Sep 01 2012
By: edinthecan First Son 7 posts
Accepted Solution

Change Coles name?

15 replies 433 views Edited Sep 1, 2012

evil cole should be called just "infamous cole" and the other  "hero cole" or something like that. Evil cole macgrath just sounds awkward, just sayin

Message 1 of 16 (433 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Re: Change Coles name?

Sep 1, 2012

I think it should be just cole and then infamous cole

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 2 of 16 (430 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Sep 1, 2012
Yeah it seemed weird to me that good Coles name was just Cole McGrath and evil Coles name was just evil Cole McGrath
Message 3 of 16 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 1, 2012

I agree that both should come with sort of a prefix. Calling one "Evil Cole" while calling the other just "Cole" seems to convey the message that the path of good is the 'true way' to play, while the path of evil is merely an alternate take. The whole point of Infamous is that it's all up to the player. No one way is more 'right' than the other. I like the "Infamous Cole" vs "Hero Cole" idea, just like in the game's Karma meter. Maybe taking out his last name on screen would make it less awkward and less 'cluttersome' (not the announcer; he should just say "Cole MacGrath!" for both)

...Or on the flipside, have both labelled as just "Cole MacGrath" (with the obvious picture differences being enough to help differentiate) and have the announcer say "Good Cole!" vs "Evil Cole!" I actually like this one better, come to think it.

Message 4 of 16 (397 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 1, 2012

BDurk15 wrote:

I agree that both should come with sort of a prefix. Calling one "Evil Cole" while calling the other just "Cole" seems to convey the message that the path of good is the 'true way' to play, while the path of evil is merely an alternate take. The whole point of Infamous is that it's all up to the player. No one way is more 'right' than the other. I like the "Infamous Cole" vs "Hero Cole" idea, just like in the game's Karma meter. Maybe taking out his last name on screen would make it less awkward and less 'cluttersome' (not the announcer; he should just say "Cole MacGrath!" for both)

in most games that let you chose good or evil has the good sie as the true way, but infamous is different than most as in you can continue the second game from the evil side of the first game

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 5 of 16 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
250 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Good Cole should be "Well-Mannered and Likeable Cole"

Evil should be "Incredibly Rude and Rambuctious Cole"

Message 6 of 16 (369 Views)
Survivor
2590 posts

Sep 1, 2012

agreed it sounds better. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 7 of 16 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Sep 1, 2012

Shadowbhiemes wrote:

Good Cole should be "Well-Mannered and Likeable Cole"

Evil should be "Incredibly Rude and Rambuctious Cole"

Hahahaha! You forgot to add "MacGrath" to the end of both! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 16 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 1, 2012

I thought it was weird cause the entire point of the InFamous series was that the "Evil" Karma path wasn't really evil it was just selfish and aggressive... It was suppose to be ambiguous which made it cool, now it's just evil? Meh.

Message 9 of 16 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Sep 1, 2012
Prefer evil cole then cole.
Message 10 of 16 (285 Views)
0 Likes