Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 03/04/2011
Offline
1746 posts
 

Re: COS-117's PSASBR FFA TIER LIST

Dec 9, 2012

I disagree with Raiden having his own tier. The fact that in ranked FFA, the majority of Raiden's suck has an impact if you're basing it off this. But even if just pure potential, I wouldn't say Raiden has such a large advantage over Kratos, Drake and Sly that he deserves his own tier. Kratos's super may not be that great, but the rate he gains AP negates that fact due to the simple fact that he'll get more supers than anyone else. And in a FFA setting, you don't really need to set up any supers. Stage hazard = free kill. Someone comboing = free kill(s). Drake gets tons of free kills on Raiden/Dante combos in the air. Sly gets free kills in general when people bunch up in the corner.

 

Basically, depending on who you ask, Raiden may have a slight advantage over Kratos, Sly and maybe Drake, but it's not such a huge advantage that he deserves his own tier.

Message 21 of 60 (672 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/30/2012
Offline
1660 posts
 

Re: COS-117's PSASBR FFA TIER LIST

Dec 9, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

x2FKx wrote:
Sir Dan is better than "D tier" I main him; he's amazing if you know how to use him. Yesterday on FFA I got 9 kills and 1 death with Sir Dan.

I wanted to put Sir Dan higher, I truly did because he is one of my favorites. Unfortunately a large chunk of his moves don't cater to being in the middle of a 4 way brawl. His level 1 combo is nice but he can easily be interrupted by someone else during it. His level 2 is quite easy to dodge and I've seen near 0 amounts of his level 3, but I don't see it getting anymore than 5 kills at it's extreme best.


shadow_fire wrote:

Kratos needs to be S tier, Raiden seems more fair in a fight than him.

Dude's a beast.


I agree that Kratos is quite the powerhouse. His attacks scream domination and the simplest square masher can be a rough to fight against. So what's holding him back? His supers. They aren't actually THAT great. His level 1 is very situational, easy to interrupt and has no confirm. His level 2 is pretty good and I feel that is what is really holding him up. His level 3 is just good, it has the potential to get 6+ kills but on average I'll see it get 3, maybe 4.

 

Raiden has an ever so slightly harder time gaining AP than Kratos, but all of his supers are great.


Actually, Kratos does have some really easy confirms. His level 1 does have a confirm, but it's not the easiest thing to pull off. His level 2 has **bleep** easy confirms. 

 

Raiden is better in terms of supers, but I suppose Kratos can get them more often. I also don't really know if Raiden should have his own top tier in terms of FFA. If it were 1v1, I could agree entirely, but in FFA I feel he is equal to some other characters. Still too good, though.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 22 of 60 (667 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/10/2012
Offline
854 posts
 

Re: COS-117's PSASBR FFA TIER LIST

Dec 9, 2012

pb_mal wrote:
Sir Dan is b list. My sir Dan beats every raiden I fight

That's wonderful, good for you!


CalDW19940 wrote:
Jak would have to be much higher, his wholw moveset is designed for FFA, his AP gain on individual targets for some attacks isn't great but that's because of his wide area of effect attacks that can hit multiple targets.

An average Jak player can really control space in FFA when played right.

He has a pretty decent moveset, but I doesn't grants him enough AP when used to it's fullest potential. At least not enough to compete with everyone above him. When he does get the AP he needs, his supers then kind of drop the ball. Though I do agree that he controls space well. I debated with myself whether Jak were to lead D tier or end C tier, but I don't think Jak has enough potential to be listed with Nariko and Spike.


DigidevilUK wrote:

In the context of your explanations ur teiring is correct.

 

However if you take more factors into account than AP gain and supers it would make more sense.

 

Big daddy is in my oppinion the worst character.

Jak can be played to devastating effect, his low AP gain is a side-effect of this. His level 3 trumps all similar ones in each speed and range.

Sir Dan builds AP very fast and has super simple Super setups.

 

and ofc Kratos belongs in S teir because, lets face it... he builds AP fasts and his supers kick **bleep**.


What other factors am I missing, what would you add? Big Daddy is far from the worst, I believe he is one of the best at taking advantage of poor positioning and he really capitalizes when he is given the opportunity.

Message 23 of 60 (665 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/18/2012
Offline
2105 posts
 

Re: COS-117's PSASBR FFA TIER LIST

Dec 9, 2012
Ratchet and radec on the same tier? I'd place ratchet on a higher tier. Radec is one of the most map dependent characters.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 24 of 60 (656 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/10/2012
Offline
854 posts
 

Re: COS-117's PSASBR FFA TIER LIST

Dec 9, 2012

PeroDag wrote:

Sly A tier? Ha. He needs to be in S tier with Raiden. Sly has way too many options. The fact that you can use your level one while invisible and the fact that you cant hit him out of it, just proves how broken he is. Along with that when he is invisible he is nearly impossible to see because there are so many dark stages! And since your so focused on your own character you wont see him coming.


