Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Re: COS-117's PSASBR FFA TIER LIST (UPDATED 12/11)

Jan 10, 2013
I must say that this is a great list, but when it comes to Heihachi, I have to agree with Catacyst. Heihachi's level one hit confirm is simple to pull off when the other fighters don't have all of their attention on you. Kuma also makes a very good Level 2, especially for FFA. Saying his supers are hit or miss? Sorry, but I have to disagree.
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 60 (539 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 14, 2013
Spike needs to be at least a B his level one can get a triple with timing and work and his two is a easy trip if timed right and his level three a instant triple and like his rival parrapa builds AP like a boss u just need to know how to use him
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 60 (505 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Jan 16, 2013

With all of this tier list talk, how about an UPDATE!

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 60 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 16, 2013

I think ratchet is more of a tier B character. His lvl 2 and lvl 3 are average or below average at best. His lvl 1 has few setups and leave him vulnerable to a counter super and most combos. He is somewhat stage dependant, in that stages that have many platforms and tilted ground levels tend to screw him over. Stages such as Hades, (when the stage changes the terrain to create hidey holes that ratchet can't easily invade and require him to enter to use his lvl 1) Dreamscape, Sandover Village, Stowaways, and Blackrock Stadium are poor stages for ratchet.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 60 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Jan 16, 2013
I agree with Sandover being a poor stage for Ratchet, I was going 1v1 against a Radec and we both kept easily avoiding one another not being able to build any significant meter. he ended up quitting the match lol.
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 60 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Re: COS-117's PSASBR FFA TIER LIST (UPDATED 1/16)

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

Logged in for the first time on this site just to ask for some corrections for sly cooper and jak.

I have sly at level 323+ and he is easily my most used character and in my opinion he is definitely and S tier character. First off, his invisibility lets him DESTROY in a free-for-all. People don't have time to keep track of Sly while worrying about the other two players and that's what lets him hit and run very effectively. His up triangle is essentially the best dodge in the game. Not only will it let you teleport behind someone and steal 40 ap (assuming you're invisible) but it also can be aimed for great mobility, even when in the air. His counter also lets him teleport behind enemies regardless of where they are. This lets Sly dominate mid to long range characters because projectile type moves are easier to see coming. His level super is one of the best (if not the single) level one in the game. It has more range than the R.Y.N.O. that ratchet uses and is unavoidable if used after a counter, alarm clock, or well timed air rail slide. (assuming your opponent is on the ground and facing you). It also impossible to interrupt. If Sly is hit Murray will still keep going and kill what's in his way. Combined with his invisibility you can get a kill when people don't even realize you're there (speaking from experience). Another thing, Sly only needs about 125 AP (last I checked) to get to his level 1 compared to most characters 150. Sly can also dominate 1v1 thanks to his teleport, counter, and AP steal, along with his mobility. I know Sly can't block but to be honest he doesn't need to. With a smart, aggressive play style you will dominate. Final point about Sly. He can easily take down Nathan Drake and handle his own again Raiden (Kratos is more difficult due to that forward square). Anyone who's played arcade mode on the hardest difficulty knows that Sly can destroy Nathan Drake. Not sure how much match-ups influence this tier list but I figured I should note it.

The only thing I ask about Jak is why is he C rank? He has few combos that leave him wide open if they miss, his distance attacks don't build much AP (that crappy up triangle will only net him 5 >_>), his forward triangle won't knock enemies back unless he lands all three hits, and his level one super isn't that impressive. I think he should be switched with Hiehachi (who isn't that bad. He has a few combo vids and a great level 2. His level one can be combo into with his aerial double palm (can't remember it's name)).

I could also talk about Nariko (she doesnn't get as much love/attention as she deserves) but this has been long enough.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 60 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
408 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Radec should easily be in S tier by himself. That level 1 is too good.
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 60 (349 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

LaowPing wrote:

[Massive Sly post that I read through, also touching on Jak]

I can agree that when Sly uses all of these tools that you listed effectively he is a force to be reckoned with. What is keeping him out of S? He lacks a hard presence that Kratos, Raiden, and Nathan Drake have. I hope I make sense when I explain this: With the S tier characters, you see them and you go after them because you want them to do poorly and that it what they want. A good player playing Sly would also want this so they can capitalize, but as of now Sly's aren't given that treatment. From what I gather most people see Sly and think "He's invis let me go hit someone I see" and he tends to get almost ignored depending on how the player uses their stealth. This leaves Sly's often playing a chase game, which is still great, but compared to the S tier crew that are getting kills thrown at them it falls just a tiny bit behind.

tl;dr: The only thing holding Sly back from S tier is the style of play FFA currently sees. I'd hate to make it sound this simple but, it's a kill race and Sly vs. S tier, he's going to fall short.

As for Jak, I completely disagree. There has currently been an influx of Jak's and they've proven to be quite the force. His air game is pretty good and certainly enough to cause for trouble, proper super management and he's almost ready to keep up with the big boys.

As for Nariko, I'm holding off until my next update to truly visit her place. I think a while after Kat/Emmett release should give enough insite as to where she stands.

ALSO UPDATED!

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 60 (336 Views)
Wastelander
814 posts

Re: COS-117's PSASBR FFA TIER LIST

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Raiden is quite average in FFA. In order for him to do much, his opponent's must be grounded, and then on top of that, FFA ensures that even when he does hit, it won't be for very much. Maybe low A tier.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 60 (225 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Re: COS-117's PSASBR FFA TIER LIST

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Myztyrio wrote:

Raiden is quite average in FFA. In order for him to do much, his opponent's must be grounded, and then on top of that, FFA ensures that even when he does hit, it won't be for very much. Maybe low A tier.

Thanks for the bump, mate. I'll have a better reply to this soon.

Updating this list has been set back because I'm having an issue downloading the latest patch, so I can't play the game. Hopefully I can fix it soon and update this list with official spots for Kat, Emmett, and anyone else who's seen some change.

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 60 (219 Views)
0 Likes