Dec 11 2012
By: CalDW19940 I Only Post Everything 1169 posts

Canon Tier List (fun discussion)

[ Edited ]
20 replies 235 views Edited Dec 12, 2012

I just thought of something a little interesting, out of the whole roster of characters in the PSASBR game I was wondering who would be the most powerful of them based on their storylines and feats in their respective games and backstories. Now bare in mind I DON'T have 100% knowledge of all characters and their games (example Spike) So this list is open for debate for those that know enough of the characters Smiley Happy

God Tier - Kratos, Sackboy (he has limitless potential for his abilities and can create planets :L), Evil Cole (as The Beast) Jak (Percurssor)

High Tier - Sir Daniel Fortesque, Good Cole, Evil Cole (normal), Nariko, Dante

Mid Tier - Sweet tooth (inside Sweet Bot), Jak, Ratchet, Heihachi

Low tier - Radec, Sweet Tooth, Spike, Big Daddy, Sly, Nathan Drake, Toro, Raiden

Bottom tier - Fat Princess, PaRappa

Remember this isn't a serious list and open to change and interpretation from others for fun Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 21 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1190 posts

Re: Canon Tier List (fun discussion)

Dec 11, 2012

Move big daddy to middle tier, play Bioshock 2 and youll understand

And that's the Gospel Truth Photobucket
Message 2 of 21 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Heihachi? Canon low tier? Have you ever played Tekken? Li...

Dec 11, 2012

Heihachi? Canon low tier? Have you ever played Tekken? Like, ever? He has been thrown into volcanoes. He has killed demons and monsters alike with his bare hands. He can take down an entire army on his own. I would say Heihachi is high tier.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 3 of 21 (221 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 11, 2012
@Goniloc Using the Prototype Big Daddy that's playable and can use a lot of plasmids doesn't really count, the standard Bouncer big Daddy is a pretty standard enemy in Bioshock that someone using just a shotgun or revolver could take down so people like Radec should be capable of taking him down fairly well which is why I don't think he should be put on the same level as Sweet Bot.

However if it WAS the playable one from Bioshock 2 then yes he'd deserve to be much high but a normal Bouncer Big Daddy I believe is in the low tier, least for me anyway.
Message 4 of 21 (216 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Re: Heihachi? Canon low tier? Have you ever played Tekken? Li...

[ Edited ]
Dec 11, 2012

@Dude5059 Which incarnation of Heihachi? PSASBR's is the younger version of him and I'm pretty sure he didn't do many of these feats till he was much older. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Message 5 of 21 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

For some reason when I first read this I thought it was based on the popularity of their games, but it's not.  So I decided to create the Popularity Tier List!  The characters are grouped together based on the sales of their most popular game of their franchise as reported by vgchartz. (Keep in mind that vgchartz has been quite inaccurate in the past)

God Tier - Heihachi, Raiden, Nathan Drake, Sackboy

High Tier - Kratos, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Dante

Mid Tier - Colonel Radec, Big Daddy, Cole MacGrath, Evil Cole

Low TierSweet Tooth, PaRappa, Sly Cooper, Spike

Bottom Tier - Nariko, Toro, Sir Daniel, Fat Princess

The funny thing is, besides two or three characters in the wrong places, this tier list is almost perfect!  Hahaha!  Unless you guys don't agree

Message 6 of 21 (199 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 12, 2012
@musicfreaklam Toro is immensly popular in Japan since he's the Maskot for the JP PSN and Fat Princess is arguably the most successful indie downloadable game on PS3. MediEvil is pretty popular too, I'd actually say Dante is lower since lots of people are still bugged by his new look :L
Message 7 of 21 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
@musicfreaklam Toro is immensly popular in Japan since he's the Maskot for the JP PSN and Fat Princess is arguably the most successful indie downloadable game on PS3. MediEvil is pretty popular too, I'd actually say Dante is lower since lots of people are still bugged by his new look :L

Like I said, it was based on sales figures only.  Toro's games were only released in Japan so its sales figures aren't as high as the games that were released worldwide.  Also, vgchartz does not report on digital sales, so Fat Princess (and possibly Toro) might be higher on the scale.  The new Dante is still a part of the Devil May Cry franchise in which the first game sold almost 3 million copies worldwide on the PS2; that number being higher than the sales for any of the games and characters below him

Message 8 of 21 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

Sorry musicfreaklam, but if you saw all of the enemies Sir Daniel encountered you wouldn't be putting him in bottom-tier. At all.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 21 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Re: Heihachi? Canon low tier? Have you ever played Tekken? Li...

Dec 12, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:

@Dude5059 Which incarnation of Heihachi? PSASBR's is the younger version of him and I'm pretty sure he didn't do many of these feats till he was much older. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Actually, Cal, this Heihachi is the same Heihachi. He's managed to find the fountain of youth, though. 

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 10 of 21 (159 Views)
0 Likes