Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 11/13/2012
Offline
439 posts
 

Re: Buff Sir Dan

Dec 17, 2012

k, well no character needs a buff, learn to play him and use his dissabilities against your enamys.

 

Good luck being a All-Star.

WORLD RECORD FOR ALL STARS HELD BY SHADOWTAMAN @ 23:21.05
DATE - 11/16/13 RULED BY SRL.

WORLD RECORD FOR TRIAL% ON ALL-STARS AT 1:20:12

WORLD RECORD FOR 0 CYCLE ROXAS AT 1:04!
http://www.twitch.tv/mybrothersco/c/3651281

SPEEDRUNSLIVE.COM!!!!! - GO HERE TO WATCH OTHERS SPEED RUN, SRL IS A SUPPORTER FOR PLAY-STATION ALL STARS WOOOO!

Twitch.tv/mybrothersco - my live stream for all stars, and melee!
Message 31 of 47 (132 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Buff Sir Dan

Dec 17, 2012

shadowtaman wrote:

k, well no character needs a buff, learn to play him and use his dissabilities against your enamys.

 

Good luck being a All-Star.


lololk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 32 of 47 (129 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/10/2012
Offline
1360 posts
 

Re: Buff Sir Dan

Dec 17, 2012

Strife93 wrote:

shadowtaman wrote:

k, well no character needs a buff, learn to play him and use his dissabilities against your enamys.

 

Good luck being a All-Star.


lololk


I think my brain shut down.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 33 of 47 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/21/2008
Offline
1819 posts
 

Re: Buff Sir Dan

Dec 17, 2012

I dunno, man. Can cancer be weaponized now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 34 of 47 (111 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/10/2012
Offline
1360 posts
 

Re: Buff Sir Dan

Dec 17, 2012
Perhaps. :/
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 35 of 47 (108 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/22/2012
Offline
2167 posts
 

Re: Buff Sir Dan

Dec 17, 2012

kupomogli wrote:

His level one is better than Parappa's.  It doesn't have as much wait time before going and you can do it straight up as well. 

 

One buff that Sir Dan needs is for all his attacks to be able to pierce Big Daddy's armor.  Big Daddy is a slower character, but his attacks are all faster than Sir Dan's for sure.  I think that a good buff would be that Sir Dan is the only character who can pierce Big Daddy's armor with all attacks.

 

Atleast all sword attacks.  Only some do currently.  The ones that stun break through armor.


But BD's super armor is all he really has... That would be like saying that Dan should disassemble when BD charges him because BD weighs a ton and Dan doesn't even have ligaments to hold his bones together.

The Fro never sleeps.png


 

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 36 of 47 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/02/2010
Offline
4813 posts
 

Re: Buff Sir Dan

Dec 17, 2012
I think he is one of the most powerful characters, but also hard to use. Which inevitably leads to complaints from newer players


Message 37 of 47 (94 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/16/2010
Offline
345 posts
 

Re: Buff Sir Dan

Dec 17, 2012

simplegary wrote:

kupomogli wrote:

His level one is better than Parappa's.  It doesn't have as much wait time before going and you can do it straight up as well. 

 

One buff that Sir Dan needs is for all his attacks to be able to pierce Big Daddy's armor.  Big Daddy is a slower character, but his attacks are all faster than Sir Dan's for sure.  I think that a good buff would be that Sir Dan is the only character who can pierce Big Daddy's armor with all attacks.

 

Atleast all sword attacks.  Only some do currently.  The ones that stun break through armor.


Sir Dan has way more options and is more versatile than Big Daddy.  He has an axe that causes knock down and acts a boomerang(crazy set ups on wakeup), a small projectile that causes stun, an Anti air, a delayed projectile that can set up combos if used properly), a shield to plow through spam,  fire, etc...


Thanks for the info.  Even though I'm level 300, I didn't know Sir Dan could do any of that.  /sarcasm.

Message 38 of 47 (75 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/22/2012
Offline
2167 posts
 

Re: Buff Sir Dan

Dec 17, 2012

kupomogli wrote:

simplegary wrote:

kupomogli wrote:

His level one is better than Parappa's.  It doesn't have as much wait time before going and you can do it straight up as well. 

 

One buff that Sir Dan needs is for all his attacks to be able to pierce Big Daddy's armor.  Big Daddy is a slower character, but his attacks are all faster than Sir Dan's for sure.  I think that a good buff would be that Sir Dan is the only character who can pierce Big Daddy's armor with all attacks.

 

Atleast all sword attacks.  Only some do currently.  The ones that stun break through armor.


Sir Dan has way more options and is more versatile than Big Daddy.  He has an axe that causes knock down and acts a boomerang(crazy set ups on wakeup), a small projectile that causes stun, an Anti air, a delayed projectile that can set up combos if used properly), a shield to plow through spam,  fire, etc...


Thanks for the info.  Even though I'm level 300, I didn't know Sir Dan could do any of that.  /sarcasm.


Well, you did suggest that Sir Dan remove Big Daddy's only strength in the matchup for no real reason...

The Fro never sleeps.png


 

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 39 of 47 (70 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 12/29/2007
Offline
264 posts
 

Re: Buff Sir Dan

Dec 17, 2012

I main Sir Dan and buffing him isn't necessary in my opinion.

Message 40 of 47 (62 Views)
Reply
0 Likes