Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Re: Can't play ranked games.

Dec 18, 2012

Mind_Less wrote:

When you have a moment could you check the network setting status on your PS3? What NAT type does it report? NAT type 2 is the preferred connection, and if it reports NAT 3 there are ways to change your router to recieve a NAT type 2.

A common solution is to enter your router's DMZ settings and set it so that the PS3 IP address bypasses firewall settings. I know I'm throwing a lot at you right now, so just get back to us when you have the time with any questions or answers.

I have the same problem, my NAT type is 2.

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 11 of 15 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Dec 18, 2012

DarkErazor wrote:

Mmm, and you can't play at all like the OP?  Because in your case I would just blame bad hosts, my experience hasn't been flawless either, but I've still gotten plenty of games in.

I've gotta go to work, but I've sent you a friend request, we'll play a friendly 1 on 1 if we're both on, if it plays just fine we'll know it's just that you're getting hosts with poor connections.

Message 12 of 15 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Dec 18, 2012

Mind_Less wrote:

DarkErazor wrote:

Mmm, and you can't play at all like the OP?  Because in your case I would just blame bad hosts, my experience hasn't been flawless either, but I've still gotten plenty of games in.

I've gotta go to work, but I've sent you a friend request, we'll play a friendly 1 on 1 if we're both on, if it plays just fine we'll know it's just that you're getting hosts with poor connections.

When I play ranked FFA, about 80% of the time, it immediately loses connection to the host. It seems like the very first game after starting my PS3 works fine, but I'll have to test this some more. I should add that I am currently at the house of my parents, when I'm in my appartement, it works a lot better.

1v1 is possible against some players, with others I can't get a match started, I'll add you later.

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 13 of 15 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
6 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 18, 2012

Mind_Less wrote:

When you have a moment could you check the network setting status on your PS3? What NAT type does it report? NAT type 2 is the preferred connection, and if it reports NAT 3 there are ways to change your router to recieve a NAT type 2.

A common solution is to enter your router's DMZ settings and set it so that the PS3 IP address bypasses firewall settings. I know I'm throwing a lot at you right now, so just get back to us when you have the time with any questions or answers.

It reports NAT type 2 and my router-firewall is already configured that my PS3 bypasses the firewall settings. That is why I'm asking here, i already did everything I could but maybe I overlook something that is not so usual.

Message 14 of 15 (169 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 8, 2013

I've done all of these and nothing work, the Nat, the DMZ... I played the BETA and works almost without problems, but with the final version of the game I just cant find or play a Ranked Match. The patch released a weeks ago didnt help at all. It's a little frustating =/

Message 15 of 15 (96 Views)
0 Likes