get thrusted into a match and everyone votes a stage (20 seconds before it gets chosen,for brb people)

Signature.png

Message 9 of 11 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

Nov 13, 2012
I can see no one really knows the definite answer on this, haha.
I'll be sure to ask this question now. Lol.
Message 10 of 11 (237 Views)
0 Likes