Jan 30 2013
By: Ginta2468 Treasure Hunter 6400 posts

Character Battle Series! Part 3: Dante vs. Raiden! Overtime! Dante-11 Raiden-11

[ Edited ]
85 replies 662 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

Welcome to the third part of the Character Battle series. If you don't already know, this is a series where 2 characters are chosen to fight each other and the community picks who would win in a fight and why they would do so. In the last part, PaRappa couldn't believe hard enough as his martial arts couldn't save him from Toro's raging demon, proving what it means to be the mascot of Sony. Now in this part, we have two heavy hitting, sword swinging, bada**** going toe to toe to each other, and they are:

Dante

Dante ready to fight.jpg

VERSUS!

Raiden

Raiden cutting metal.png 

In this fight, Dante will have everything from his new game and only his new game, not just his psasbr moveset, meaning he has the ninja stars, inferno fist, shotgun, etc. along with the moves that go with them and his Devil Trigger. Raiden... well since his game hasn't came out yet he can do things from mgs4 and msr. He not only has his sword, but sub weapons as well. It is no mercy match till one is left standing, and the reason why they are fighting... well let's just say Raiden does not like (wants to kill, and vice versa) the new Dante.

You can set up a battle scenario if you want to or not. Voting ends at 8:00 p.m central time tomorrow. Also, I am not taking votes for reasons like "Becasue I hate new Dante" and things like that, so have legit reasons.

SO LET THIS BLOODBATHED BATTLE BEGIN!

Message 1 of 86 (662 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Re: Character Battle Series! Part 3: Dante vs. Raiden!

Jan 30, 2013

Raiden

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 2 of 86 (658 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Dante. I feel like he's faster, stronger, and overall smarter with tactics than Raiden. All Raiden has his eyes on is killing whats infront of him. NO EMOTIONS. Dante learns his enemy, and can use different tactics accordingly. Dante.

If u have a mic and would like to fight with or against me, add me!
Message 3 of 86 (656 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

They both seem equally supernaturally powerful in their games, killing giant demons/MG Rays. I have to go with Dante. Plus, he's all sorts of fine Smiley Wink

#TogetherToros
Message 4 of 86 (636 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

Raiden And this is because.... (Note I love new dante this is just too funny)  :

Edit: image removed for profanity

Seriousl though I find raiden faster and more accurate, and ya dante goes with the flow and can pull off stylish combos but I think Raiden might have the edge.

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 5 of 86 (634 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

littlejcr wrote:

Raiden And this is because.... (Note I love new dante this is just too funny)  :

Seriousl though I find raiden faster and more accurate, and ya dante goes with the flow and can pull off stylish combos but I think Raiden might have the edge.

I almost said I couldn't accept that, but then I saw the bottom words so you get a vote in.

Message 6 of 86 (626 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Jan 30, 2013

hmmmmmm can't decide.

Message 7 of 86 (625 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I think Metal Gear's significantly more realistic (relatively speaking) approach helps it in this case. Demons, magic and the like are tough, but we never really see a measure of exactly how tough at any point in the series. Rising on the other hand has actual combat situations, military-grade tech and towering war-machines which themselves stand out inside the war zone.

The realism really highlights just how stupidly power Raiden is when you see him tear through all that.

Were we talking about Dante from the normal continuity, he'd take this hands down (literally).

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 8 of 86 (619 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3239 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

Ginta2468 wrote:

littlejcr wrote:

I almost said I couldn't accept that, but then I saw the bottom words so you get a vote in.

Lol ya I wrote that in because I knew I needed to give my explanation.  I love Dante (Not to get confused with old Dante I just refer to him as Dante instead of New Dante) and think he has great moves.  Just this thread made it so easy to share that picture XD

MAY THE SQUARE DRIVE YOUR BLADES KRATOS!
Currently playing: FF14, MGSV, Witcher 3.
Message 9 of 86 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I feel like this one isn't even a contest. Ever since we knew the entire character roster of PSASBR...I always counted Raiden to not be one of the strongest. Like...don't get me wrong...he's definitely a badass. But...his power level is really only most evident against normal humans...like Nathan Drake. (However...with Nate's luck he might actually have potential to take down Raiden as well.) Dante is more on the level of Kratos and Nariko...and I know Raiden can't really touch them. I believe that Raiden wouldn't actually fair too well against some of the cartoonier characters such as Ratchet and Jak. Raiden is the most powerful in his own series...I'm sure. LIke...he's obviously more physically powerful than Snake thanks to his cyborg ninja status. But, Dante is a half angel, half demon warrior with mastery over nearly any weapon...and he's nearly immortal in the strictest sense of the term. Not to mention the fact that he only becomes more and more powerful over time. Dante has super human speed, strength, and agility without the limitations of human technology. He has more weaponry at his disposal...and the ability to tap in to slivers of his demon potential with devil trigger. I vote Dante.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 86 (598 Views)