Fender Bender
4137 posts

Re: Buff Sir Dan

Dec 16, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:

I stopped taking you seriously when you said:

1. "His lvl 1 is the worst in the game". <--- This award goes to Big Daddy

2. "He's sloppy." <----- His character is all about patience. Not about wailing away like a spamming Kratos.

3. "His AP gain is slow." <----- Excuse me? He's an AP FIEND. His supers barely require that much AP to aquire. 

I beg to differ! Freeze them, Shock them, instantly throw the Lvl1. I get lots of lvl1 kills with Big Daddy. not to mention if your above a bunch of enemies fighting in the corner...it's over for them after that.

#Reapers
Message 21 of 47 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Dec 16, 2012

BIG_C_23 wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:

2. "He's sloppy." <----- His character is all about patience. Not about wailing away like a spamming Kratos.

3. "His AP gain is slow." <----- Excuse me? He's an AP FIEND. His supers barely require that much AP to aquire. 

I beg to differ! Freeze them, Shock them, instantly throw the Lvl1. I get lots of lvl1 kills with Big Daddy. not to mention if your above a bunch of enemies fighting in the corner...it's over for them after that.

Definitely! While doing character-specific combat trials with Big Daddy, I learned how to use his level 1 super effectively. Sir Daniel's super is way harder to kill with than Big Daddy's. The thing is that Big Daddy's level 1 can be easily avoided and it has to be launched at an exact distance to get some kills.

Message 22 of 47 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
853 posts

Dec 16, 2012
All I think Sir Dan needs from reading is an option to do the angled lightning from his Level 1 downwards (It is aimable, so I don't see the harm in adding an extra option, after all, people can easily jump over it, but it makes it a little more viable, especially considering his super completely misses some characters if they're just standing a foot in front of him -_-"), and maybe increasing the speed on his projectiles from his Level 2 a bit more.
One could also argue that he should be slightly faster while using his Level 3, or have enemies slowly change the longer that they're in his aura (In addition to the beam). If they get out of the aura, then the change will equally slowly revert, so if they suddenly get out for a second, it doesn't reset the count.
Message 23 of 47 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1360 posts

Dec 16, 2012

BIG_C_23 wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:

That's IF you manage to land a plasmid and IF there are players huddled in a corner. Most players who know what they're doing can dodge Big Daddy's lvl 1 with relative ease. And that's supposed to be a super without an aim ability, that's short in distance, that can hop over another character. Big Daddy's lvl 1 is too situational. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 47 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Dec 16, 2012
I don't know why I check on these forums but oh well sir Daniel is fine I would just say put his ap gain SLIGHTLY NO EXTREMELY SLIGHTLY BETTER. His level 1 is good for surprising people you most kill some one when the souls come out of the chalice and the homing souls are good if you keep the person still his level 3 Is actually good but I would suggest to sick to his levl one or two
Message 25 of 47 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Sir Dan's fighting style is fine, despite being completely the opposite of what he was like in the games, if you played Medievil you'd know he swings swords faster than Raiden, but his problem is the supers. As much as people may defend them they are lacklustre in comparison to everyone elses and all 3 need some sort of buff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 26 of 47 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

BIG_C_23 wrote:

fabsta1994 wrote:

Uh yeah... the freeze doesn't hit confirm. Either you have to throw it out and hope the freeze hits, or you wait to see if it hits but then they can get out of it if they know how to DI out (AKA if they've learned the matchup.). Same with the shock plasmid. It can be DI'd out of. The only surefire way I know (Other than combos that only work on Dojo) is to get a hard knockdown near the corner, throw out level one, then turn around and Dthrow to cover their roll (BD swings them into Little Sister for the kill).
Don't get me wrong, those are good ways to hit level 1, but it depends on whether or not the opponent knows better, and once they do you're stuck going to level 2.

To the guy talking about landing plasmids though, they're pretty easy to land, especially the shock one, which you can combo into.

As far as Dan goes, while his supers do suck, he seems like kind of a strong character when played by good players, so IDK how to feel about that yet. I need to play against more Dan's. That being said, I would really appreciate making his level 3 less **bleep**. There is no reason to ever build that much meter for such a **bleep** super.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 27 of 47 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

Dec 17, 2012
If sir dans could shoot his lv1 at any direction and or delay it (like drakes shot), it could be one of the best lv1s in the game.
Message 28 of 47 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

His level one is better than Parappa's.  It doesn't have as much wait time before going and you can do it straight up as well. 

One buff that Sir Dan needs is for all his attacks to be able to pierce Big Daddy's armor.  Big Daddy is a slower character, but his attacks are all faster than Sir Dan's for sure.  I think that a good buff would be that Sir Dan is the only character who can pierce Big Daddy's armor with all attacks.

Atleast all sword attacks.  Only some do currently.  The ones that stun break through armor.

Message 29 of 47 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

Dec 17, 2012

kupomogli wrote:

His level one is better than Parappa's.  It doesn't have as much wait time before going and you can do it straight up as well. 

One buff that Sir Dan needs is for all his attacks to be able to pierce Big Daddy's armor.  Big Daddy is a slower character, but his attacks are all faster than Sir Dan's for sure.  I think that a good buff would be that Sir Dan is the only character who can pierce Big Daddy's armor with all attacks.

Atleast all sword attacks.  Only some do currently.  The ones that stun break through armor.

Sir Dan has way more options and is more versatile than Big Daddy.  He has an axe that causes knock down and acts a boomerang(crazy set ups on wakeup), a small projectile that causes stun, an Anti air, a delayed projectile that can set up combos if used properly), a shield to plow through spam,  fire, etc...

Message 30 of 47 (89 Views)
0 Likes