Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Re: Character Talk: Sackboy

Jan 30, 2013

I started to use him a couple days/weeks ago, and he is hilarious, he is very fun to use and his lvl 3 is the best lvl 3 on the game, but he obviously needs a buff, his AP gain is too low, and his combos need to be fixed.

anyway, he is a very good choice for those players who want something different, and not another sword/gun typical character

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Jan 30, 2013
@lxhizy
Agree.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

Three changes I want to see to Sackboy:

1. Raise AP on jam to 15.

2. Fix his combos. The ones with the grappling hook (such as square, squre, up square) don't work consistently.

3. Make it so his level 1 super has the same range and angle every time, so that way I know what to expect.

That's all I want. I don't think it's much to ask for, but these 3 changes would make me extremely happy.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Jan 30, 2013
I know about every Sackboy out there agrees on 1 and 3.
On number two, that's only with combos that have square x2 > up square (or 1, 1, 1U) that don't work on everyone or doesn't work consistently. That combo doesn't even work on Jak.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you play LBP2? If so, could you take the time to check out my levels?
Check out my LBP.ME
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

Ghost_12985 wrote:
On number two, that's only with combos that have square x2 > up square (or 1, 1, 1U) that don't work on everyone or doesn't work consistently. That combo doesn't even work on Jak.

Yeah, it won't work work on certain characters like Jak or Toro. I thought this combo worked on everyone before he was nerfed in patch 1.02, though, right?

I'm pretty you can do up triangle instead of square x2, but it takes longer and you have to be right next to your opponent.

Also, he has this one combo after his up grab (1U, 1U, 1D), that seems to work randomly... although that one's not as imporant to me.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jan 31, 2013

So like sackboy is a great character ( my main character since this game first launched ) however he does have many,many flaws post patch. For starters his melee range is AWFUL! Seriously, his range is literally the length of his arm so if you want to start a combo you can't be afraid to get in their face. Despite the fact that his range is bad if your able to land a hit you can do some pretty cute combos. Almost all of Sackboy's combos dont grant ap burst, the few that do are either predictable or impracticle. An example would be  air side trianlge, down circle, square, square, up square, side triangle, circle. This combo does grant an ap burst (140 i think) however the air side triangle at the beginning (which is essential for it to ap burst) is very easy to see coming since it has such a long start up time. My last bit of advice i have is that you should ALWAYS use have the electric pad/cake/bounce pad on the stage. These 3 things can help interupt your opponents combos which is very helpful

Here are a few of my "cute" combos btw

1. Square,square,down square

2.up throw, up square, up square, down square

3.Up triangle, up square,side triangle, circle

4.Forward trianlge,down circle,square,square,circle.
5.Forward triangle, Down circle, Forward square.

*NOTE* 4&5 may require you to take an extra step in order for the Slap/Grab to hit

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (39 Views)
0 Likes