Dec 18 2012
By: COS-117 I Only Post Everything 854 posts

COS-117's PSASBR 2v2 TIER LIST (UPDATED)

[ Edited ]
44 replies 1194 views Edited Dec 19, 2012

Note that this list only depicts my opinion of how effective each character is in a 2v2 setting and should not be referred to for other fields of play. This list is open to change as play styles adapt, players learn, and changes are made.

S Tier: Nathan Drake, Raiden, Sly Cooper

A Tier: Fat Princess, Evil Cole MacGrath, Kratos, Ratchet and Clank, Sackboy, Toro, Cole MacGrath, Parappa

B Tier: Dante, Nariko, Big Daddy, Spike, Sweet Tooth, Jak and Daxter

C TierHeihachi Mishima

D Tier: Sir Daniel Fortesque, Colonel Radec

TBP Tier: Kat, Emmett Graves

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tier Explanation

S tier: These characters can generate AP very well, have extremely efficient supers, mesh really well with most of the roster, and can effectively control an opponent.

A tier: These characters can generate AP well, have efficient supers, can mesh well with most of the roster, and can hold their own against an opponent.

B tier: These characters can do all that A tier characters can but just not AS efficiently, or really excel in one or two of the listed traits.

C tier: These characters either have a more difficult time generating AP, have average supers, or lack good partner chemistry but can be effective in certain matchups.

D tier: These characters cannot generate AP as well as the other characters, lack supers that are effective enough to keep up with the rest of the cast, or have poor chemistry with the bulk of the roster but can be effective in a few matchups.

To Be Placed tier: These characters have either been newly released, have undergone a change, or are just difficult to truly understand their place and will be placed once a solid opinion has been made.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATES

12/18/12: Tier list published.

12/19/12: Characters moved:

Sly Cooper moved from A to the end of S.

Kratos moved higher in A.

Toro moved from B to A.

Jak and Daxter moved from C to the end of B.

Any comments, questions, or suggestions are welcome. If you feel a character has been misplaced please feel free to elaborate on why so we can all come to an understanding.

I will be releasing a 1v1 tier list in the near future, so look out for that. Thanks for reading! Smiley Happy

Check out my FFA Tier List: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/COS-117-s-PSASBR-FFA-TIER-LIST-U...

Message 1 of 45 (1,194 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1025 posts

Re: COS-117's PSASBR 2v2 TIER LIST

Dec 18, 2012
Perhaps D is just too low a tier? I play Radec a lot and I don't seem to have much trouble in 2v2s generating AP. and this is without much reliance on his rifle. As for Dan, I'll let a Dan player speak for him.
Message 2 of 45 (1,176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Dec 18, 2012
I also don't really agree with Radec being D tier. Although his sniper rifle ejects opponents and can mess up your teammates combo, the main strength is that it, combined with his other ranged attacks, keep the enemy team off you and your ally.

In any case, I would pair Sackboy in the same tier as Radec, wherever that may be.

Complain Less. Learn more.
Message 3 of 45 (1,170 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Dec 18, 2012

From what I've played and watched, I've rarely seen Radec fare well in 2v2. Perhaps I've just witnessed an abundance of bad Radec's? Given his moves I could understand why I've seen him do poorly, but I'll give it some more thought.

Message 4 of 45 (1,166 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 18, 2012

My main man Sweet Tooth still getting the shaft just like on your FFA tier list. Bottom of B tier...sad clown is sad.

Not sure if I would personally place him any higher despite maining him though...

Message 5 of 45 (1,164 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Dec 18, 2012

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

My main man Sweet Tooth still getting the shaft just like on your FFA tier list. Bottom of B tier...sad clown is sad.

Not sure if I would personally place him any higher despite maining him though...

Sorry. I love the clown and would put him higher if I thought he deserved it, but as of now I don't see it happening. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 45 (1,157 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Dec 18, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

From what I've played and watched, I've rarely seen Radec fare well in 2v2. Perhaps I've just witnessed an abundance of bad Radec's? Given his moves I could understand why I've seen him do poorly, but I'll give it some more thought.

I've rarely seen a Radec fare well in 2v2 as well.  I'd probably think him deserving of C tier... or C+ if there was such a thing.  Haha.  I personally feel that a good Radec cannot outrun Raiden's speed or Drake's guns and explosives, despite all of his gadgets.

But I am eagerly waiting to be pleasantly surprised.  =)

Complain Less. Learn more.
Message 7 of 45 (1,152 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 18, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

Sorry. I love the clown and would put him higher if I thought he deserved it, but as of now I don't see it happening. Smiley Sad

In a way though, I've always thought of Sweet Tooth as a very good 2vs2 character. He seems versatile enough to where he can support any playstyle. Maybe it is just me that makes the character perform so well in 2vs2. I have a black belt and am the highest ranked Sweet Tooth as of right now (rank 18 I believe?). Last time I checked, I have about 150 wins and about 12 losses (most of them due to bugs...not bragging). Still...sometimes I feel as though Sweet Tooth takes serious work.

I really don't know if I should try to argue to have Sweet Tooth higher than some characters (like Big Daddy and Dante) or just to keep him where he is. I just don't know right now...

Message 8 of 45 (1,148 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Dec 18, 2012

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

In a way though, I've always thought of Sweet Tooth as a very good 2vs2 character. He seems versatile enough to where he can support any playstyle. Maybe it is just me that makes the character perform so well in 2vs2. I have a black belt and am the highest ranked Sweet Tooth as of right now (rank 18 I believe?). Last time I checked, I have about 150 wins and about 12 losses (most of them due to bugs...not bragging). Still...sometimes I feel as though Sweet Tooth takes serious work.

I really don't know if I should try to argue to have Sweet Tooth higher than some characters (like Big Daddy and Dante) or just to keep him where he is. I just don't know right now...

If you feel Sweet Tooth isn't properly placed PLEASE fight to have him moved as you see it. I love any and all input and will take it all into consideration.

Message 9 of 45 (1,143 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Dec 18, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

COS-117 wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

If you feel Sweet Tooth isn't properly placed PLEASE fight to have him moved as you see it. I love any and all input and will take it all into consideration.

I need to think about this. Like I said, I'm conflicted as to whether or not Sweet Tooth is in the correct position or he deserves to be higher.

Message 10 of 45 (1,124 Views)
0 Likes