Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Re: Buff Dante!

Dec 21, 2012
That's true too, down triangle by all means should be able to cause some stun because otherwise it just defeats the purpose of the animation, Dante is clearly shooting in both directions for the sake of shooting at two enemies at once but what good is that if neither of them flinche?

Neutral triangle at least I could see becoming spammable, yeah there's a bit of time where Dante puts it away but he can quickly get back to it before an opponent gets close and if it's going to cause some flinching especially with mid-air enemies, logically they'll be pushed back a bit, now granted they could probably make it less spammable by increasing how far back each bullet pushes an enemy back and then have the properties change in various ways for only if you use the guns in combos,
Message 31 of 61 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1530 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Isn't the point of playing a character a lot to figure out his ins and outs,  to establish strategies, adjust to their playstyle, develop match-up ideals against other characters? I know lots of stuff about Dante, not everything, but being 999 with him shows that I at least have some general knowledge of how to use him and how he's played, unless you're assuming I just use the same move over and over to win and that's it, without learning anything. Heck, I'd actually trade a nerf in his ap gain for a bit of utility so he'd be more accessible and not so high risk, that if you miss you're basically screwed. But then people picking him up would have a hard time getting AP if they didn't know how to combo (and do ap burst combos without using the bold cancel). Guess I'm a little selfish, I admit...and I honestly think Superbot won't touch him at all, or they'd nerf him if they thought his AP gain was too big.  Merely stating my opinion on the matter, I understand Nocturnal_Gamer's pain :/ I'd rather use him than nooby Kratos or Raiden, where I don't feel like I accomplished anything by using them lol, and the price for that then is a HELL of a lot of patience and a ton of blocking for Dante. After a while it got pretty annoying to me, so at this point I guess the blame's on me, and there wouldn't be too much to touch on without him becoming OP.

photo 2d417387-1f2e-4ac8-af87-e26c742668d8.png
Message 32 of 61 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Dec 21, 2012

In regards to the up/down triangle having stun.. I honestly belive the sole purpose of those moves is for quicker movements and meant to be cancelled. sorta like dashing, but based on actual button hitting that makes the difference, unlike smash where it was all about movement dashing.

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 33 of 61 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
889 posts

Dec 21, 2012
He is fine his ap gain to level 3 can be a tiny bit faster but besides that he is good I would like his parry to also be anti projectile like kratos but it isn't a should happen pronto and I only use pistols so I can cancel in other stuff during combos
Message 34 of 61 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Dec 21, 2012
just make his level 2 not complete **bleep**
Message 35 of 61 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I would say reduce his level 1 AP cost.

Dante is fine. If you guys are using his Triangle moves for anything other than canceling into a combo, you're playing wrong.

Dante is not supposed to be an easy character to use so to do that to him is an insult. He is combo heavy and if you raise his ap generation he would be OP.
Message 36 of 61 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Dec 21, 2012

no

Message 37 of 61 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Dec 21, 2012

ThatOneGuy39 wrote:

Wouldn't the guns be very spammable if opponents could flinche from the shots? How bout make it so they only cause flinching if your using the guns in a combo? That way opponents do flinche but spammers can't take advantage of it

Not really, the ap gain on them is terribe.

Message 38 of 61 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Dec 21, 2012
dantes a good character, his guns don't need to gain a lot of ap...
his supers could be better though. his level 2 is lame.
Message 39 of 61 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Dec 21, 2012

i only have two request for buffs on dante. 

1. being able to cancel, if you MISS the opponent,

2. guns gain more Ap

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario kills turtles..... kratos kills gods.

looking for some art to look at! look no further!
www.noahmorrow.deviantart.com/

Message 40 of 61 (76 Views)
0 Likes