Oct 18 2012
By: Asis_aka_Talent Wastelander 768 posts

Calling all decent to great Sly's....

12 replies 308 views Edited Oct 18, 2012

I want to say right off the bat Sly is not the same as he once was... It seems superbot balanced him and tweeted some things.  I want this thread to be about how to use this updated Sly more effectively.  Meaning what is the best combo to use right now and how much ap does it build?  And other things like strats and what not.  I have been playing sly for a while and its not the easiest thing in the world.  So i ask anyone and everyone that knwos something about sly to share the wealth!

Thanks

YT: DatTeamAxcel for all my latest PSAS related content. I upload everything FFAs 2v2 1v1, Combo & How to Videos, and Player and character breakdowns.
Message 1 of 13 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Re: Calling all decent to great Sly's....

Oct 18, 2012

Tweaks and all, I am able to hold my own with Sly, it's just a matter of HOW you use him, I normally don't use his circle attacks at all (only a few times), his forward Circle move is great for level 1 setups, his forward Triangle really adds up quite a bit for AP, also even though I don't use it myself but his invisible block can be useful in avoiding supers at times, the only time where I chose Sly and ended up using Kratos for some unknown reason, even with I used the level 3, I could not find Sly at all when he was using his invisible block (note you can still be killed if the super hits you)

Me, I'm using Sly, it really doesn't matter for me if he ends up being the worst character in the roster, when I first played the game I used Sly (Back in July mind you) and once I got my first win in my first ever match, I knew that Sly was indeed my Character to use

Message 2 of 13 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Oct 18, 2012
I dunno if he had this before.. but he does a can slam sometimes when I am practicing the art of Mashing The Square button... he can also charge his down square attack. His down square attack also no longer "Crumples" the opponent instead causes a small juggle. His smokeball no longer crumples and instead messes up the opponents controls. They also nerfed his lvl 2, it used to be my "Go To" Super... but now I rely on my lvl 1... I also think they may have 'Buffed" his lvl 1. Lastly they switched his O and Up O around... so now up O is the barrel and O is his counter
Message 3 of 13 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Oct 18, 2012

See thats what im talking about.  That loyality is impressive and yeah i can agree its great to hide from level threes...  But i often find myself at times in the middle of a match not knowing what i should do to gain meter.  Its tricky because he has so many moves that are unique to whats going on.  I tell you what though i think he will be a beast in one on ones just because of his counter which is my fav move in the game right now im just trying to figure out how to get more ap for a landed counter and ideas?

YT: DatTeamAxcel for all my latest PSAS related content. I upload everything FFAs 2v2 1v1, Combo & How to Videos, and Player and character breakdowns.
Message 4 of 13 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

Oct 18, 2012

yeah bro thanks for that udate i noticed things were different and im kinda glad they got rid of alot of crumbles those things can break the game.  and with all this new stuff its just kinda crazy trying to put all this tech into work.  I think i should focus on one move a day and try to learn how to use it well like teleport.  I think this move is better than a block button and its good for chasing tech rolls and going for grab I have had alot of luck with that.  considering most of slys stuff grounds the oppenent i figure going for some tricky set ups after would be good to get the person your up against to be careful of blocking in which opens up for teleport to combo you kno?

Message 5 of 13 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Yeah I have noticed that they tweaked his level 2 Super (a little slower than last time when I played the demo at Comic-Con), and yes indeed when saying level 1 is the go to super right now, if you time it right and being at the right spot, you can get 2 to 3 kills with it (I still only get 1 kill), still his level 2 can be great in a clustered situation, nabbed 3 kills when everyone was in the same spot, haven't had a chance to use his level 3 (maybe I'll try it out one day)

Still I would have like for the beta to give a least a couple more characters (really want to try out Ratchet and Clank as well)

Message 6 of 13 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2012

You have to abuse his teleport... abuse his forward circle in air... get backstabs off as much as possible whether you get behind them while invisible or alarm clock them... invisible level 1s are the way to go. Set things up with your down circle and switch their controls around when you can. Also his parry leads to a free backstab.
I go invisiblemake it look like im going one way then turn around and go for a backstab/combo on someone the opposite direction. I usually play 2v2s because sly doesn't fit into FFA as well as someone like kratos where they don't have to play such an in and out playstyle

Note that all his moves are great for mobility even if you don;t use them in combat. I'm cloaked most of the time unless I come out to play mindgames

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 7 of 13 (201 Views)
Splicer
44 posts

Oct 18, 2012

FroZiiiN wrote:

You have to abuse his teleport... abuse his forward circle in air... get backstabs off as much as possible whether you get behind them while invisible or alarm clock them... invisible level 1s are the way to go. Set things up with your down circle and switch their controls around when you can. Also his parry leads to a free backstab.
I go invisiblemake it look like im going one way then turn around and go for a backstab/combo on someone the opposite direction. I usually play 2v2s because sly doesn't fit into FFA as well as someone like kratos where they don't have to play such an in and out playstyle

Note that all his moves are great for mobility even if you don;t use them in combat. I'm cloaked most of the time unless I come out to play mindgames

How exactly do you backstab?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 13 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 18, 2012

Neutral Square 2x when you're behind someone. It gains a massive amount of AP AS WELL as steals some of theirs. And if you arent behind them you start with down square

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 9 of 13 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Oct 18, 2012

Good to know about attacking from behind, thanks for the tip

Message 10 of 13 (168 Views)
0 Likes