Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: Character Appreciation Society

Oct 22, 2012

I'm broke. I just happen to respect some franchises more than others.

I'm a story fanatic. Games like Shadows of the Colossus, Ico, Heavenly Sword, Final Fantasy VI (6), Bioshock, those are well-written. Sadly Heavenly Sword was a launch title for the PS3, and with the 360 having dull first person shooters everyone flocked to that, and the sales of the PS3 diminished. Most people who played Sword either believed it to be a worse God of War, either due to gameplay (which is true to an extent), or story (which is sad because God of War isn't written, its pooped out.)

I like it because I think Ninja Theory is a great company. Their work on the new DmC, as well as NT Dante's inclusion in this, means that they're really trying on the new one; less gameplay, more focus on the story, which is exactly what the franchise really needed.

Message 21 of 54 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 22, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

I'm broke. I just happen to respect some franchises more than others.

I'm a story fanatic. Games like Shadows of the Colossus, Ico, Heavenly Sword, Final Fantasy VI (6), Bioshock, those are well-written. Sadly Heavenly Sword was a launch title for the PS3, and with the 360 having dull first person shooters everyone flocked to that, and the sales of the PS3 diminished. Most people who played Sword either believed it to be a worse God of War, either due to gameplay (which is true to an extent), or story (which is sad because God of War isn't written, its pooped out.)

I like it because I think Ninja Theory is a great company. Their work on the new DmC, as well as NT Dante's inclusion in this, means that they're really trying on the new one; less gameplay, more focus on the story, which is exactly what the franchise really needed.

Hahahahaha "I'm broke" fair enough! Smiley Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am not like my father. The world I create will not be like his."
Message 22 of 54 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Sir Daniel and Sweet Tooth. Grew up playing Twisted Metal on the PSone and had a demo of MediEval that I would play for hours on end along with demos of Crash and Spyro. Good times.

Message 23 of 54 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Sir Daniel and Sweet Tooth. Grew up playing Twisted Metal on the PSone and had a demo of MediEval that I would play for hours on end along with demos of Crash and Spyro. Good times.

I think I had the Spyro and Crash demos too, gooooood times indeed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 24 of 54 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 22, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

tumblr_llhex92cLr1qcqgwho1_500.jpg

Definitely Nariko.

^this,

nariko, and heavenly sword deserves more love...

Play For Fun!
Message 25 of 54 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 22, 2012
It's a mix up between Drake and the Coles - but there's quite a few characters I love in the game, for my own reasons. Including Big Daddy, Sly Cooper & Nariko.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 26 of 54 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 22, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
It's a mix up between Drake and the Coles - but there's quite a few characters I love in the game, for my own reasons. Including Big Daddy, Sly Cooper & Nariko.
 Love Drake and the Coles too, both great stories and games overall Smiley Very Happy

Message 27 of 54 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Dean-Bax96 wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Yea those of us who grew up on the PSone know what those characters mean to us but at the same time see the potential for this game. I pre-ordered this game a few days ago and look foward to maining Sir Dan and Sweet Tooth. If we see Crash and Spyro as DLC great, if not maybe a sequel. All is good in the end. I'm content with the game at the moment.

Message 28 of 54 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Dean-Bax96 wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Yea those of us who grew up on the PSone know what those characters mean to us but at the same time see the potential for this game. I pre-ordered this game a few days ago and look foward to maining Sir Dan and Sweet Tooth. If we see Crash and Spyro as DLC great, if not maybe a sequel. All is good in the end. I'm content with the game at the moment.

Agreed, not long now Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 54 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
398 posts

Oct 22, 2012

Dean-Bax96 wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Dean-Bax96 wrote:

Chris_MachineGun wrote:

Agreed, not long now Smiley Happy

ONE MORE MONTH. =DD

So looking foward to open beta and Sir Dan's alt outfit. I wanna play as Sweet Tooth first and if Sir Dan is added to Beta I'd play him too. But that gold armor is just epic. 

Message 30 of 54 (47 Views)
0 Likes