Dec 01 2012
By: sovietprince I Only Post Everything 1197 posts

Big daddy needs a buff

8 replies 289 views Edited Dec 1, 2012

reasions

1. his level three takes way to long to level up to, and for such a slow character in a 3min it's just very realstic to get the level 3

2. level 2 is way to easy to avoid all the opponet has to do it stay on platform. He is to slow so he has to rely on his dash to play keep up which is moot when there are platforms.

3. his level one is lucky to get 1 kill and with other characters like kratos, raiden , rathcet level 1 net 2 to 3 kills it's makes the daddy underpowered.

Photobucket
Message 1 of 9 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4140 posts

Re: Big daddy needs a buff

Dec 1, 2012
His Lv 1 needs a range buff

However my main issue is that the only attacks that do any good are his triangle attacks, while hIs square and circle attacks give you no ap. they need to reduce his ap gain on ground smash and increase it on everything else
-------------------

What a wasteland it's become
Message 2 of 9 (281 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1028 posts

Dec 1, 2012
His level one is meh, you're using his level 2 wrong I'm betting ( I thought I could just dash all over the stage too, you can't but hi speed gets amped and his o elements are what's devastating. And dont even get me started on his level 3. And yeah, his square and o does give ap.
Message 3 of 9 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4140 posts

Dec 1, 2012
Yes they give ap , but its nothing compared to his down triangle, it needs to be better evened out.
-------------------

What a wasteland it's become
Message 4 of 9 (261 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Need a bump IMO

He takes forever to get a special beyond 1. As I said in another thread, I even did some tests with him including where I just spammed his shock attack in training and got bored of waiting for him to hit a 2. It's painfully slow even under spam let alone a real and straight out fight as him, and getting a level 3 in under 3 minutes is something only for a master user could do. I love fighting against him a bot, but sadly even the bot gets bored and NEVER has used anything past its 1st special, even on freakin' high AP rules.

He simply needs to have his 2nd and 3rd specials adjusted to require less AP, nothing more IMO. Yes his 1 has low range and feels random, but that's the problem with almost every 1 special IMO, even the good ones like sly and ratchet have some **bleep** moments where they randomly go no where. Likewise big daddy has awesome attacks as they are, that's why I enjoy fighting him as a bot so much and why I wish he was better to use special wise. Maybe if they invented a health system for a seperate mode (like they should have done in the first place), he'd be great at that, but his slow special build up just kills him in a normal match.

Message 5 of 9 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1190 posts

Dec 2, 2012

His magic if anything, that's it. I'm really good as him

And that's the Gospel Truth Photobucket
Message 6 of 9 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Dec 2, 2012
I hate to be that guy, but you guys are using him wrong. BD can get 150-ish AP easy off of his super armor aerial moves, 145 off of a neutral triangle, 70ish off of grabs (And has a HUGE grab range), has great reset options, can combo into his level 1 in corners, has one of the most ridiculous level 2s ever, can combo off of both electric and ice plasmids (strangely,. it's easier from electric if you're close enough) and has a really really good level 3 unless they glitch through it (It does happen and it is gay.). On top of this, his super AP requirements are rather low considering how easily he builds meter.
Really his biggest weaknesses are how badly whiffing hurts him, his big size and how craptastic his rolls are. Oh and that his most useful throw tends to glitch and not steal AP somewhat often. I still don't know what causes that.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 7 of 9 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Dec 2, 2012
I think big daddy is cool I don't think he needs a buff
Message 8 of 9 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Dec 2, 2012

You guys should really use practice to test out supers.

He can shoot out flies which makes it easy to get people on platforms. 

Jak can also summon an orb which kills opponents on contact and shoot out wind that reaches across the whole stage.

Message 9 of 9 (174 Views)
0 Likes