Jan 30 2013
By: Bryyo Sackboy 546 posts

Bringing up Digimon again.

32 replies 749 views Edited Jan 30, 2013
I know many people think this to be a bad idea, having Digimon represented in All-Stars, but I beg of you, hear me out. I was playing SSBM and SSBB today, and took note of the ridiculous amount of exposure Pokémon has in the series. It's everywhere. Pikachu, Pichu, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Pokémon trainer, many stages, and let's not the Pokéballs. The little capsules that contain hundreds of various creatures, each with their own purpose in Smash Bros. All-Stars doesn't even have this much exposure for God of War, even with all of the GoW material it has compared to other included franchises. Digimon is loved by a similar crowd, and is also respected by many older generations due to the more mature designs of many of its characters.

I'm not saying All-Stars should throw Digimon in and make it a huge part of the game, but it would give it a leg to stand on against the Pokémon portions of SSB. There will be immediate dismissal by many, but eventually, the masses will see this as a respectable move. Digimon is still a huge franchise, and it could add a lot to All-Stars, as well as regain some of its lost popularity.

I believe the best candidate for a character would be Agumon. His move set would require a lot of thought to make it more than a few slashes and fireballs, but if done right, he could be a great character. His supers would most-likely include his evolutions, Greymon, Metalgreymon, and Wargreymon. He would digivolve into each form for their respective super, changing back when it's done.

•Greymon (level 1) would shoot a giant fireball, which is aimable (like Radec's level 1).
•Metalgreymon (level 2) could do one of many things. He could shoot the missiles from his chest cavity, which would seek opponents (like Sir Dan's level 2). Or he could shoot his metal claw at opponents. Hell, why not both?
•Wargreymon (level 3) would be a God mode type character, having great speed and powerfull physical attacks. When you're done having your fun thrashing the competition, you can use Terra Force (pretty much the Digimon equivalent of a spirit bomb) to decimate whoever is left.

After much thought, I truly believe this would be a good addition to All-Stars. Tell me what you think, and if it isn't in agreement, please save the rudeness and explain your view intelligently.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
We're both lawyers.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 33 (749 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: Bringing up Digimon again.

Jan 30, 2013

id love a digimon, if not in this game than in the sequel :smileyhappy:

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 33 (736 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Jan 30, 2013

O man, Digimon... That takes me back.

One of my favorites was Beetlemon

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 33 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
191 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Agumon would be such an awesome character in this. Especially with a digivolution gimmick. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 33 (700 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jan 30, 2013
I want me a Digimon in this game.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 33 (694 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
749 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(Mains)
(Male)--------(Female)
1: Parappa--1: Kat
2: Sackboy---2: Sackgirl
3: SirDan-----3: Fat princess
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 33 (677 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I agree digimon would be A GREAT adition to the game. Although if anything, I think Taiga would make A better character than Agumon. :smileyhappy:

dante photo dante2.png
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 33 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Jan 30, 2013

Tamers12345 wrote:

I agree digimon would be A GREAT adition to the game. Although if anything, I think Taiga would make A better character than Agumon. :smileyhappy:

I feel like if Digimon were to be brought in it'd be agumon, guilmon, or veemon. I'm glad Digimon were brought up again, one of my favorite Playstation games ever (at least between Xbox and Nintendo). It was exclusive until the fourth Digimon world, then it headed the same direction Crash and Spyro did.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 33 (619 Views)
PlayStation MVP
229 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I know I've posted something like this before so I wont bother to read, sorry.  bur I so want digimon in this game.  If anything it has to be augumon.  wathed the seoson I hadnt watches on crunchy roll (digimin xros wars).  Anyways, augumon's supers can cosist of hime digivolving and attacking.  greymon-level 1 metalgreymon-level 2 and wargremon-level 3.  Obviously I would go nuts if omegamon was in but that consist of metal garurumon and war greymon so that isnt happenning :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 33 (598 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
535 posts

Jan 30, 2013
Have you guys ever bothered to grow up or is everyone still stuck on being 12 years old, wanting Digimon
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 33 (594 Views)