Dec 14 2012
By: Devilcry_ger First Son 6 posts

Can't play ranked games.

14 replies 830 views Edited Dec 14, 2012

Hey,

i have already played a lot of online matches but i was not able to play even one ranked game.

I tried at least about 10 times every day the last weeks and it is always the same. I lose connection before or when the match starts. Sometimes the graphics and the sound glitch before I lose the connection. These problems don't occur in normal online matches, only in ranked ones. I get an error message with a random Code (it changes every time) and something like "Lost connection to the host".

Does anyone else have these problems? What could I do?

Message 1 of 15 (830 Views)
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Re: Can't play ranked games.

Dec 15, 2012

I'm not sure I have the same problem.

Do you use wifi? I heard changing from AES to TKIP fixes the problem. Though I haven't tried it. I've gotten ranked matches but I often have the same problem you are having.

I also play on the Vita which is where I found that possible solution.

Message 2 of 15 (808 Views)
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I use Wifi with WPA2 and AES. I tried TKIP but it didn't work either. I only play on PS3, I don't have a Vita to try it there. I never had problems with the connection in any PS3-game before and I'm wondering that it's only in ranked matches. What's the technical difference between normal and ranked? I would be glad to hear more possible solutions.

Message 3 of 15 (791 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Yeah I tried as well and I'm having a little more trouble with Ranked matches than quick matches.

Message 4 of 15 (780 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Dec 17, 2012

Since yesterday, I have the same problem. The day before, it was fine. Now I loose the connection to the host about 80% of the time when the arena is introduced. It always says error code 0000 - 0025 or 0001 - 0025 or 0002 - 0025

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 5 of 15 (776 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
310 posts

Dec 18, 2012

I've been having the exact same errors on screen and error code. Problem is (which I just posted it in a new thread), that every time you loose the connection, if you already have rank points, you keep loosing cause your character still gets beaten in the game. In my example, I was in green belt 58 and no I'm 30 and I lost ALL of those points by the faulty connection and not by actually fighting. And I have no idea if there is a way to fix this. It's really getting on my nerve (Just like in the beginning of Twisted Metal online play). -_-

Message 6 of 15 (749 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Dec 18, 2012

EarthLunacy wrote:

I've been having the exact same errors on screen and error code. Problem is (which I just posted it in a new thread), that every time you loose the connection, if you already have rank points, you keep loosing cause your character still gets beaten in the game. In my example, I was in green belt 58 and no I'm 30 and I lost ALL of those points by the faulty connection and not by actually fighting. And I have no idea if there is a way to fix this. It's really getting on my nerve (Just like in the beginning of Twisted Metal online play). -_-

There is no way to actually fix this without a patch. I know how you feel.

Message 7 of 15 (745 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 18, 2012
If only a patch can fix this, I hope Superbot knows about this issue and releases a patch soon.
Message 8 of 15 (726 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Dec 18, 2012

When you have a moment could you check the network setting status on your PS3? What NAT type does it report? NAT type 2 is the preferred connection, and if it reports NAT 3 there are ways to change your router to recieve a NAT type 2.

A common solution is to enter your router's DMZ settings and set it so that the PS3 IP address bypasses firewall settings. I know I'm throwing a lot at you right now, so just get back to us when you have the time with any questions or answers.

Message 9 of 15 (718 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Dec 18, 2012

same happens to me i can play 2 vs 2 ranked and quick matches but if i try solo for ranked matches i always get disconnected from the host Smiley Frustrated

Message 10 of 15 (712 Views)
0 Likes