Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: Captain Titus from Space Marine?

Dec 22, 2012
The difference with Space Marine and DMC or GoW is that there are no combos or techniques to learn. There are no interesting setpieces or bosses. Grimskull was literally the best part of the game because he was the only real boss. What makes GoW and DMC? The variety of melee weapons, the combos, and the bosses. Space Marine did none of the above well at all.

I know Vergil is different in theory, but his attacks are mostly the same. Furthermore, what the hell makes you think that Capcom would put DMC3 Vergil in over the DmC one if they put DmC Dante in? The logic is flawed.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 11 of 22 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Dec 22, 2012
i didnt say my logic was perfect, just that i meant the dmc3 vergil. and from what was shown in the trailer for his preorder 'story', hes pretty much the same. he doesnt have to wear the fedora, you know Smiley Tongue

and about SM, there may not have been actual bosses (other than the warboss), but their were battles that were harder and different. like before the final quick time even, when getting the power source, and riding the titan. and there were different weapons, quite a few.

even though your putting down one of my favorite games, im kinda glad that at least you played it. means its not as unknown as i thought.

Captain Titus from Space Marine for PSASBR!
Message 12 of 22 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 22, 2012
That still doesn't mean I have to like him, slammit.

And there weren't that many different weapons. 4 melee weapons and uninteresting guns that were more or less the same.

I liked Dawn of War quite a bit, but Space Marine just wasn't anything special. It was mediocre.
Fresh to death
Message 13 of 22 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Dec 22, 2012
well you dont have to like him if you dont want to, we're all entitled to our own thoughts and opinions.

the melee weapons were different, and the guns were about as varied as those in most shooters.

i loved DOW too (and play TT). if they were for a PS3, id have said gabriel angelos instead of titus Smiley Tongue

and atleast i didnt say shas'la kais from fire warrior.

Message 14 of 22 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Considering most of the guns were just different bolters, I would say no, they weren't.

Fire Warrior was bad. I think you know that, though.

Warhammer shouldn't leave Warhammer.
Fresh to death
Message 15 of 22 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Dec 22, 2012
yes, fire warrior was bad. very, very bad.

also: plasma gun, melta gun, vengeance launcher, las cannon. atleast 4 weapons that werent bolters.

do i think titus would actually make it into this game? no. it was just an idea and suggestion. i do think it would be awesome though.

Message 16 of 22 (33 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 22, 2012
I said most, not all. I've played the game.

And I still stand firm that nothing from Warhammer should leave Warhammer.
Fresh to death
Message 17 of 22 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Dec 22, 2012
youve already got a guy that is a literal god of war, or atleast was, a half angel/demon guy, a...something in a huge scuba suit, a living doll, and other strange things in this game. why should warhammer stay out? its not much more out of place than any of the other characters.

Message 18 of 22 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Because Warhammer has no reason to leave Warhammer. It's shown no preference in any direction whatsoever. References are fine (Magicka, Dungeon Defenders), but I don't want to see an actual character. Plus, the Warhammer community is a bit annoying and I don't want to deal with it. I already know one Warhammer fanatic.
Fresh to death
Message 19 of 22 (25 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

why do i get the feeling that bit about annoying was aimed at me...

i know he wont make it in, just saying i think it would be awesome. and i know quite a few 40k fans that are great people. i myself am not some raving loony that throws a fit over everything i see as 'wrong' in 40k or demands things that are unrealistic. i just thought id share my idea of a character that i thought would be a nice addition.

i see vergil as an actually likely character to make it in, as well as other more well known characters.

also, what was the reference in magicka? i know about the chainsword in dungeon defenders.

Message 20 of 22 (22 Views)
0 Likes