The only thing holding Sly back from being S tier is his lack of defense. His stealth and counter abilities don't outweigh the lack of block and dodging options enough to have a top of the line defense. Sly is a lot easier to see than people like to think, as well.


harley2947 wrote:

I think Parappa is A Teir. i played you in a random ranked FFA match last night. I won I think. Lol


Why? I need explanations, people! (Also no, neither of us did. The Nariko I should have paid more attention to did)


Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

Really?  None of these tier lists will never be takken serious without an F-Tier.  Every list people have made on this site so far don't matter because they don't have an F-Tier.


I felt the same way. I really didn't want to put out a list without an F tier because it just felt incomplete. The more I thought about it though, the more I thought that there is no real F quality characters. When I think of F tier, I think they have almost no place being involved what so ever. No character in the roster is so outclassed or horrible that they cannot be effective.

 

As for your list, I'm going to have to disagree with 3 points.

 

1. No F tier, sorry.

2. I know you love Dante and are dying for him to be better, but he is actually not that bad at all. His supers are good and his AP gain is quite solid as well.

3. I don't see Heihachi being anywhere above D. He has a horrible time holding his own in FFA and his supers are painfully hit or miss.

Message 25 of 60 (655 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/10/2012
Offline
854 posts
 

Re: COS-117's PSASBR FFA TIER LIST

Dec 9, 2012

dragonsroc wrote:

I disagree with Raiden having his own tier. The fact that in ranked FFA, the majority of Raiden's suck has an impact if you're basing it off this. But even if just pure potential, I wouldn't say Raiden has such a large advantage over Kratos, Drake and Sly that he deserves his own tier. Kratos's super may not be that great, but the rate he gains AP negates that fact due to the simple fact that he'll get more supers than anyone else. And in a FFA setting, you don't really need to set up any supers. Stage hazard = free kill. Someone comboing = free kill(s). Drake gets tons of free kills on Raiden/Dante combos in the air. Sly gets free kills in general when people bunch up in the corner.

 

Basically, depending on who you ask, Raiden may have a slight advantage over Kratos, Sly and maybe Drake, but it's not such a huge advantage that he deserves his own tier.


This is exactly what I was afraid of. S tier makes Raiden look like he is much much better than everyone else when that is not the case. It is not that Raiden is a whole lot better than the A tier, it is that the A tier is just an inch away from being S tier. Raiden has that necessary inch.


Dude5059 wrote:

Actually, Kratos does have some really easy confirms. His level 1 does have a confirm, but it's not the easiest thing to pull off. His level 2 has **bleep** easy confirms. 

 

Raiden is better in terms of supers, but I suppose Kratos can get them more often. I also don't really know if Raiden should have his own top tier in terms of FFA. If it were 1v1, I could agree entirely, but in FFA I feel he is equal to some other characters. Still too good, though.


In the topic of confirms I was referring only to his level 1, though I was not aware there was a confirm. ^ for Raiden tier explanation.


Tekn0tize wrote:
Ratchet and radec on the same tier? I'd place ratchet on a higher tier. Radec is one of the most map dependent characters.

I agree. I think I was a little hasty on Radec's placement and a repositioning is definitely in order.

Message 26 of 60 (642 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/19/2012
Offline
29 posts
 

Re: COS-117's PSASBR FFA TIER LIST

Dec 10, 2012
Sly is S

Ratchet and Clank is A

Everything else is good
Message 27 of 60 (615 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/10/2012
Offline
854 posts
 

Re: COS-117's PSASBR FFA TIER LIST

Dec 11, 2012

Updated! Sackboy now placed and minor moves for Radec, Dante, and Evil Cole.

Message 28 of 60 (560 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 12/05/2012
Offline
39 posts
 

Re: COS-117's PSASBR FFA TIER LIST

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

Since I didn't see anyone explain it, Kratos L1 confirm is with down O. Charge it on ground and level 1 will catch them from any distance. Time it right in the air and same thing, but closer. I think it comes out faster than Raiden's L1 if in super-close range, for whatever that's worth.

Also nice list. A bit surprised at Heihachi, but I see him so rarely and Kuma's so random sometimes that I couldn't say otherwise anyway. 

Message 29 of 60 (544 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 08/10/2012
Offline
854 posts
 

Re: COS-117's PSASBR FFA TIER LIST

Dec 12, 2012

Jnkolm wrote:

Since I didn't see anyone explain it, Kratos L1 confirm is with down O. Charge it on ground and level 1 will catch them from any distance. Time it right in the air and same thing, but closer. I think it comes out faster than Raiden's L1 if in super-close range, for whatever that's worth.

Also nice list. A bit surprised at Heihachi, but I see him so rarely and Kuma's so random sometimes that I couldn't say otherwise anyway. 


Thank you for explaining. I feel really silly for not knowing that, it's pretty obvious. Though no one seems to use it.

Message 30 of 60 (532 Views)
Reply
0 Likes