Feb 08 2013
By: mute-storm First Son 12 posts

Black Belts :/

[ Edited ]
34 replies 240 views Edited Feb 8, 2013

I'm really tired of seeing decently skilled, but not great, Black Belts quitting out of a match at the end because they lost a match. if you lose take your loss like a man. News Flash: People are exploiting this game's lack of authority on quitting to avoid BP loss, Super Bot or whoever is the new developer. I know there's a group of people on here that somehow justify not penalizing Cheaters because they say they get legitimately disconnected often, but I'd bet that the number of cheaters EASILY outweighs the number of people with bad internet/network connections. 

If the developer is going to do absolutely nothing about the issue, this game should have another category on the leaderboards called "Disconnects". At least that way we can look at a person's number of disconnects and judge their belt. I'd be willing to bet that most of the people that get legitimately disconnected more than they compete a match probably gave up on playing this game online. So in the big picture players with lower disconnects would have respect. while players with massive numbers of disconnects would have little respect, and naturally a Black Belt with many disconnects would be more likely to lose to a Red Belt than a Black Belt with few disconnects.

I also would not mind if every 20 disconnects you dropped a belt rank. THAT would FIX a lot of people lol. Or maybe if they capped it at 10 disconnects a day and gave you a warning when you were at 9 DCs so if you happen to be getting screwed out of games by your network/internet connection, you could choose not to play anymore that day. I can see either of those suggestions being frustrating, but I think the good from either of them would outweigh the bad.

Message 1 of 35 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Re: Black Belts :/

Feb 8, 2013
this wouldn't be a problem if people didn't legitimately lose connection so often...I for one have almost given up playing ranked matches because I get disconnected so often and lose BP for something I have no control over, most of the time it is before the match even starts during the intro it just for whatever reason loses connection to the host and subtracts points from me.

There is a penalty but they cannot make it such that it is a deterrent from online play. It should serve as a hindrance to rage quitting which unfortunately at the moment there is not way to unequivocally verify.
Message 2 of 35 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Feb 8, 2013
Black belts are some of the biggest spammers in game.
Message 3 of 35 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

Feb 8, 2013

I remember around the first time this game came out...maybe a week or two after release when being a Black Belt was light years away from me, skill-wise, I beat this Black Belt but he quit. I messaged him saying "You don't deserve your rank." He simply answered "I know".

'Least he was honest.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 35 (207 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Feb 8, 2013

vizionary2012 wrote:
this wouldn't be a problem if people didn't legitimately lose connection so often...I for one have almost given up playing ranked matches because I get disconnected so often and lose BP for something I have no control over, most of the time it is before the match even starts during the intro it just for whatever reason loses connection to the host and subtracts points from me.

There is a penalty but they cannot make it such that it is a deterrent from online play. It should serve as a hindrance to rage quitting which unfortunately at the moment there is not way to unequivocally verify.

Yea, but still, a "Disonnects" category on the leaderboards would let us, the players, figure out how to judge 90% of other players. After a season or two we would figure out what's the normal amount of DCs per every 100 games for a season, and begin to see a number that kinda designates a person as a  "quitter"

They should be vigorously working on a way to not allow one butthole in a room to ruin a match for 3 other people. Though completing a match after someone disconnected has improved with the last patch.

Message 5 of 35 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2138 posts

Feb 8, 2013
I agree but they have to make sure disconnects are not a fault on their end first, they have to fix that net code. Two days ago I was a red belt on the verge of turning brown and through no fault of my own I lose connection to the host during the loading screen intro. I am not currently a green belt. I'm sorry but that is beyond ridiculous, while a lot of people do quit before they start punishing others for i they have to at least make their end remotely decent.
Message 6 of 35 (187 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 8, 2013

CatatonicAlex wrote:

True that. As the season progresses it will get less lame though, as more people who are great at this game but don't have all day to sit around playing this game rank up, the noobs will either stop playing once they are near a rank down or just ragequit all the time until rank down. A few people I used to face a bunch past few seasons as a black belt are currently below me on the leaderboards and they would beat me pretty often. Give it time the noobs will get put in their place.

I'm also like 70% sure that the more disconnects you have in a day, the more BP you lose each time. its not nearly enough though to stop people because theirs also some weird thing where if you quit then immediately join another game (very possible for people with wired connections) you lose no BP at all. 

I had a Drake Black Belt who was about to lose d/c then just because the match was at the end we ended up in the same match, same BP as last game. Beat him again and he quit again, didn't see him for a while but later that day when I saw him he lost a ton of BP. If they quit but fail to immediately find another match they will lose A LOT of BP. Its all a dice roll for ragequitters and that should be changed.

The second someone chooses quit on the menu it should be -20 BP immediately despite rank and opponent rank. The **bleep** system can't be tricked into thinking you didn't quit when the BP loss is registered immediately by the PS3 instead of having to wait for the servers to update post match.

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Message 7 of 35 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 8, 2013

vizionary2012 wrote:
I agree but they have to make sure disconnects are not a fault on their end first, they have to fix that net code. Two days ago I was a red belt on the verge of turning brown and through no fault of my own I lose connection to the host during the loading screen intro. I am not currently a green belt. I'm sorry but that is beyond ridiculous, while a lot of people do quit before they start punishing others for i they have to at least make their end remotely decent.

very true!

Message 8 of 35 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Feb 8, 2013

BIGPOPPA21089 wrote:

The second someone chooses quit on the menu it should be -20 BP immediately despite rank and opponent rank. The **bleep** system can't be tricked into thinking you didn't quit when the BP loss is registered immediately by the PS3 instead of having to wait for the servers to update post match.

I lose 9 points when I quit. 

...but I also lose 3 points when I come in second, gain 2 points when I come in first, lose 10 points when I come in first, and gain 3 points when I come in second. The system is broken- doubt they'll ever fix it.

*I'm told that if you're the host and you quit you will not lose any points. 

Message 9 of 35 (156 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 8, 2013

BIGPOPPA21089 wrote:

CatatonicAlex wrote:

True that. As the season progresses it will get less lame though, as more people who are great at this game but don't have all day to sit around playing this game rank up, the noobs will either stop playing once they are near a rank down or just ragequit all the time until rank down. A few people I used to face a bunch past few seasons as a black belt are currently below me on the leaderboards and they would beat me pretty often. Give it time the noobs will get put in their place.

I'm also like 70% sure that the more disconnects you have in a day, the more BP you lose each time. its not nearly enough though to stop people because theirs also some weird thing where if you quit then immediately join another game (very possible for people with wired connections) you lose no BP at all. 

I had a Drake Black Belt who was about to lose d/c then just because the match was at the end we ended up in the same match, same BP as last game. Beat him again and he quit again, didn't see him for a while but later that day when I saw him he lost a ton of BP. If they quit but fail to immediately find another match they will lose A LOT of BP. Its all a dice roll for ragequitters and that should be changed.

Ok. So they do have a penalty for quitting. Good. But i see it has a loophole, like in Gears of War and Call of Duty you could quit to the dashboard or turn off the console to avoid hurting your win/loss K/D stats. I think eliminating that loophole would be great.

I really do hope the DC penalty is harsher than taking the outright loss. I'd hate to see Black Belts take a 5 point DC penalty instead of a 10 point loss to a Purple Belt.

Message 10 of 35 (154 Views)
0 Likes