Feb 01 2013
By: Ginta2468 Treasure Hunter 6400 posts

Character Battle Series! Part 4: Kratos vs. Nariko!

36 replies 866 views Edited Feb 1, 2013

Well to the fourth battle of the Character Battle series. If you don't already know, this is a series where 2 characters are chosen to fight each other and the community picks who would win in a fight and why they would do so. In the last part, it turns out that both Dante and Raiden were to even to take each other out, so they decided to stop fighting and become friends while killing their common enemy, the haters, at 11-11 ties score. Now, in this part, we have the two contenders that most people consider the strongest in the game, their chain blades rules over men, and the gods over them. They are the God and Goddess of war, and they go by:

Kratos

Versus!

Nariko

Kratos vs. Nariko 1.jpg

In this battle, Kratos will use his general moveset throughout his games, but mostly lean over to his God of War 3 material, since that is his most recent. Nariko, with the aid of Kai, will use anything at her disposal from her game. It is no a mercy match until one is left standing, to see who is the true god/goddess of war.

You can set up a battle scenario if you want. The voting ends at 10:00 p.m central time tomorrow. Oh yeah, I am not taking votes like "Kratos is just better" or things like that, or single word votes only saying their name, so have legit reasons.

So let this god forsaken battle begin!

HeavenlySword-kratos.jpg

Message 1 of 37 (866 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Re: Character Battle Series! Part 4: Kratos vs. Nariko!

Feb 1, 2013

For the sake of all things good, Nariko must win. Enough people have been brutally massacred by that monster. Obviously, Nariko will step up to put him down.

#TogetherToros
Message 2 of 37 (862 Views)
Last Guardian
9912 posts

Feb 1, 2013
I love both characters so much, but I'd have to say Kratos. I think the Blade of Olympus would overpower the Heavenly Sword.

But that's not to say Nariko wouldn't give him a run for his money. It would be an amazing fight.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 3 of 37 (848 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
417 posts

Feb 1, 2013

I think Nariko and her heavenly sword just might take this one

Photobucket
Message 4 of 37 (842 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1708 posts

Feb 1, 2013
I think Nariko should and will win, I'm sick of Kratos I think she should show Kratos exactly how powerful the Heavenly Sword is.
Message 5 of 37 (837 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Feb 1, 2013
I guess I am a stickler for rules.
@elephantsheep @excalibur I can't accpet those as votes, basically what I read was that you guys are sick of Kratos and have no good reasons why she should win or at least a half-assed one.

@sonicdude I might take that, but you should specify more.
Message 6 of 37 (827 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Feb 1, 2013
What about: Nariko would win because good always triumphs over evil or "the Heavenly Sword would overpower the Blade of Olympus"?
#TogetherToros
Message 7 of 37 (822 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Feb 1, 2013
Hmm I guess, I did say I was taking half assed ones anyways XD no offense.
Message 8 of 37 (818 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4359 posts

Feb 1, 2013
I don't know very much about them, but I would vote for Kratos. He had brought back to alive from Hades several times and control Fates (not sure). He fought more powerful enemies far more than Nariko. Plus, pain is power, so I assume he suffered more pain from his past than Nariko did.
Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 9 of 37 (805 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9912 posts

Feb 1, 2013
I see my answer wasn't specific enough, allow me to delve into why Kratos would win.

Kratos has quite an arsenal of weapons. He's got the Arms of Sparta, Nemean Cestus, Nemesis Whip, Spear of Destiny, Artemis Blade, and probably some new ones from Ascension.

Nariko only has the Heavenly Sword, which can take 3 different forms, but is still one weapon.

Not only that, Kratos also has a variety of magic he can use. There's too much to list, but let's just say he's got plenty.

Let's also look at the caliber of enemies both have faced. Nariko has fought mainly just soldiers, and a couple of freaks. Nothing major.

Kratos has fought Cyclopses, Minotaurs, Sirens, Chimeras, Gorgans, Gods, and Titans. That's not to say Nariko couldn't beat enemies of that caliber, but as far as we know she hasn't.

Kratos isn't evil either. He's an Anti-hero. He lives for vengeance, but he did take down a corrupt system of Gods. So he's not all that bad.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 10 of 37 (795 Views)