Dec 22 2012
By: Ventris765 Monster Hunter 31 posts

Captain Titus from Space Marine?

21 replies 105 views Edited Dec 22, 2012

am i really the only person here who thinks he would be a great addition to the game? sure, space marine may not have been that huge of a game, but this is a character that is literally MADE for fighting. hes a 7 foot tall, genetically enhanced, super human, wears armor that is pretty much the equal of tank armor, has a chainsaw sword, and a gun that fires miniature rockets that explode inside the enemy. i could see him being a big, hard hitting character like big daddy, not so much a comboer, though having average running speed (space marines move faster than normal humans, but that would be a bit unfair in this game).

could probably add in a xenomorph (from the AvP and aliens colonial marines game), which would be a faster, more agile character (like raiden and kat), as his rival.

when it comes to how difficult it would be to get titus, i cant see it being too bad. thq would probably like the idea of more people getting interested in their 40k games, and im sure games workshop (owners of warhammer 40k) would love that more people would be introduced to their table top games.

Captain Titus from Space Marine for PSASBR!
Message 1 of 22 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Re: Captain Titus from Space Marine?

Dec 22, 2012

"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 2 of 22 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

well atleast the first no was humorous.

though seriously, why no? its not like he'd be the first thats not a first party or playstation exclusive character, or the first that isnt as well known as others.

plus, how could you say no to a character that has weapons like these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZjDz5YshEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRmiqaB-Fe4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O3mm0hgbVU

NOTE: i dont know how to post videos directly, only the links.

Message 3 of 22 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Why? Because Space Marine did ab-so-lutely nothing for Sony. Not a slam thing. It was also a boring, mediocre game with a predictable story and terrible characters.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 4 of 22 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Dec 22, 2012
i'll have to disagree with it being a bad game, i really liked it. the story wasnt really that bad or predictable, though it was kinda close to the story of captain uriel ventris, the main character in the ultramarine novels.

nothing to add about the xenomorph idea? atleast that would be a really unique character.

also, ive noticed that vergil is very rarely brought up. why is that?

Message 5 of 22 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9157 posts

Dec 22, 2012
If I see one more character request thread, I'm making a Gabe Logan one. I'm serious.
 photo 8E30DB57-F6ED-4A1B-947E-513276B477EE_zpse5jbdufp.jpg
Message 6 of 22 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Dec 22, 2012
challenge accepted ^
Message 7 of 22 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Really. You didn't see the Hitler looking guy being the traitor the minute he was introduced? Seriously? You weren't dissapointed at all by the repetitive combat and the final boss that was literally only a quicktime event?

And again, Aliens haven't done a slam thing for Playstation. In fact, Aliens is pulling more for Nintendo and the Wii U at the moment.

Also, why would we want Vergil? He's just Dante with floating swords instead of guns and a katana instead of a greatsword. Plus, he wears a fedora in a modern era. Hipster.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 8 of 22 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Dec 22, 2012
*waits for gabe logan request*
Message 9 of 22 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Dec 22, 2012
i figured the inquisitor was up to something, didnt know he was possessed. the boss did kinda disappoint me though. and the combat wasnt really repetitive. it was to the point that you had to kill thing with the same weapons and do finishing moves to gain health, but saying its too repetitive is like saying the same thing for GOW or DMC.

xenomorph was just a crazy idea. i forgot it was going to be on the wiiu.

vergil isnt just dante with a floating swords and a katana. he uses a completely different style and moves. hes more based on speed rather than power, for example. they look the same, but fight differently. and i was more talking about the DMC3 vergil, not the new one.

Message 10 of 22 (61 Views)
0 Likes