I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Re: COS-117's PSASBR 2v2 TIER LIST

Dec 19, 2012
Also why on earth is Radec at D? Radec is the absolute best at long range so he should be one of the best support characters in the game and his partner should be able to keep enemies away from doing him harm, both his supers are a good threat too for 2vs2. My previously coined Big Daddy and Radec setup works wonders (Radec being treated like a little sister where by if you go near him Big Daddy will come a charging in a rage :L)
Message 21 of 45 (250 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Renegade_TX2000 wrote:
lol Raiden isn't top tier in doubles.

that's coming from a Raiden main... i'd rather fight raiden in doubles then kratos

Care to elaborate on why?

Message 22 of 45 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Dec 19, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:

Dan does have a learning curve though. Keep in mind people are still trying to figure out just what makes him tick. The potential is there, it's the skill required that varies Dan's abilities. 

Exactly what I said before. I believe he is capable, but as of now Sir Dan's aren't showing up to the occasion. Until a successful strategy is concieved and consistantly exectuted, Dan stays where he is.

Times like these where I wish I taped my 2 V 2's with my brother. -_-;

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 45 (243 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Dec 19, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
Also why on earth is Radec at D? Radec is the absolute best at long range so he should be one of the best support characters in the game and his partner should be able to keep enemies away from doing him harm, both his supers are a good threat too for 2vs2. My previously coined Big Daddy and Radec setup works wonders (Radec being treated like a little sister where by if you go near him Big Daddy will come a charging in a rage :L)

As I stated earlier, I have never seen a Radec truly succeed in a 2v2. His range is very stage dependant and being who he is puts a large target on his back. I doubt he will ever be ignored long enough to be as effective as he should be and I can only see him doing well with a partner that can punish those that focus him or can keep both players away from him. (which are few)

Message 24 of 45 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Dec 19, 2012

I think Raiden is right ontop but I think with the right character sly is also s tier. Radec can escape damage basically wherever he is no matter what. He can setup his level 1 with his invis grenade and is hard to approach especially with a sly on you. Raiden stays in s because of his combos...throw loops... and general ability to peel from anywhere on the map making it hard for your partner to get combod.. Radec can peel very well as well. Hitting nades off walls in front of you is a good way to make people keep distance and I never see Radec doing this. All in all I think he's higher than D. You can;t jump in on him making certain characters you can team with have an advantage. He's not top tier simply because he doesn;t fit well with the whole cast. However there's no reason why with the right partner and playstyle he couldnt be part of a devastating team

PSN : PsYkiiiK and also FroZiiiN.... PsYkiiiK is always on PSASBR HMU for some 1v1s
Message 25 of 45 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

It is time for me to stop fooling myself with Sweet Tooth...

Sad clown is indeed sad. After a lot of thought, I feel as though Sweet Tooth is where he belongs. He has a very difficult time competing against the top tiers during 2vs2 in this game. He has difficulty fighting many of the high tier characters as well. Dang...he even has a bad match up against Sir Daniel because his shield absorbs all his best moves (napalms, machete, land mines, both shotguns). Sweet Tooth, undoubtedly, has a lot of flaws and problems when compared to the top tiers who are very lacking of the same number of flaws.

I don't foresee Sweet Tooth making it very high in the 1vs1 list either...middle at best. Any character that has a move that negates Sweet Tooth's spacing game just completely crushes Sweet Tooth. No level 2 to rely on because it is abysmal (the only character in the game whos level 2 is worse than his level 1). No other character in the game loses options, setups, and super combos as a result of building enough meter from level 1 into a level 2 super. Playstyle relies on the opponent making mistakes more than anything.

Will Superbot help this character in the future? Doubt it.

I feel as though I've reached the absolute maximum skill cap that Sweet Tooth's design allows...and yet I still feel like Sweet Tooth has more limitations than anything. Sweet Tooth takes a lot of hard work to get black belts with (FFA or 2vs2).

I would like to point out something I noticed. Among the top 100 2vs2 ranked players, only 3 of them have their "best all star" labled as Sweet Tooth. This seems to further support Sweet Tooth's position.

I've played your Fat Princess with my Sweet Tooth in the beta COS. I know you are a good player so I feel as though a tier list from you would be pretty accurate. Keep it up. I look forward to your 1vs1 tier list.

Message 26 of 45 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
862 posts

Dec 19, 2012
This is why I don't make these list COS ..... people get real passionate about there characters that they main.
Message 27 of 45 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Dec 19, 2012
Still haven't been on in more then a week Smiley Tongue
Message 28 of 45 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 19, 2012

Radec is C tier in 2v2 depending on your partner.

If your partner is a non-combo heavy character, you will find being chased down a lot more. Obviously this reduces Radecs effectiveness regardless of how well he can handle it. It is a known fact that Radec upclose doesn't generate enough AP and has to out-play most of his opponents to come out on top.

Also remember Radec is the most stage-dependent character in the whole game. If you get maps like Sandover Village or Franzea in 2v2, Radec's not in his natural element where his main source of AP (sniper rifle) cannot be used often. You will almost always be in mid or close range on certain maps.

Radec is C tier in 2v2, not D tier IMO.

------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 29 of 45 (186 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Dec 19, 2012

Kratos,FP, & sly should be S tier, they just have to many moves and great supers. Like one poster said, I would happly go up against a raiden than a kratos anyday. Kratos just has to many moves with no recovery time in between. Anyone I see playing with Kratos I immediately lose respect for them playing with suck a cheap character like him and people just spam the neutral square and up square button.

Sly with that invisibility, teleport that people think that are good at with him but they just spam the hell out of makes him too much of a problem. And FP, lets just say I have played quite a few FP and she is really great with the combos I have seen people do with her just makes a pain to go against her. Raiden should probably be in the lower tier because he is way more punishable than those 3.

Sir Daniel should be higher. I have encountered some good Sir Daniel players and he has should great moves and some great setups from the players that I have seen play them.

Sweet Tooth is probably where he needs to be or might meed to be down a tier. He has some pretty good close up moves but lack combos bad. The ones I have seen videos of they are too situaltional. He has the worst level 2 super out of every one and has the worst hit confirm togo into his level one. He requires the most work to play with out of anyone in this game. Sometimes I can;t believe Superbot would let this kind of disadvantage go on for a charater and let too many advantages that are spammable to death for others fly by.

I would put Parappa (My main) in probably a tier lower or 2 tiers lower. He has some good AP generation but lack supers that can get more than one kill at a time. He has a decent level but he has alot of setup for his level one and if you do not know them at all you are completely in a disadvantage. He has a decent level 2 but I have ran into some people that can dodge it really good and it then just makes it very situational to catch both of them off guard so you can get 2 kills off of. His level 3 is automatic 2 kill but that just not really great to get get based on other people level 3 that can get 4 kills minimum. But excels with teaming with any character based on his thousand punch combo that can get teammates free supers.

How i invision tiers in this game is based off how cheap and easy it is play as most characters with great supers (Kratos,Sly, Raiden, Drake) to the characters that takes the most work with more weaker supers (Sweet Tooth, Sir Daniel, Radec)

Message 30 of 45 (177 Views)
0 Likes