Nov 25 2012
By: Sairen_Zertis First Son 11 posts

Character Guides!

13 replies 340 views Edited Nov 25, 2012

We need more guide threads where people talk about how to use their favorite characters!   I have always thought sly looked really interesting and was trying to look up a sly guide before I started playing him and was disapointed when none could be found.  

So how do you play with Sly? How do you play with your favorite characters?  What strategies help you get your vicotory?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 14 (340 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Re: Character Guides!

Nov 25, 2012

Sairen_Zertis wrote:

I have always thought sly looked really interesting and was trying to look up a sly guide before I started playing him and was disapointed when none could be found.  

So how do you play with Sly?

Cause the game hasn't been out for weeks? Also, aren't there combo tutorials for the characters? You can try for Sly when it comes to combos in that mode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 2 of 14 (333 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6396 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 25, 2012

Wait Wesley this could be a good idea. We can talk about how to use our characters and their strengths and weaknesses. Of course, besides the combo tutorials, the Prima guide also helps you learn the charcters.

Message 3 of 14 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 25, 2012

I definitely think that this could be useful. The combo videos only tell you so much. They let you know what moves your characters can do. Not how to use them or when and what is best. For example I had to learn that rachets -> Triangle is AMAZING and should be used more than his other ranged moves when possible. I learned Rachet should not really ever save up for his Lvl 3 but primarily use his lvl 1 and 2.

Message 4 of 14 (287 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 25, 2012

*bump*

Message 5 of 14 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Unfortunately, we only got the scans that cover like 13 characters in here. Where are the other 7?

Message 6 of 14 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 25, 2012

IGN has some basic videos. But someone talking more in depth about characters and some more advanced stuff would be pretty swell. Although its still sort of early

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 7 of 14 (190 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Nov 25, 2012
I do agree that we need to have a sub forum or stickied topics to let us have guides for the characters to perhaps get people trying new things with each one. Whether it's finding new stratedgies for the underused ones or finding better ways to improve what people know already about the more popular ones.
Message 8 of 14 (176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Nov 25, 2012

I completely agree. I think a subforum would be phenominal!  Untill then we can use this thread of have people make new ones. Manybe even link the new threads to this one so we can keep up with all of the guides that are out there. 

Message 9 of 14 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Sairen_Zertis wrote:

I completely agree. I think a subforum would be phenominal!  Untill then we can use this thread of have people make new ones. Manybe even link the new threads to this one so we can keep up with all of the guides that are out there. 

That, and to find the scans covering the 7 missing characters. Mostly if there's any combos other than those shown by the game. Mostly because I got some difficulties with Radec's combos. Hell, I feel like some aren't even real ones.

Message 10 of 14 (141 Views)
0 Likes