Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Re: COS-117's PSASBR 2v2 TIER LIST

Dec 19, 2012
In 2 v 2's Dan can serve as a support character, bunching the enemies up for his opponent setup team-super kills or even to keep the opponents bundled in the corner if played right. His ranged attacks can keep players at bay while his partner can rush in at close range. He's extremely useful if you end up in a match with one or both opponents as Radec as his armored and projectile absorbing abilities come in great use. His Level 2 when used correctly can also nab 2 kills almost every time with proper setup. And god help you if he gets his level 3 depending on the stage (and with the partner's assistance). It's extremely possible for Dan to build a lvl 3 super quickly thanks to his fast AP gain. Dan was made for a team battle as his moves can box in or distract other players as well as able to perform strong team abilities with most of the roster. Ex. Evil Cole + Dan, Sweet Tooth +Dan, etc.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 45 (530 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Dec 19, 2012
mother of god take off dan from d tier seriously...
Message 12 of 45 (528 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Dec 19, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:
In 2 v 2's Dan can serve as a support character, bunching the enemies up for his opponent setup team-super kills or even to keep the opponents bundled in the corner if played right. His ranged attacks can keep players at bay while his partner can rush in at close range. He's extremely useful if you end up in a match with one or both opponents as Radec as his armored and projectile absorbing abilities come in great use. His Level 2 when used correctly can also nab 2 kills almost every time with proper setup. And god help you if he gets his level 3 depending on the stage (and with the partner's assistance). It's extremely possible for Dan to build a lvl 3 super quickly thanks to his fast AP gain. Dan was made for a team battle as his moves can box in or distract other players as well as able to perform strong team abilities with most of the roster. Ex. Evil Cole + Dan, Sweet Tooth +Dan, etc.

This is how I envison Sir Dan should be. From my experience of playing and watching Sir Dan in 2v2's, this is unfortunately never the case. He has many wonderful tools but seems to get bullied/tossed around when singled out and fails to use his abilities to the fullest potential unless he is being completely ignored. This could fall under the same possibility as Radec being: I've just been bombarded with bad Dan's, but until I see him actually workign the way you have described, he's stuck in the place he is in now.

Note that I fully believe Dan could be capable of all of this given how much SB is insisting that he is a great character, I'm just waiting to see it happen.

Message 13 of 45 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

The thing is, 2 V 2 is not about 1 guy against 2 others. It's teamwork to defeat the two. Dan may not be able to handle two on his own so well (depending on player skill) but with support from his teammate it makes him more effective. Hence why I just said teamwork is a must to win 2 v 2s.

Message 14 of 45 (506 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 19, 2012
I dunno about Dan being that low, his axe can really help cover himself and his team mate as well as setup for combos, his fire breath helps to control space also and build AP even faster than he already does and his charge attack is a good way to save someone from a combo thanks to it's armor.

Jak also seems a little low too, his attacks are amazing for controlling space and he is designed to be able to attacked grouped up enemies so can be good for backing up a team mate fighting at close range.

The rest I think are mostly right. Big Daddy still has the potential to be an unstoppable force if he has a support character covering him when he tries to get in close so I imagine a lot of Big DaddyXRadec or Big DaddyXRatchet being very very effective teams.
Message 15 of 45 (495 Views)
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Thought 2v2 is not about that as a whole, it still plays a good part. There will never be a situation where the entire match will be a coordinated team effort, at some point someone will be tossed away and the other will be left with two. Splitting up a pair is teamwork, this is where being able to handle the situation and regroup becomes a big factor.

Message 16 of 45 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

Thought 2v2 is not about that as a whole, it still plays a good part. There will never be a situation where the entire match will be a coordinated team effort, at some point someone will be tossed away and the other will be left with two. Splitting up a pair is teamwork, this is where being able to handle the situation and regroup becomes a big factor.

Dan does have a learning curve though. Keep in mind people are still trying to figure out just what makes him tick. The potential is there, it's the skill required that varies Dan's abilities. If he is outnumbered, he uses his shield/hammer as an effective way to give him breathing room. But if he's sent flying he can easily cover distance with his charge. 

Message 17 of 45 (484 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Dec 19, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
Jak also seems a little low too, his attacks are amazing for controlling space and he is designed to be able to attacked grouped up enemies so can be good for backing up a team mate fighting at close range.

This I somewhat agree with and plan to revisit. I'm honestly a little surprised in myself that I put Jak so low because I feel he offers a lot. If you check back in the near future there should be a change.

Message 18 of 45 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
377 posts

Dec 19, 2012
lol Raiden isn't top tier in doubles.

that's coming from a Raiden main... i'd rather fight raiden in doubles then kratos
Message 19 of 45 (476 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Dec 19, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:

Dan does have a learning curve though. Keep in mind people are still trying to figure out just what makes him tick. The potential is there, it's the skill required that varies Dan's abilities. 

Exactly what I said before. I believe he is capable, but as of now Sir Dan's aren't showing up to the occasion. Until a successful strategy is concieved and consistantly exectuted, Dan stays where he is.

Message 20 of 45 (474 Views)
0 Likes