Fender Bender
2925 posts

Re: Bluepoint Games will be remaking classic Crash and Spyro

Jul 3, 2012
Yes it does, on the website it says that Bluepoint remasters games, so they'll be doing this with classic characters, they're actually using the engine on both. They clearly say,
Announcing our latest project: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale for the PS Vita system. And [They say AND], the main PS3 title (from SuperBot Entertainment) is developed using the Bluepoint Engine.
Hmm they also happen to say that the main PS3 title is developed by the Bluepoint engine? What a coincidence. I wouldn't have posted this if I didn't look it through. I'm all about giving information that's new, obviously it's caught your eye, but you really don't understand what I'm saying.
Message 31 of 55 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Jul 3, 2012
Sounds like you're trying to make connections that don't exist.

The website says Bluepoint remasters games because 3 of their last 4 projects were exactly that: HD remasters. But that has nothing to do with their involvement for PS All stars. They're involved in the game because they made an engine that does cross-play really well, and therefore the engine's being used on PS3 and Vita. That's it. Bluepoint's not "remastering" any characters for SuperBot; the characters and their movesets are being created from the ground up by SuperBot.

This thread is just a bunch of speculation with no basis or proof for what you're saying. You even said that Bluepoint created Parappa for the game, yet you have absolutely no proof of that...
Message 32 of 55 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jul 3, 2012
Powerful handle based renderer with support for standard rendering features, including normal mapping, custom shader support, particles, animation blend trees and offline lightmap generation

Addition features include rigid body physics, AI pathfinding, robust asset system with streaming, perforce integration, and FMOD or WWISE sound system integration

Unique visual state machine editor allows for rapid creation of complex AI’s

All from the site, anyways I will email Bluepoint
Message 33 of 55 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
566 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2012

Explain in detail what you mean by "Remastering characters"

and I do mean go into detail, explain the company process you're imagining in your head

Message 34 of 55 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Jul 3, 2012

harley2947 wrote:
I know this doesn't confirm anything, I'm just saying because.. who doesn't want Crash and Spyro in this game.

But you ARE saying that in your title.

Bluepoint Game WILL BE REMAKING.. It's right there. Change the title to "might remake" and nothing is screwy about your entire thread, but you keep saying they WILL BE REMAKING them, which makes no sense, since you've got nothing on it.

Message 35 of 55 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jul 3, 2012

Okay then, my definition of remastering characters is where they take the classic characters and work and smooth them out, turning them into characters with 1080p graphics, and having the shaded tones and making them look awesome, instead of the old, box shaped, one color shade versions. Look at PaRappa, he looks way better, he used to be just a figure lookin like a paper mario character, now he's a 3D, 2D character, it's like putting makeup on them in a way.

Message 36 of 55 (393 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jul 3, 2012
Okay, so all this is sbout me miswording the title? If it bothers you thst much I'll change it rightnow.
Message 37 of 55 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
566 posts

Jul 3, 2012

You miss understood my question

Why would they outsource the modeling a texturing of some characters to BluHole? That doesn't make any sense

Especially when bluhole just ports games they don't even touch the art assets

You definitely don't know how games are made because what you say makes so little sense but you haven't a clue

Message 38 of 55 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jul 3, 2012

Dormin000 wrote:

Explain in detail what you mean by "Remastering characters"

and I do mean go into detail, explain the company process you're imagining in your head

I answered your question just fine, the fact that you keep arguing over this, and you're not right at all, is dumb, you're a nerd and get on with your life. I can't waste my time on this, you need to grow up, this is to discuss Playstation All-Stars, and I've probably repeated myself 10-15 times because you keep asking the same dumb question. I am going to delete this thread now because of how immature you are getting. You havn't a bloody clue, Haha

Message 39 of 55 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Jul 3, 2012
I can't find out how to delete it so I guess I'll go on. You wonder why Bluepoint Games would do this for All-Stars, Go contact them and ask them what they're main intention in the game is. If you don't think I'm correct then, heyy I don't care, just don't complain to me
Message 40 of 55 (367 Views)
0 Likes