Nov 21 2012
By: agent1159 First Son 2 posts

Can't get vita to play with ps3

15 replies 1459 views Edited Nov 21, 2012

I can't seem to get the ps3 and vita seeing each other for wifi local multiplayer. I was trying to offset the lack of controllers with the vita so family can play togetherfriending the invite list, only my friends show up, not the vita.

They are both on the same account (mine)

What am I missing? 

Message 1 of 16 (1,459 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Can't get vita to play with ps3

Nov 21, 2012

Hi there,

I'm having the same probleme here

I remember seeing demo on E3 where ppl can play on same game with different console in real time

but I couldnt do it with my vita with my ps3

hopefully someone could help with this

Message 2 of 16 (1,447 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 21, 2012

I've heard it doesn't work with the same account. Which is a total bummer if its true. 

Check out my video game blog: http://pixeltrowel.wordpress.com
I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 3 of 16 (1,444 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 21, 2012
wew?
then how can I play with my vita and console at the same time?
Message 4 of 16 (1,441 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 21, 2012

AnakMuda wrote:
wew?
then how can I play with my vita and console at the same time?

Beats me. I really wanted to  as well.

I don't regurgitate, I provide valuable opinion. Delve into video games with me.
Message 5 of 16 (1,439 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 21, 2012
There might be something you can do, because I remember the psp being able to be a controller too, but I didn't know how to make it work.

If you're trying to play online, you will probably need to make a new account on your vita, because I don't think it allows for multiple sign ins and allowing you play two different games at the same time..

Though I don't know. If you're not in "tournament" mode I don't think you'd be able to play with the vita online.

Not sure, I'm probably 100% wrong here but hope it helps.
Message 6 of 16 (1,437 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:
There might be something you can do, because I remember the psp being able to be a controller too, but I didn't know how to make it work.

If you're trying to play online, you will probably need to make a new account on your vita, because I don't think it allows for multiple sign ins and allowing you play two different games at the same time..

Though I don't know. If you're not in "tournament" mode I don't think you'd be able to play with the vita online.

Not sure, I'm probably 100% wrong here but hope it helps.

You can play online with a Vita but you can't join your own game. So what SuperBot means is that if your friends own a vita (unlikey) they can join your PS3 game and play from the bathroom while you sit on the couch. 

This sucks, because:

1. None of my friends own a vita

2. Only one other friend owns All-Stars

Message 7 of 16 (1,433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 21, 2012

That does suck that has to be a separate account. I wouldn't have bought it then. The only time I'll even use it is when family are over and you'd think with an wifi option to invite friends that maybe just make someone would want to use the vita as an extra "controller".

Bummer that I already redeemed the code or I'd sell it

Sadly it's starting to really feel like the vita was a waste and most likely will be selling it soon. Shame too bc cross buy, saves, and play should be easy and awesome
Message 8 of 16 (1,423 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
309 posts

Nov 21, 2012

agent1159 wrote:

That does suck that has to be a separate account. I wouldn't have bought it then. The only time I'll even use it is when family are over and you'd think with an wifi option to invite friends that maybe just make someone would want to use the vita as an extra "controller".

Bummer that I already redeemed the code or I'd sell it

Sadly it's starting to really feel like the vita was a waste and most likely will be selling it soon. Shame too bc cross buy, saves, and play should be easy and awesome

I still love my VIta. I travel a lot and take my games on road. Now I have All Stars to take as well as all the PS+ games! Thats only a minor bummer, but I have more than enough controllers for when friends come over. 

Message 9 of 16 (1,416 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 21, 2012
I went to a friends house and played on my vita while he was on the ps3. The cross-play and save works perfectly. Why did you spend $300 if all you wanted was a controller?
Message 10 of 16 (1,408 Views)
0 Likes