Jan 22 2013
By: kupomogli Hekseville Citizen 345 posts

Block needs a stun meter with regeneration.

21 replies 403 views Edited Jan 22, 2013

Defending in this game is way too powerful.  So much that I've started calling it extreme turtling.

99% of Dante players spend 99% of the time turtling.  When you're using characters they have to go up to obviously they do.  But it's a pretty much impossible win against a Drake, Jak, or Ratchet so you don't even have to try. 

For SuperBot being hand picked because their background in fighting games, UFC, Street Fighter, etc, you guys sure as hell don't have any foresight on how crappy a lot of your decisions in this game are.

I've said this time and time again, citing Dante as the example as he's constantly used online and is almost always using this method of turtling.  Just because you can't make a balanced roster and Dante sucks and is required to turtle isn't our problem.  Turtling still shouldn't be as powerful as it is.

In before noobs jump in and mention grab, guard break, or you how you still get  AP.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (403 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6371 posts

Re: Block needs a stun meter with regeneration.

Jan 22, 2013
You know kupo, with all your complaints I actually (sorta) agree for once. Sure there is chip damaging and guard breaks and grabs, but here is how I would do it. Just blocking won't do anything, but when hit, your guard meter constantly drains to a guard breaks happens.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
847 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Guard bar is not gonna turn more balanced cuz some characters dont get ap comboing, like sly or bd...any others sugestion?
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (389 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1052 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I never seen anyone "turtling" online...However blocking is'nt that powerfull in my opinion.

firma.PNG

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1336 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

It's kinds of a pain when your nariko and they constantly block, you can't really pull of a good combo because of this but I still manage.

IMO I think it's fine it's not like you aren't gaining ap for hitting someone who is blocking plus they are wasting their time, plus you can grab them right?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jan 22, 2013

A. chip AP.

B. Many characters are capable of pretty great combos off of grab. Maybe you should start using them. If anything, grabs are too good in this game.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:

A. chip AP.

B. Many characters are capable of pretty great combos off of grab. Maybe you should start using them. If anything, grabs are too good in this game.

I played yday against a Dante and drake. and all they werre doing was holding block so i kept grabbing them non stop and do a little combo after grab (I play as g cole) and they had mics and were getting mad saying ALL G COLE DOES IS GRAB.. but seriously all they were doing was blocking.. what they want me to do? go up til there face and do a attack so they can block and do a combo on me? Dont get mad cuz i grab when yu block...

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Jan 22, 2013

They should inpliment a blocking system like they have in Smash Bros. If you stand there too long holding your shield up/absorb too much damage, it breaks and leaves you vulnerable like when you fall off a legde or when Hades hits you

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Jan 22, 2013

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

They should inpliment a blocking system like they have in Smash Bros. If you stand there too long holding your shield up/absorb too much damage, it breaks and leaves you vulnerable like when you fall off a legde or when Hades hits you

I wish.. yday that dante and drake wudv dided all 3 stocks for holding block

Jozai custom made signature photo jozaigoodcolesignature_zps1ca25a9d.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (287 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
31 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Dude5059 wrote:

A. chip AP.

I agree on the grab part.  They are pretty absurd.  My friend was complaining about it because when he was getting close to a level 3, me and the other guy just hunted him down exclusively.  There is basically no way for him to avoid getting grabbed at least once.  What I can not stand about it is that you can grab people while they are dodge rolling!  How does that make any sense at all!?  Seriously, why can you be grabbed while rolling, I can't stand rolling away from a guy only to have him reach his arms out and I just lose all my AP.  

And I agree with OP.  For all the supposed fighting vets they had, their lack of foresight on numerous issues is unbelievable.  I also hate how blocking is just so absurd.  My favorite example is Radec's Neutral Circle, Sticky Grenade thing.  Ok, you can block the initial shot where he tries to attach it.  That's fine.  But if he sticks it to you, they can block when it explodes on them as well!?  What is the point of that!?  It's hard enough to land it on them, if I land it, I should be rewarded with the burst, not them getting another chance to block it further.

www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Rudrose.png[/img]">
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (283 Views)
0 Likes