Jan 11 2013
By: crashbfan23 Wastelander 584 posts

Buff Sackboy just a little bit

4 replies 228 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

He's quite a bit too hard to use now.

They did increase the amount he needs for his supers, which is understandable since his level 2 & 3 are pretty great, but getting there has become too much of a challenge. I remember the development team did say he was sort of a keepaway, projectile character and that's what they should stick to. Sackboy has no chance against those long range, sword button mashing characters, unless getting at them from a distance.

Jam session is one of Sackboy's only lifeline in addition to his cake, and Jam Session is absolutely useless. 10 AP for a move that takes about 2-3 seconds to even use is not enough. Compare it to characters such as radec who can snipe from a long range about once every second and get 3x the AP for it. Jam Session should be 15, maybe even 20 like the cake to become a worthy move, since now it's just a waste of space on the controller.

It's very hard to even land a hit in this game when everyone uses long range melee characters, so completely destroying his projectile game kind of screwed him over.

The 750 for his level 3 is already a lot, and would still be hard to get, but a bit more manageable instead of near impossible.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (228 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6371 posts

Re: Buff Sackboy just a little bit

Jan 11, 2013

I agree. Just his jam session needs a buff, since only 10 ap for that is bs.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
726 posts

Jan 11, 2013

That i have to agree. Sackboy is 1 of my mains and it is quite a challenge to get his level 3 in 3 min matches. I'm happy hes nerfed and more balence now and the 1 only thing i feel that is not fair to him is making his 'Jam session' give just tiny AP by 10. Because he now needs more AP to reach lv 3 and with very little time in matches, its really worthless rely on and makes it like a waste of a attack. If Jam session had atleast 5 or 10 more AP buff then he would be done.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(Mains)
(Male)--------(Female)
1: Parappa--1: Kat
2: Sackboy---2: Sackgirl
3: SirDan-----3: Fat princess
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Jan 11, 2013

buff sackboythere

I probably posted a joke here. If you get offended, I'm sorry in advance. I'm not here to start fights.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (190 Views)
Splicer
67 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Yeah, I agree. Reducing jam session to 10 AP was too much. I pretty much never use his jam session in a timed match because of how long the start-up is.

I don't want to get too greedy, but I wouldn't mind if they also decreased his level 1 cost a bit, maybe to 125 or 100 (it's currently 150). His level 2 and 3 are fine where they are, but his level 1 really isn't good enough to cost as much as Raiden's, Drake's, or Sly's.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (143 Views)
0 Likes