Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
640 posts

Re: Character Counter Picks

Oct 18, 2012

Lolol its funny when I save my LVL 3 super for last. Everyone just starts to panic and i end up getting 6+ kills. :smileyvery-happy:

photo 2014-07-22-060145.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 16 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Oct 18, 2012

I'm afraid I may not have been very specific on the topic type. What I mean is that the general playstyle of certain characters works better against the general playstyle of other characters. It happens a lot in fighters like Street Fighter. The term "bad match-up" or "good match-up" get thrown around a lot. I'm not saying that the game isn't balanced; I think it's balanced fairly well. I'm also not saying I have a problem with other characters; I have a strategy for a lot of situations. I just want to see who you think carries a slight advantage over another, due to their playstyle. For example, Radec is a huge ranged character. Kratos can spear rush him and block shots, then pummel him with combos. I'm not saying Radec can't beat Kratos, I'm just saying that Kratos's playstyle works well against Radec.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 16 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Oct 18, 2012

i understand completely this happens to me all the time with soul calibur 5 i main dampiere who is the dlc character with very short range against my friend who mains siegfried long range 

#ProtectorProgramme
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 16 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2012

Kratos's command grab has auto targeting and sly cooper can't block/dodge.... thats a counterpick. Sly has to play EXTREMELY defensive keeping bombs alarm clocks and lightning between him and kratos. try to confuse him and make him attack you instead of command grabbing you and counter attack. Getting a backstab is extremely hard against a kratos that isn't distracted. His air game beats Slys in everyway. Not to mention Kratos has excellent armor which forces you to just hide and hope he loses sight of you
There are counter picks for sure but Sly can pull through this if he picks and chooses his battles well enough. Unfortunately you cant always do this in timed free for alls so when you HAVE to go in with Sly it becomes really really hard if he even thinks you're near him

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 16 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
225 posts

Oct 18, 2012
I'd say Sweet Tooth has a slight advantage over Parappa. Parappa flourishes in extremely close ranges where Sweet Tooth's space-controlling gameplay is at it's best. A quick-fire shotgun, chainsaw, and mines can definitely ruin Parappa's day.

I'd say that Kratos has no definite advantages or disadvantages against anyone, being the mid-range "Ryu of PSASBR" that he is, bt his auto-aiming grab can be hell for Sly players, and Radecs could have trouble getting out of Kratos' range.

Now, I know he's not in the beta, but I think that Sir Daniel actually has quite an advantage against all players who primarily use guns, like Radec, Ratchet, and Drake, simply because he can summon a shield. The shield can absorb plenty of attacks without pushing Dan back a single step, and that can easily allow him to get in close. We're gonna have to wait for the actual game to find out, but it's definitely a solid theory at least.
It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 16 (73 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6393 posts

Oct 18, 2012
Not a single person has mentioned FP yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 16 (62 Views)
0 Likes