Jan 30 2013
By: Ghost_12985 Hekseville Citizen 396 posts

Character Talk: Sackboy

15 replies 268 views Edited Jan 30, 2013

Hello there!  If you have magically landed on my thread through the internet and hyperlinks and all that other unimportant stuff that no one really cares about, you most likely main Sackboy.

Awesome.

SO!

I want to talk to you, talk with you about Sackboy.  Strategies, combos, tips, playstyles, super setups, all that good stuff.

Forgot to mention, you don't really even need to main Sackboy!  Just be a helpful person who knows a chunk of knowledge about Sackthing and wants to share with the community.

If this is you, you are awesome.

ANYWAY! LET US DISCUSS!

MY NOTATION:

Square = 1

Triangle = 2

Circle = 3

Up = U

Forward/Side = F

Down = D

Aerial version = j.(insert move here)

Jump = X

Immediate move/cancel = xx.(insert move)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My longest combo:

(Must be a little bit away from a wall) j.2F > xx.j.3D > 2U > 1U > j.1U > 1D  (GENERATES 155 AP)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Message 1 of 16 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Re: Character Talk: Sackboy

Jan 30, 2013
Ah one of Sackboy's many wall combos. Too bad sometimes 2 up squares don't work on evry character.

Anyways if anyone has any questions about Sackboy ask me. You guys can continue the thread with whatever you have, it is good to find people who main Sackboy.
Message 2 of 16 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1754 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Sackboy is one of my mains, so I'll give some advice for anyone who wants the help. I'm not the best by any means but I have certainly improved since when I got the game. For any newcomers, I recommend not to use his Level 3, to me personally it comes off as a cheap victory, so stick with his Level 1 and Level 2. Also, Sackboy's Level 1 can be very hard to hit someone with, use it when your opponent is currently distracted with another opponent, if your lucky you'll get 2 or even 3 kills. There's also a very simple kill-confirm for his Level 1(its probably one of the simplest in the game. Use his forward triangle attack (uncharged) to knock your opponent down, then quickly activate your super, by the time your opponent gets up it will be to late for them to escape.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2mx350z.png[/IMG]
Message 3 of 16 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I'd have an easier time understanding this if you just said or used: side-square, up-trinagle, jump, side triangle, etc. etc.

This is just asking for confusion.

Message 4 of 16 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 30, 2013
Let me translate: Air side triangle, air down circle, up triangle, up square, air up square, air down square.

Is that better.
Message 5 of 16 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Im not very good with Sackboy and I found his moveset kind of disappointing when i first started playing. Ive been working towards getting all the bonus goals so inevitably I need to frequently boost his levels. not wanting to do a ton of small matches, I decided to play a 30 stock match, marathon through one long fight and get out of it. I actually found myself finding new ways to get to supers faster and I was pretty decent with him after a while. I havent played since the update, not even sure what all was changed but I think if i could change 2 things about Sackboy id want him to have a better square combo and to angle his level 1 Super downwards just a little more so it can work to attack forward as well.

Message 6 of 16 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Jan 30, 2013
Only problem i have with sack is his jelly needs an ap boost and i swear i must be the only one, but all 3 of his lv1 should be the same speed and reach as cole -_-
Message 7 of 16 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jan 30, 2013
@Dos
I agree with that level 1 thing...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out my LBP.ME
Message 8 of 16 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 30, 2013
I actually kind of agree with that. Or at least the Nathan one.
Message 9 of 16 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah, the PaRappa one annoys me sometimes.

Check out my LBP.ME
Message 10 of 16 (94 Views)
0 Likes