Dec 14 2012
By: Vehks Lombax Warrior 169 posts

Can we cut down on the spam?

17 replies 277 views Edited Dec 14, 2012

The main thing I would like to see Superbot do, is cut down on the spam in general. I'm not singling out any character in particular, i'm calling them all out. This is a very Spammy game.

There are are so many one or two button abilities in this game that can be spammed. The thing that makes it so bad though, is that it is so effective. They either have so much power they send you flying or they build AP like it's water, OR BOTH! Have you ever fought a double cole team? Or a sackboy plus drake? what about a Kratos and Raiden? I could go on.

What I suggest is that maybe there be a reduction on AP gain if you only use one or two abilities only. Maybe give the spammy abilities more of a cooldown or recovery time? Remember i'm not singiling out anyone, just about every charcter is to blame.

Anyway, I'm just looking for ideas here something must be done. Last match I played with heavy spam was a gainst an evil cole, not only was he sending out a constant barage of those elctro bombs but if you tried to get above him he's switch off with that trip wire (sorry can't think of the name at the moment.) or if you try to come at him from the ground he would quick charge his crumple into level 1. (that move takes very little time to charge to get awarded a crumple so easy.)

Again, I'm not calling out evil cole, he is just one of the more recent examples i can recall.

Message 1 of 18 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: Can we cut down on the spam?

Dec 14, 2012

You cannot remove spam from a game. That would require a complete overhaul of the game.

You sir, need to learn to beat spam.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 18 (264 Views)
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Spam makes people predictable.

Predictability makes people easy to beat.

What's your problem?

Message 3 of 18 (257 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Then what about the case of that Evile cole, he has just about any direction covered. how do you approach that? And they can easily add a cool down to abilities that can be spammed that does not require an engine overhaul.

Message 4 of 18 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Vehks wrote:

Then what about the case of that Evile cole, he has just about any direction covered. how do you approach that? And they can easily add a cool down to abilities that can be spammed that does not require an engine overhaul.

A cooldown would greatly impact strategy. Your attacking will then be a guessing game. You will tap his electric grenade and it will not be cooled down. Boom, you are dead. That punishes the people who use moves twice and not just the guy using it a hundred times.  It is not spam if it is done one after another.

Message 5 of 18 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Dec 14, 2012

I don't know about you. But I'm now on trial for raping my dodge button.

Message 6 of 18 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Dec 14, 2012
Learn2Defense.

Complain Less. Learn more.
Message 7 of 18 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 14, 2012

"Learn2Defense."

Blocking doesn't help you close distance.

Message 8 of 18 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Vehks wrote:

"Learn2Defense."

Blocking doesn't help you close distance.

Sidestepping does, however.

Message 9 of 18 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

Yeah, side step your way into another spam barrage. Exactly why I suggested a cooldown on certain abilities.

Message 10 of 18 (210 Views)
0 Likes