Sep 30 2012
By: dragonfire111 Survivor 2383 posts
Accepted Solution

Breaking News: Anita Sarkeesian to rant about Playstation All Stars and Sony.

72 replies 1236 views Edited Sep 30, 2012

Feminist Anita Sarkeesian, crusader of the Video Game feminist movement is said to make a rant about the Playstation exclusive game "Playstation All Stars Battle Royale".

"They're giving the males an unfair advantage in this game" says Anita.

"As a woman, I find it unfair how the men get to fight the women in this game but also how only one of the two women in the current roster is obese and doesn't have any way of physically fighting. I find this offensive".

Anita is also claiming how the proportions on Fat Princess and Nariko are a mockery to women and that Sony should make more females "in the near future".

Anita is also going to make a petition to Sony on them not to include Kat from Gravity Rush(who may or may not be int he game already) because her outfit is too revealing.

Anita's popularity rose when she created a Kickstarter to battle against how women are portrayed in gaming today.

Anita said this before the interview was over.

"I honestly don't care about the Playstation History if women are being portrayed so unrealistically and horribly in this game" she said.

"I'd rather have this game be a mockery to the Playstation brand but with good female characters than it being made for fans and with it having these mockery to women characters running around while men are pleased by it."

Her petition against Kat will appear sometime this week"

i found this on gamefaqs discuss

Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 1 of 73 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Re: Breaking News: Anita Sarkeesian to rant about Playstation All Stars and Sony.

Sep 30, 2012

...what

just...WHAT.

This isn't even feminism, this is just borderline stupidity. 'I'm' a feminist and I'm a guy.

Message 2 of 73 (1,226 Views)
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Re: Breaking News: Anita Sarkeesian to rant about Playstation All Stars and Sony.

Sep 30, 2012
**bleep** be cray
Lazarevic for PASBR
Message 3 of 73 (1,211 Views)
Wastelander
843 posts

Sep 30, 2012
Whoever that was just lost my respect. This game is meant to represent the PlayStation, and if she had problems with the likes of Nariko and Fat Princess, why not state them beforehand? I don't see the point in trying to get the game to do what it isn't meant to.

Maybe I should try and get this game to leave out the likes of Kratos and Radec so it can help promote non-violence. >.>

Not everything is made against a gender.
Message 4 of 73 (1,197 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Sep 30, 2012

Anita is also actively working against gender equality because she feels women should be treated differently than other characters. It's people like this that destroy the reputation of sane feminists.

Message 5 of 73 (1,195 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2383 posts

Sep 30, 2012
just to note i dont agree with her at all i just posted it for you guys to see
i think that she is complaining about pointless things
Monkey D. Luffy (one piece) "I'm the man who's going to be the Pirate King!"
Guts (berserk) " I've never expected a miracle. I will get things done myself. "
Message 6 of 73 (1,185 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

...? Really? This is a game about Playstation meaning popular characters and Kat can't be in due to one person being offended by it, I don't think so.

Message 7 of 73 (1,176 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1424 posts

Sep 30, 2012
I dont agree with her at all..

photo IsaacSig_zps95a635ae.png
Message 8 of 73 (1,166 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Sep 30, 2012

cauthfddsfklgh.jpg

Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 9 of 73 (1,156 Views)
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 30, 2012

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How do people like this even exist?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 73 (1,141 Views)
0 Likes